What's New MPQ - October 2024 11th Anniversary Edition (Updated 10/16/24)

124»

Comments

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 659 Critical Contributor

Updated most of the events up to mid month and shared some Doop clues with you all. Good luck!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,747 Chairperson of the Boards

The boost list for the coming/current week is the same as last week’s: all the cover-swapped characters.

I’m guessing this will continue until the challenge period ends. Which is good, because fighting them in PvP gets us points.

• ElectricVasting
    ElectricVasting Posts: 25 Just Dropped In

Did the devs consider that keeping the same boost list for a month might decrease engagement for those who don't have a good PVP team from the list?

I am fine tolerating a bad boost week, but am throwing in the towel on the bad boost month. I can't face 672 Mays all month without a good team of my own. First time I'm skipping PVP events in three years and considering maybe just taking a long break from PVP.

• Floater
    Floater Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

@ElectricVasting said:
    Did the devs consider that keeping the same boost list for a month might decrease engagement for those who don't have a good PVP team from the list?

I am fine tolerating a bad boost week, but am throwing in the towel on the bad boost month. I can't face 672 Mays all month without a good team of my own. First time I'm skipping PVP events in three years and considering maybe just taking a long break from PVP.

I think it's to help with the community challenge. The boost list is all toons with cover swaps.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker

I came here to this thread to see if the boost week being the same again was addressed or acknowledged and I share the same sentiment as the comment 2 above mine. I haven’t done much PvP recently due to burnout, lack of interest in the game, and having the same boost list gives me even less of a reason to open the app.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,689 Chairperson of the Boards

@ElectricVasting said:

I'm honestly confused about how people are winning fights with her. Every time I fight her -- and it's basically every fight now -- she just sits there, dodges, and makes protect tiles. She's incredibly annoying, but she doesn't seem to DO much of anything.

Are they just playing 2-on-3 every fight? Is it worth having all their fights take an extra 15 minutes to slow my snipes down by 2 minutes each?

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler

Her black does good damage but it does hurt her a bit.

• King_Koopa54326
    King_Koopa54326 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In

We're supposed to be getting anniversary tokens daily? I've gotten 4. Also, are we getting new daily/ weekly quests beyond the anniversary? I maxed that out this week, and there's 14 days left

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,600 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@ElectricVasting said:

I'm honestly confused about how people are winning fights with her. Every time I fight her -- and it's basically every fight now -- she just sits there, dodges, and makes protect tiles. She's incredibly annoying, but she doesn't seem to DO much of anything.

Are they just playing 2-on-3 every fight? Is it worth having all their fights take an extra 15 minutes to slow my snipes down by 2 minutes each?

I've been running her and Phoenix. Phoenix with Ominipotence city does hit hard enough to get around the protect tiles, you need to get a number of them out by targeting her with minor damage first. Likewise Spider-Girl's black. Also, bring a stun TU and Eros' Arrow also helps from time to time by stunning her.

She's annoying, but pretty beatable. It's definitely boring that it's the same boosted list for several weeks, I don't like that at all even though I can work with it.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    edited 17 October 2024, 16:39

@entrailbucket said:

@ElectricVasting said:

Agreed, she is riding the line of slight nuisance but no where near threat. All of the buffed revivers right now are worse than she is to fight (ReHulk, SheHulk, Phoenix). Even at the boosted levels her protects are barely slowing me down, she needs a third teammate who can do something with them, or maybe she should play off them more somehow. That black ain't it though.

Now, if she had a jump to front and dodge... Makes me wish SilverSam was better too.

• entrailbucket

@GrimSkald said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ElectricVasting said:

I've been running her and Phoenix. Phoenix with Ominipotence city does hit hard enough to get around the protect tiles, you need to get a number of them out by targeting her with minor damage first. Likewise Spider-Girl's black. Also, bring a stun TU and Eros' Arrow also helps from time to time by stunning her.

She's annoying, but pretty beatable. It's definitely boring that it's the same boosted list for several weeks, I don't like that at all even though I can work with it.

Oh no, she's totally beatable! I just kill everybody else first, then it takes like an additional half an hour to take her out, but I'm never in any danger or anything.

I was confused about how folks are winning fights with her, because she basically brings zero to the table on offense! Maybe they're switching offense/defense or something, or they don't mind taking forever to win.

I know I've said it before, but players' embrace of zero-offense/100% defense tech in PvP is just mystifying to me.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 17 October 2024, 17:16

@entrailbucket said:

@GrimSkald said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ElectricVasting said:

Oh no, she's totally beatable! I just kill everybody else first, then it takes like an additional half an hour to take her out, but I'm never in any danger or anything.

I was confused about how folks are winning fights with her, because she basically brings zero to the table on offense! Maybe they're switching offense/defense or something, or they don't mind taking forever to win.

I know I've said it before, but players' embrace of zero-offense/100% defense tech in PvP is just mystifying to me.

Oh! Ok, yeah, that's actually a not hard question to answer - her black is actually very good offense. My May is 527 with 4 covers in black and it does a bit over 86K for 7 ap and a hair under 29K self-damage. It's a massive hit that only gets better with Jean's strikes. I try to only fire it when I have at least four protect tiles out, too, so they convert - these strikes are pretty beefy (3.6K)

I'm post-Iso, so I boost Red/Yellow and Green/Black despite the fact that those two have no active yellow and green - the red and black are just that good.

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler

So no free token for the Costume Vault?

• Rejoinder
    Rejoinder Posts: 9 Just Dropped In

@entrailbucket said:

@GrimSkald said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ElectricVasting said:

As mentioned, her black has some serious firepower. But really, her main appeal is that she rarely takes damage, so she can tank for heaps of fights without needing health packs.

Your second character is usually all you need to win a PVP fight within a couple of minutes (unless you're in Shield Sim, where you instantly lose if you're not playing the 2 or 3 meta teams).

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler

Interesting that the Anniversary season lasts 24 days but the current Anniversary vault closes in 14 days.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,747 Chairperson of the Boards

@TheXMan said:
    Interesting that the Anniversary season lasts 24 days but the current Anniversary vault closes in 14 days.

Last year this happened, and they extended the vault timer to sync up with the season.

It's a bit odd that the season is set up with all rewards ending at 4000 points, and no stone nor Master token in rewards for the season. Also the Simulator rewards end at 38 wins or 800 points.

I think this also happened last year.

• entrailbucket

@bluewolf said:

@TheXMan said:

Last year this happened, and they extended the vault timer to sync up with the season.

It's a bit odd that the season is set up with all rewards ending at 4000 points, and no stone nor Master token in rewards for the season. Also the Simulator rewards end at 38 wins or 800 points.

I think this also happened last year.

I think that's all standard for Anniversary seasons, at least since they started doing them.

I think. Probably someone will have the exact details saved somewhere.