What's New MPQ - October 2024 11th Anniversary Edition (Updated 10/16/24)

1235»

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,947 Chairperson of the Boards

Is there going to be another FF store?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,765 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 18 October 2024, 13:59

@Daredevil217 said:

There should be. We have 12 focused/weighted 4s in the FF stores and we are on the 3rd set of 3 5s with this store, so if you assume the Fan Favorites include top 12 characters based on survey etc, we will get one more FF store next Thursday with the remainder of the top 12 5s.

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 177 Tile Toppler

@Hellblazer666 said:
    So no free token for the Costume Vault?

ok got one today. Got the Devil Dinosaur costume meh

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,223 Chairperson of the Boards

@Hellblazer666 said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

Meh as well, got a Peggy costume... Oh well hp

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,006 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 October 2024, 06:10

@entrailbucket said:

@GrimSkald said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ElectricVasting said:
    Did the devs consider that keeping the same boost list for a month might decrease engagement for those who don't have a good PVP team from the list?

I am fine tolerating a bad boost week, but am throwing in the towel on the bad boost month. I can't face 672 Mays all month without a good team of my own. First time I'm skipping PVP events in three years and considering maybe just taking a long break from PVP.

I'm honestly confused about how people are winning fights with her. Every time I fight her -- and it's basically every fight now -- she just sits there, dodges, and makes protect tiles. She's incredibly annoying, but she doesn't seem to DO much of anything.

Are they just playing 2-on-3 every fight? Is it worth having all their fights take an extra 15 minutes to slow my snipes down by 2 minutes each?

I've been running her and Phoenix. Phoenix with Ominipotence city does hit hard enough to get around the protect tiles, you need to get a number of them out by targeting her with minor damage first. Likewise Spider-Girl's black. Also, bring a stun TU and Eros' Arrow also helps from time to time by stunning her.

She's annoying, but pretty beatable. It's definitely boring that it's the same boosted list for several weeks, I don't like that at all even though I can work with it.

Oh no, she's totally beatable! I just kill everybody else first, then it takes like an additional half an hour to take her out, but I'm never in any danger or anything.

I was confused about how folks are winning fights with her, because she basically brings zero to the table on offense! Maybe they're switching offense/defense or something, or they don't mind taking forever to win.

I know I've said it before, but players' embrace of zero-offense/100% defense tech in PvP is just mystifying to me.

She's not there for offense but rather for sustainability. Mine is one of my few 550s so she's tanking almost everything. I can hide my glass cannon behind her and use them for the offense. Moon Knight has been my preference but Banner is fun too. Green is the only thing she won't tank over with mine but with the Time Stone on them when climbing or Leapfrog when floating and they're quick enough. And Moonie's black feeds the sustainability loop once you've whittled someone down under 80k. I don't think I've used more than 3 healthpacks in the last couple of weeks and that is unusual for my playstyle. She barely takes damage, Moon Knight heals himself back up to full with kill shots on black and the other guy hides behind the two of them.

People hate defensive metas. Like irrationally hate them. Which earns that teams skips. I don't mind a match that takes a couple of minutes if I know it is enough of a scarecrow to keep from getting slaughtered 3 times for every one fight I do.

• rg72
    rg72 Posts: 117 Tile Toppler

@Hellblazer666 said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

Ditto :/

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

I got the Puck one. At least it is one I didn't have.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards

@rg72 said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

And me. I have them all except the Retro America Chavez but I'm not going to turn down 500 free HP.🙂

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,947 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:

@Daredevil217 said:

There should be. We have 12 focused/weighted 4s in the FF stores and we are on the 3rd set of 3 5s with this store, so if you assume the Fan Favorites include top 12 characters based on survey etc, we will get one more FF store next Thursday with the remainder of the top 12 5s.

I have:

Shang 550
    Kang 539
    OML 474

Omega 550
    Okoye 550
    Deadpool 513

May 550
    Thor 550
    BRB 515

Curious if we get a store that I don’t have 550’s to (I have Chasm, Colossus, Riri, Jubilee, May Parker). I could See any of Chasm, Colossus, Strange, Kitty, Apoc being featured next.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,154 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:

@rg72 said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

And me. I have them all except the Retro America Chavez but I'm not going to turn down 500 free HP.🙂

That is the one I got! I would like Puck I think out of all of them coz his costume is hideous.

• Hellblazer666

I wanted the Worthy Surfer costume oh well. I figured it be a bad costume

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,250 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 October 2024, 22:26

The only one that I both don't already own and would like to get is the puck classic costume.
    Unfortunately luck wasn't on my side and I just got 500hp for a dupe prowler costume.

• Hellblazer666
    edited 20 October 2024, 16:43

Man is it just me or does it feel like we play Fight For Wakanda the most out of all the PVE events?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,413 Chairperson of the Boards

@Hellblazer666 said:
    Man is it just me or does it feel like we play Fight For Wakanda the most out of all the PVE events?

Is it the new DP vs MPQ? It does feel like most of the PVE events have fallen out of rotation.I kinda wish we could get the original run of FFW with all the environment hazards again one time.

• ElectricVasting
    ElectricVasting Posts: 26 Just Dropped In

@ElectricVasting said:
    Did the devs consider that keeping the same boost list for a month might decrease engagement for those who don't have a good PVP team from the list?

I am fine tolerating a bad boost week, but am throwing in the towel on the bad boost month. I can't face 672 Mays all month without a good team of my own. First time I'm skipping PVP events in three years and considering maybe just taking a long break from PVP.

Just wanted to pop back in and say the break has been AMAZING. I must have been addicted before -- but I felt like I had to climb to 1200+ in every single PVP event. After the bad boost list made me take a 10-day break from PVP, I have no desire to ever play PVP again! I don't even care about lost rewards.

I highly encourage everyone else to try it sometime, I suddenly feel like I have so much free time!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,718 Chairperson of the Boards

@ElectricVasting said:

@ElectricVasting said:

Just wanted to pop back in and say the break has been AMAZING. I must have been addicted before -- but I felt like I had to climb to 1200+ in every single PVP event. After the bad boost list made me take a 10-day break from PVP, I have no desire to ever play PVP again! I don't even care about lost rewards.

I highly encourage everyone else to try it sometime, I suddenly feel like I have so much free time!

Games are supposed to be fun. If MPQ, or some part of it, isn't fun anymore, you should stop playing it.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,611 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@ElectricVasting said:

@ElectricVasting said:

Games are supposed to be fun. If MPQ, or some part of it, isn't fun anymore, you should stop playing it.

I mean, I'm pretty sure they're being facetious, but I get it. I'm a little irritated by the boost list being so constant - I've optimized for it (I shard-favorited Jean Grey, who I enjoy playing, when I did my big burst of pulls at the beginning of the Season,) but still, I'd rather have a variable boost list. It's not a deal-breaker for me.

That being said, the diversity of teams has actually been pretty good for my climbs. I'm seeing a lot of one boost/Thor, a lot of Shang-Thor/ a lot of iHulk/Someone else, and 1*Spider-Man/someone else. It's been interesting. At the higher end I do see JG/Spider-Girl (which is what I'm running,) but actually very little - mostly just Spider-Girl actually.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,718 Chairperson of the Boards

@GrimSkald said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ElectricVasting said:

@ElectricVasting said:

I mean, I'm pretty sure they're being facetious, but I get it. I'm a little irritated by the boost list being so constant - I've optimized for it (I shard-favorited Jean Grey, who I enjoy playing, when I did my big burst of pulls at the beginning of the Season,) but still, I'd rather have a variable boost list. It's not a deal-breaker for me.

That being said, the diversity of teams has actually been pretty good for my climbs. I'm seeing a lot of one boost/Thor, a lot of Shang-Thor/ a lot of iHulk/Someone else, and 1*Spider-Man/someone else. It's been interesting. At the higher end I do see JG/Spider-Girl (which is what I'm running,) but actually very little - mostly just Spider-Girl actually.

I didn't read it that way at all! It sounded to me like someone who was only playing because they thought they had to, not because they wanted to...who took a break and realized they weren't missing anything.

More players should do that!

(I'm also irritated by the boost list, but only because there's been even less diversity in opponents than what I normally see. The list itself is big enough that I've been able to run a different fun team almost every event.)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,154 Chairperson of the Boards

The boost list has let me run a wide bunch of teams but I will be happy to see a new list as enough is getting to be enough.