Unholy Outlaw - Season III - June 16-18

Options
I solemnly swear that I am up to no Hood.

Starting off season III with a bloodbath inducing Hood pvp.
Prizes:
1: Baglady - Yellow
2-10: Mororo - Green/Red
11-50: Mororo - Red
51-200: Wolvie - Green

Alliances:
1-100: Mororo - Black

Progressions:
300: Bag token
600: OBW - Purple
900: mmmHP
1100: Hood - Yellow
1300: seX-Force - Yellow

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I planned to skip this PvP and join late the next one in order to get much easier Season3 bracket.

but...

1. 2 new covers are better than random chance for other heroes. I miss covers for only 8 heroes, so totally not worth it.
    2. Those 2 new covers will be helpful in at least 2 soon-to-come PvPs.
    3. I just finished top25, so will get Hood last Blue cover and will definitely max him soon, so that gives a me headstart in this PvP.
    4. Alliance needs points.
    5. What would I do for 3days? My GF doesn't want to fit her schedule to fit mine, so instead of me having free weekend and then spending 3days with her, I had a weekend with her and now I'm free for the next days... icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Seems they've failed to do any rotation on the Stormhawk rewards. It was Green for top 2% in TaT, and black for alliance. Sort of a bummer in that regard.

I think that happened with Sentry as well, they introduced him, then kept the same reward structure in the first pvp with him as prizes.

I'd also assume there will be a Storm pvp beginning Wednesday.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Dammit D3 I wanted a break! Any other rewards and I would have happily stepped away (maybe not lazy Daken) but now I'll actually have to do well and stick with an alliance to get the covers I don't have.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Called it, another lazy Season opening. I wonder why the date says '16 - 18' when the event clearly began on June 15th, with a whole hour to go to the next day.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Started on the 16th for me. icon_razz.gif Now I just wish I could actually get more Hood covers. Only have 1 Yellow.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Called it, another lazy Season opening. I wonder why the date says '16 - 18' when the event clearly began on June 15th, with a whole hour to go to the next day.

It started on the 16th.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Aren't the devs using EST date and time? At least I thought so. Must be daylight saving time... So bothersome, I'm glad we got rid of it years ago.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    MPQ is on US Eastern time so events start at midnight/noon. This one started at midnight which is the 16th.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    MPQ is on US Eastern time so events start at midnight/noon. This one started at midnight which is the 16th.
    Yeah, I just checked and realized there are EST/EDT times. For me, events end at 10 AM/PM...
  • HairyDave
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Yeah, I just checked and realized there are EST/EDT times. For me, events end at 10 AM/PM...
    Swap ya - you can take my 2AM/PM endings icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I will politely decline icon_e_biggrin.gif My time zone saves me a ton of HP which is nice for a F2P...
  • HairyDave
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Dammit D3 I wanted a break! Any other rewards and I would have happily stepped away (maybe not lazy Daken) but now I'll actually have to do well and stick with an alliance to get the covers I don't have.

On second thoughts, screw it. One cover lets me play required PVE nodes and I can survive the inevitable PVP round using a loaner. I'm taking a break icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i love hood and what he brings to the table.. im gonna entertain this tourney whichever place i will end.. add mohawk covers to the mix.. and it makes this event a valuable one for me.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    I planned to skip this PvP and join late the next one in order to get much easier Season3 bracket.

but...

1. 2 new covers are better than random chance for other heroes. I miss covers for only 8 heroes, so totally not worth it.
    2. Those 2 new covers will be helpful in at least 2 soon-to-come PvPs.
    3. I just finished top25, so will get Hood last Blue cover and will definitely max him soon, so that gives a me headstart in this PvP.
    4. Alliance needs points.
    5. What would I do for 3days? My GF doesn't want to fit her schedule to fit mine, so instead of me having free weekend and then spending 3days with her, I had a weekend with her and now I'm free for the next days... icon_lol.gif
    Yeah, I think you convinced me. I'll be camping during the next two PvPs after this one, and had considered waiting until I return to start the season. But each cover in a 10 pack token only gives me about a 7% chance of a useful cover at current probablities (slightly better when they finally start adding the latest characters to the pack). Shooting for 2 Storms now is probably better than shooting for 3 ten-packs in a very late bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So the Hood is in the hood (sorry wanted to say that)

Going to join later. I got an important decision to make since I slacked off at the end of season 2
  • HairyDave
    Options
    So Hood + OBW seem to be bestest pals so far...

(Literally every node so far has been those two plus a meat shield of some description - Fatthor seems to be the most common)
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    So Hood + OBW seem to be bestest pals so far...

(Literally every node so far has been those two plus a meat shield of some description - Fatthor seems to be the most common)

It's the same dilemma as happened with pre-nerf Spiderman. Oftentimes, the best counter to someone using Hood/OBW is to bring one (or both) of your own.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Daken will be my go-to for this tourney. He's the Hood/OBW killer. I'll add Falcon for the climb (those 2 just dominate AP stealers), then switch him out for LT for defense (Falcon draws too many attacks) once I get up there in points. Should be a fun one with everyone going for Mororo (kudos to whoever coined that one, btw!) covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't know how anyone else feels. But personally I would rather my Hood wasn't buffed for this event. A buffed Hood means he is out front tanking alot of the damage the exact opposite of what he should be doing. On top of that what do you get for the buff? More HP (which is nice) but almost no damage increase other than on intimidation. Buffing this sort of support character is counter productive.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Daken will be my go-to for this tourney. He's the Hood/OBW killer. I'll add Falcon for the climb (those 2 just dominate AP stealers), then switch him out for LT for defense (Falcon draws too many attacks) once I get up there in points. Should be a fun one with everyone going for Mororo (kudos to whoever coined that one, btw!) covers.
    Thank You icon_redface.gificon_e_biggrin.gif