Unholy Outlaw - Season III - June 16-18

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    its the mag/patch fest out there.. like spidey, the nerf bat cant come any faster.. its really time that roster diversity means something in this game..

I tried out a few different teams at the start -- Hood-Punisher-Daken, Hood-Punisher-Hulk -- was fun, but there really is no team that's as fast and uses as little health packs as Patch/cMags.
    thats what irked me.. there are 25 3* in the game and all you see is 141 mag/patch.. it doesnt matter what team you field buffed char or not, you know you re not safe.. i milked this combo a lot before but i tend to go away from it cause they are bound to be nerfed (if mag is nerfed, patch will be nerfed, kinda (quickly respec to 355)).
    Speaking of this, I got a purple mags cover from the iso8 event. I wonder if I should respec to 5/4/4 from my current 5/5/3 in anticipation of the nerf.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    Bracketing is farked again, similar to season 1.

Top 10 is all 1100+ and 700 will put you at roughly 90th place.
    That's nothing to do with bracketing and everything to do with everyone going all out for new covers.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:

New covers is the issue... The 800 for top 15 I had over night had me in the 50's this morning. I got above 900 this morning which was just out of the top ten only to be hit for -47!! That effectively ended me playng this event, not enough time to come back from that.

This game needs a new mode of some sort. I'm really getting bored fighting the same magneto patch teams over and over and over and over in pvp, and the same cycle of dark avengers in PVE.

Something! Anything! Hell, I'll even take an all bagman story right now. Or some new bad guy NPC's, not every comic book character needs to be made playable...
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Something! Anything! Hell, I'll even take an all bagman story right now. Or some new bad guy NPC's, not every comic book character needs to be made playable...

I'm hoping they announce some new wrinkles in the game soon, or I will bail after season 3. The 'cover treadmill' has gotten old.

Even if they nerf Cmags, everyone will just gravitate to Dakan/Sentry next. So, then we'll be complaining about seeing them over and over again. Roster diversity will never be fixed in this game because people will always gravitate towards the teams that kill the quickest.

Other games get around this issue by having a Rock/Paper/Scissors (think Pokemon) combat scheme that helps override any inequities between characters. MPQ is lacking that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:

That's nothing to do with bracketing and everything to do with everyone going all out for new covers.

No, it really isn't.

I went the whole of season 2 without seeing the Bracket Of Death phenomenon in full swing, even when new chars like LazyDaken and Sentry or in-demand chars like CMags and LazyThor were rewards, whereas I would see it in season 1 when it was **** like Loki covers as the rewards.

Competition would still be fierce for a top 10 finish, but I'm talking about scores in the 900s as opposed to 1100+ like now or like I'd see in season 1.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Finished last fight, saw that there are no post-scores, went to alliance chat and got "check internet connection"... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Finished last fight, saw that there are no post-scores, went to alliance chat and got "check internet connection"... icon_rolleyes.gif

RIP Hamster!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I wanted to see what the rewards for the Storm PVP were. Same issue: check your internet connection
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Got a chance to see the Storm PVP rewards... Spiderman... This is will a bloodbath of a PVP... **insert sarcasm here** icon_rolleyes.gif 1st place is wolvie, second is yellow, blue, and purple, up to 25th is blue, 100th is blue, alliance is yellow
  • Unknown
    Options
    Can confirm Spiderman rewards for Storm PvP
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

RIP Hamster!

And NOW, the event is official. It is not a real Versus event without the servers crashing in the final minutes of the event.... icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

RIP Hamster!

And NOW, the event is official. It is not a real Versus event without the servers crashing in the final minutes of the event.... icon_lol.gif
    Actually it crashed AFTER the event. So I'm fine with it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

RIP Hamster!

Nope, I was getting COMM LINK DISRUPTED with 5 mins still left in event
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    RIP Hamster!

Nope, I was getting COMM LINK DISRUPTED with 5 mins still left in event
    0ZM65jp.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Was shielded so I wasn't worried about it. The only thing I was worried about was getting knocked out of top 10. And I ended up in 10th... so I got lucky there.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:

No, it really isn't.

I went the whole of season 2 without seeing the Bracket Of Death phenomenon in full swing, even when new chars like LazyDaken and Sentry or in-demand chars like CMags and LazyThor were rewards, whereas I would see it in season 1 when it was **** like Loki covers as the rewards.

Competition would still be fierce for a top 10 finish, but I'm talking about scores in the 900s as opposed to 1100+ like now or like I'd see in season 1.

Before the hamster crashed, I was sitting in 12th with 913 and only a couple people were above 1000 in my bracket. That is a lot better than before. It looks like this guy just got into a tougher bracket this time around.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    locked wrote:
    You probably see Patchneto teams because you reached the land where mortals don't go (1100 - 1700).
    Someone is trying to prove a point or something, it's pretty spectacular, but yeah, personally I have seen tons of various matchups this tourney. Even see Spidey, lazyCap, Psylocke, GSBW and the like occasionally.
    Me too - I saw a whole mix of teams and managed to lose to a few I really wasn't expecting to be a problem.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There's no "your results" post finish card again?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I can see mine just fine - might just be tied in with the server disruptions.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I did one last match at the end breaking shield to fight into the top ten but time ran out. I got the message about my final score being 896 and how my rewards wojld arrive in one day. In the snapshot it tells me I placed 43rd with a score of 794.

Now my question is why didn't my victory count but losses that apparently occurred after the end of the event count without me getting notified of being hit?