Unholy Outlaw - Season III - June 16-18

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, UDaken/LT all the way for me.
    Feels like a continuation of shield training, was using the exact team all the way.
    Hood tanks way too many colours, though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Hood tanks way too many colours, though.

If both are relatively the same level, a BP will cover for Hood completely because their black, blue, and yellow values are identical when maxed out.

Pairing them with Lazythor or Patch would be fun because you'd get Panther and Patch/Thor tanking everything and Hood sucking up tiles in the background.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I would run my maxed LD... if I had one!
    As it stands, LT/Mags will work for me, because a 6k health Hood is suddenly not a very attractive target without your own lvl 212 Hood, Daken or not. Daken might kill the Hood indeed, but what about that looming hammerman behind him
    Daken will be my go-to for this tourney. He's the Hood/OBW killer. I'll add Falcon for the climb (those 2 just dominate AP stealers), then switch him out for LT for defense (Falcon draws too many attacks) once I get up there in points. Should be a fun one with everyone going for Mororo (kudos to whoever coined that one, btw!) covers.
    Falcon/Daken/Hood - aren't you bored to tears with having to sit through 5 various passives each game? 2 of which are likely to proc every turn...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I hope people run OBW out there. Nothing better than chewing up an OBW team.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 2/2/4 hood is sitting at lvl 15. Any point in leveling him or should I just run the loaner? (~22k iso saved atm, not sure how many levels that is) I think I'll be getting creamed either way so I'm not sure it matters
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I would run my maxed LD... if I had one!
    As it stands, LT/Mags will work for me, because a 6k health Hood is suddenly not a very attractive target without your own lvl 212 Hood, Daken or not. Daken might kill the Hood indeed, but what about that looming hammerman behind him
    Daken will be my go-to for this tourney. He's the Hood/OBW killer. I'll add Falcon for the climb (those 2 just dominate AP stealers), then switch him out for LT for defense (Falcon draws too many attacks) once I get up there in points. Should be a fun one with everyone going for Mororo (kudos to whoever coined that one, btw!) covers.
    Falcon/Daken/Hood - aren't you bored to tears with having to sit through 5 various passives each game? 2 of which are likely to proc every turn...

I'm weird, but I love it. I actually try to make sure I win on a yellow match every time so that I can make a "ca-caw!" noise as Falcon flies across the screen. My meta game is also to see how buffed I can get my strike tiles before the match is over. Not to mention that Magneto's animations are way longer and more annoying, IMO, and I run him all the time!

I also love not having to stock up AP - it's much more rare that I get starved out on a board with that combo. Regularly doing over 1K match damage on off colors is sweet too. It's a great zone out combo that doesn't require much focus to play correctly. Awesome for TV watching. I ran Patch/Daken/Falcon all the way from 0 to 1800 yesterday in Shield Sim while watching 30 Rock on Netflix before I had to switch my team up. Made that grind so much more bearable. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I ran Patch/Daken/Falcon all the way from 0 to 1800 yesterday in Shield Sim while watching 30 Rock on Netflix before I had to switch my team up. Made that grind so much more bearable. icon_e_smile.gif

NBC News ticker - Falcon spotted running down the middle of the 401, waving a lightsaber, screaming "I'm a Jedi! I'm a Jedi!"
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    My 2/2/4 hood is sitting at lvl 15. Any point in leveling him or should I just run the loaner? (~22k iso saved atm, not sure how many levels that is) I think I'll be getting creamed either way so I'm not sure it matters

Honestly, it depends on how well your can cover him.

The boost in levels only affects the damage he does with Intimidation, which only gets to about 1200 or so by level 141.

With the number of covers you have, you'd probably want to boost him to the point where a molotov or two won't take him out but not enough for him to be exposed to counter-attacks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    (kudos to whoever coined that one, btw!)

I believe I stole that from Emeryt.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I'm weird, but I love it. I actually try to make sure I win on a yellow match every time so that I can make a "ca-caw!" noise as Falcon flies across the screen. My meta game is also to see how buffed I can get my strike tiles before the match is over. Not to mention that Magneto's animations are way longer and more annoying, IMO, and I run him all the time!

I also love not having to stock up AP - it's much more rare that I get starved out on a board with that combo. Regularly doing over 1K match damage on off colors is sweet too. It's a great zone out combo that doesn't require much focus to play correctly. Awesome for TV watching. I ran Patch/Daken/Falcon all the way from 0 to 1800 yesterday in Shield Sim while watching 30 Rock on Netflix before I had to switch my team up. Made that grind so much more bearable. icon_e_smile.gif
    Okay wow, you're truly weird (in a good sense!). Had me at "ca-caw". Like Master Crane from Kung-Fu Panda, too?
    I guess non-focused combo like Daken/Patch/Falcon is great for mobile users! My meta-game revolves around AP, I would love to extend that comfort zone and include Dakenator into my A-teams. Would you recommend 5/5/3 over both 5/4/4 and 5/3/5?
  • Unknown
    Options
    lets see not having hood but having him as a loner and teaming him with OBW and Ares I could probably do way better

But im still looking for a new alliance D; I dont know if anyone will take me in. The highest I scored in PvP (and only twice ever due to always being attacked constantly) is like 652 thats it

I dont even think i can get that high this time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I would love to extend that comfort zone and include Dakenator into my A-teams. Would you recommend 5/5/3 over both 5/4/4 and 5/3/5?

When Daken was originally released, I had planned on a 5/4/4 build, but after playing him for a bit I became convinced that 5/5/3 and 5/3/5 are both slightly better builds.

As to which of those two are better, I'd be the harp-playing angel on your left shoulder telling you to go 5/5/3. You wouldn't think that a 7 tiles vs. 8 tiles requirement would make that much of a difference, but for multiple match pushes, I've found that 5 black has prevented many KOs and saved me tons of health packs. I only use blue as a finisher, and with all his strike tiles out I've found that 3 blue works just as well as 4 or 5 for that purpose.

On the right shoulder, the devil wearing an anarchy t-shirt would be Beee, telling you to "forget that nerd! speed kills are all that matters!" And he has a point too. For a single match, survivability doesn't really matter as much and the extra damage from blue can end matches a little quicker.

So if you just plan to bust him out for single matches or shield hops 5 blue is probably the superior build. For a brawler that will stand up over multiple matches, my darling 5 black is the only way to fly, IMO.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    For a brawler that will stand up over multiple matches, my darling 5 black is the only way to fly, IMO.
    That'd be a better option paired up with Sentry too, no?
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    For a brawler that will stand up over multiple matches, my darling 5 black is the only way to fly, IMO.
    That'd be a better option paired up with Sentry too, no?

I'm still missing plenty of covers for my Sentry so I can't speak to that from experience, but from the ones I've fought it seems like Daken strike tiles are the main ingredient there. On offense Sentry's gonna wreck your team no matter what because of self-damage, but 5 black would give him a better shot at recovering in the next match.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options

You're doing it wrong. You have to do a SHEEER-REEEK. Holding the "REEK" until you suffer mild asphyxiation while falcon ambles diagonally to the top of the screen is a great way to break up the monotony of the match 3 grind.

Mr falcon is awesome - I likey.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just pulled Sentry from the event token @ 300.

Looking at the official droprates, it seems they have managed to put sentry and lazy daken into the event tokens, but have managed to leave them out of standard and heroics still.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    volos wrote:

Looking at the official droprates, it seems they have managed to put sentry and lazy daken into the event tokens, but have managed to leave them out of standard and heroics still.
    They've been in the event tokens for a few weeks, I've pulled a Daken three weeks ago or something. Sentry has been in there since his PVE.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    volos wrote:

They've been in the event tokens for a few weeks, I've pulled a Daken three weeks ago or something. Sentry has been in there since his PVE.
    That's a good occasion to ask instead of creating a new thread:

For those who hoard tokens - do You hoard only Heroics or Standard tokens as well? I wonder if it makes sense to keep those Standard tokens, as the chance for 3* is so low in them...
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    volos wrote:

That's a good occasion to ask instead of creating a new thread:

For those who hoard tokens - do You hoard only Heroics or Standard tokens as well? I wonder if it makes sense to keep those Standard tokens, as the chance for 3* is so low in them...
    I was up to 172 Standard tokens, then got bored and cracked them. So if I hoard, I hoard everything.
    It's insanely easy to rack up normals though, those 172 were two weeks of playing, I think. 2 per LR, etc.

After I noticed that new chars are in the event tokens, I've always opened them ASAP though, since those chars are the reason I'm waiting with my other tokens.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the retals xmen.. It was needed to turn up my score.. Lol..im not the kind of guy talking trash on internet and have beef with ppl.. But i feel you want that i take it personnal.. So be it.. Im not gonna make ridiculous leapfrog and stay hidden behind infinite shields.. Im gonna do it the old fashion way.. With some little retal wars and show you who is your daddy.. Until you hide for good..