What's New MPQ - October 2024 11th Anniversary Edition (Updated 10/16/24)

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,340 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:
    I think it's a really good thing they've done with that vault.

Nobody who is sat on less than 3m Iso would ever think it's a good idea to buy it. Hell, I'm on 9m and I don't think I can bring myself to buy it as I'm losing around 1m a month at the moment.

But for those who are in the position where 500k ISO is worth less than nothing, it's a nice token of appreciation and anyone ISO constrained isn't missing out on much at all.

Just as an update to this, I thought I'd give it a try using the 50k per time button. Got the Steel Token on the 10th pull (so effectively lost a Mighty token). Pulled: 10k ISO. 😐

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    edited 3 October 2024, 23:28

@WilliamK1983 said:
    So much going on, so many activities to do. It's absolute madness, and I love it. Great kickoff!!

ya i've never felt so overwhelmed with having to do both 11 year anniversary vault stuff and to me my x-men Vault stuff. But I managed to do most of today's so I think I got the hang of it.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker

How do you get tokens for the That’s a Steel vault?

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker

@Jinx said:

It's a daily play vault. I'm not sure if the full list of characters for it is available anywhere yet. Checking the 'daily' affiliation only gives the ones for the hispanic vault at the moment. I got a token after using Iron Fist. I've heard that Iron Man and Colossus can also be used. Maybe there are some other metal related characters that can be used?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,222 Chairperson of the Boards

@fractalvisions said:

@Jinx said:

It's a daily play vault. I'm not sure if the full list of characters for it is available anywhere yet. Checking the 'daily' affiliation only gives the ones for the hispanic vault at the moment. I got a token after using Iron Fist. I've heard that Iron Man and Colossus can also be used. Maybe there are some other metal related characters that can be used?

Mags too.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 590 Critical Contributor

@Waddles_Pines said:

@fractalvisions said:

@Jinx said:

Mags too.

My 2a4 Iron Patriot did not give a token. That is a massive oversight that has utterly and completely tarnished my future memory of the 11th anniversary.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,600 Chairperson of the Boards

@slidecage said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DyingLegend said:
    Me: Complains about having no ISO and the ISO economy is terrible

Devs: here's a terrible vault that costs 500k ISO that you don't have

Smh

Some of us are Post-Iso, it does happen when you've played the game long enough. I've been post-Iso for years. The weird part is I climbed to about 8 Million, stayed there for a while, then up to 13 Million, stayed there for a while, then again up to 19 million, and stayed there. I think I've been at 19 million for at least a year or two.

The vault is for Post-Iso players. Just ignore it. Or don't, since Iso is a resource that you can gain pretty easily, but the only reward truly worth it is the "That's a Steel" vault token.

Ummm just guessing here. If you got 19 million plus iso guessing you got tons of 550s. If you got tons of iso tons people . Hp. Why keep playing for

I have 12 550s (and another 26 above 500,) but I've been post-Iso for some time now and have only had 550s for the last year or so. I think the major contributing factor for it, to be honest, was how long I've been playing - I've been playing since April or so of the first year. I didn't hit Post-Iso for years of course, but I've never been super crunched for Iso either. Still, I'm sure others have had a different experience and have been able to hit it at some point.

HP was another story. I have a huge store of it now, but I think that's a large part because I pulled a lot of Legendary Tokens over the last year, in no small part due to those vaults that gave us a ton.

As far why I play the game, I enjoy it. I enjoy the leveling, I enjoy choosing what characters to concentrate on, I enjoy the playing new strategies. I have to say, though I was skeptical of the latter at the time, shards and Ascension were the best things to ever happen to this game.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 October 2024, 18:29

So, is anybody post cp and willing blow 1000 on today's vault?

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 933 Critical Contributor

@Hellblazer666 said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    So much going on, so many activities to do. It's absolute madness, and I love it. Great kickoff!!

ya i've never felt so overwhelmed with having to do both 11 year anniversary vault stuff and to me my x-men Vault stuff. But I managed to do most of today's so I think I got the hang of it.

Yea maybe Thursday seemed extra bonkers because everything dropped and went live. But the vault stuff was a bit tricky, almost cost myself placement in the hunt. Then this morning I finish my climb to 1200 in Kang Foo pvp shield up then roll over to Class of 2023 to knock out the last wins I need to hit 50 and for like 4 matches couldn't figure out why Kang was wiping after two turns. I kept running my 3* Kang and never swapped to the 5* so yea I'm hoping it gets a bit less hectic or I get a better groove.

• WilliamK1983

@BriMan2222 said:

That is exactly half my cp stash right now. Blew the majority of my cp in the Agatha release store, totally worth it.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,193 Chairperson of the Boards

@WilliamK1983 said:

@BriMan2222 said:

That is exactly half my cp stash right now. Blew the majority of my cp in the Agatha release store, totally worth it.

You think that vault is worth it?

It's 50 draws in Classics or 40 in latest you give up.

You 10 tokens (5 latest, 5 classic), 3 more 4 cover (so 3 tokens worth) plus 1 5 shard (1 more token) or 14 tokens. You also get a roster slot, 10 3 star covers and 2 ascended 3s and a real steal token. So that has to be worth 26 or 36 draws in latest/classics. Not clear it is.

KGB

• WilliamK1983
    edited 5 October 2024, 02:10

@KGB said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@BriMan2222 said:

You think that vault is worth it?

It's 50 draws in Classics or 40 in latest you give up.

You 10 tokens (5 latest, 5 classic), 3 more 4 cover (so 3 tokens worth) plus 1 5 shard (1 more token) or 14 tokens. You also get a roster slot, 10 3 star covers and 2 ascended 3s and a real steal token. So that has to be worth 26 or 36 draws in latest/classics. Not clear it is.

KGB

The Agatha release store was worth blowing my cp in. I've been playing too long to know that lightning vault isn't a good value.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,689 Chairperson of the Boards

@BriMan2222 said:

Me: Complains about having no CP and the CP economy is terrible

Devs: here's a terrible vault that costs 1000 CP that you don't have

Smh

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,206 Chairperson of the Boards

I think at this point, the devs need to double down on these wild lightening vaults. Its impressive.

Next should be 50k Hero coins for 3 four star 2 star characters, 1 roster slot and 1k ISO and an LT token or something lol

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,689 Chairperson of the Boards

Eh, I'd think pretty hard about buying today's vault. I'm not sure it's worth 50 classic pulls, but I'd love the 270s. I could 5* both those guys almost immediately.

But I've never had, and never will have, 1000CP. I guess some other players earn way more than me.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker

@fractalvisions said:

@Jinx said:

Thanks for the advise. Colossus works and that plays well for me since Agatha, Colossus, and Mthor is my latest favorite team.

• nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 88 Match Maker

I use Colossus, America, and Immortal Hulk in the MPQ vs Zombies daily node to get the three daily tokens and they're fairly quick.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,127 Chairperson of the Boards

@Godzillafan67 said:

@Waddles_Pines said:

@fractalvisions said:

@Jinx said:

Mags too.

My 2a4 Iron Patriot did not give a token. That is a massive oversight that has utterly and completely tarnished my future memory of the 11th anniversary.

Alanis Morrisette would consider this iron-ic, don't you think?