What's New MPQ - October 2024 11th Anniversary Edition (Updated 10/16/24)

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 933 Critical Contributor

Played and won a LR match not 2 minutes ago. Got a token from 3* Daredevil for zombie vault and 5* Colossus for That's A Steel Vault. Both vaults are still post event, but you can get an extra like me before the vaults go live.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 933 Critical Contributor

@KGB said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Borstock said:

@cooperbigdaddy said:
    On the Legendary Store with rotating fan favorites, will we know the schedule for that beforehand or hope we pick the right week to dive in vs two weeks later when it's better?

This guy remembers.

The reason I spent zero hp on vaults last anniversary.

Wow. I spent countless HP on vaults getting oodles of roster slots cheap along with lots of 5 star covers.

Are you going to do the same this year if they don't announce who is in when?

KGB

Checked my notes from last year and I believe you're thinking of the December Deals vault. That had 5*s and slots and I bought that as many times as I could. LL's like crazy too. Let me know if you guys want those vault inventories for reference. I can post it if anyone wants.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,420 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 3 October 2024, 14:50

@Zarqa said:
    It will be a surprise for each vault… 😢

Hey who's in the vault

Working team beats the hell out of them for asking 😭

About you spending tons for 5 star and ****. I mean slots

Was it the anniver vault. I though it was the Christmas 🎄 Dec. Vaults that had the good stuff

Ann. Vaults mostly sucked I though

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker

What’s up with the lightning vault charging excessive amounts of iso for minor tokens? Shouldn’t that cost HP and not ISO?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,689 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 3 October 2024, 16:18

@Zalasta said:
    What’s up with the lightning vault charging excessive amounts of iso for minor tokens? Shouldn’t that cost HP and not ISO?

OMG they finally gave me a way to cash out all this worthless ISO! Best anniversary ever!

Edit: oh no, it's just a one time deal. Make this permanent/resettable!!!

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,239 Chairperson of the Boards

I have a notification on the quest tab that new quests are available but every time I click on it nothing is there.

• shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 74 Match Maker

I second this! Please make this reset-able or frequently recurring so we have something to do with our ISO. Really appreciated this and it was an insta-buy! Thanks devs!

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,206 Chairperson of the Boards

Me: Complains about having no ISO and the ISO economy is terrible

Devs: here's a terrible vault that costs 500k ISO that you don't have

Smh

• igi21
    igi21 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

Hi devs/admins.
    Also 4* will be rotating from week to week or just 5* in fan favorites packs?
    I need polaris but combined with omega red 5*
    Thanks

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 590 Critical Contributor

I'm traveling around the iso desert on a horse with no name, but it's awesome that they've finally given the post-iso folks something to use the purple stuff on. Kudos!

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 3 October 2024, 16:39

@DyingLegend said:

Smh

Some of us are Post-Iso, it does happen when you've played the game long enough. I've been post-Iso for years. The weird part is I climbed to about 8 Million, stayed there for a while, then up to 13 Million, stayed there for a while, then again up to 19 million, and stayed there. I think I've been at 19 million for at least a year or two.

The vault is for Post-Iso players. Just ignore it. Or don't, since Iso is a resource that you can gain pretty easily, but the only reward truly worth it is the "That's a Steel" vault token.

• entrailbucket

@GrimSkald said:

@DyingLegend said:

Smh

Some of us are Post-Iso, it does happen when you've played the game long enough. I've been post-Iso for years. The weird part is I climbed to about 8 Million, stayed there for a while, then up to 13 Million, stayed there for a while, then again up to 19 million, and stayed there. I think I've been at 19 million for at least a year or two.

The vault is for Post-Iso players. Just ignore it. Or don't, since Iso is a resource that you can gain pretty easily, but the only reward truly worth it is the "That's a Steel" vault token.

Exactly. This is the first time they've ever done anything like this, and the rewards are minimal. Are they seriously not allowed to ever do anything at all for players like us?

Maybe I should come here and complain every time I get an iso reward!

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,239 Chairperson of the Boards

The funny thing is, aside from the steel vault token and support tokens, these tokens are likely to give covers that will be applied for champ rewards and there's a good chance that those champ rewards will be iso.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,127 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DyingLegend said:

Smh

Exactly. This is the first time they've ever done anything like this, and the rewards are minimal. Are they seriously not allowed to ever do anything at all for players like us?

Maybe I should come here and complain every time I get an iso reward!

His comment is pathetic as we are literally getting double iso which gives you guys twice as much of nothing useful! I am glad they have given the post iso crowd some thought.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,420 Chairperson of the Boards

@GrimSkald said:

@DyingLegend said:

Smh

Ummm just guessing here. If you got 19 million plus iso guessing you got tons of 550s. If you got tons of iso tons people . Hp. Why keep playing for

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,710 Chairperson of the Boards

@slidecage said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DyingLegend said:

Smh

Ummm just guessing here. If you got 19 million plus iso guessing you got tons of 550s. If you got tons of iso tons people . Hp. Why keep playing for

I have 43mil iso and (I think) only four 550s. Add on a couple that are so close they might as well be.

I like this pay with iso vault. I've been begging for something exactly like this. I knew they'd never give out awesome stuff in such a vault, but it's something. And it's much appreciated.

• entrailbucket

@slidecage said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DyingLegend said:

Smh

Because I like playing the game.

If they stopped giving out all rewards completely, I'd keep playing MPQ, because it's a fun game.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker

How are you guys post ISO with so much extra ISO? Big spenders? I'm at the point where I should be post ISO, having all 5's & 4's championed, but sadly I'm not with ascension and the increasing pace of new characters (3's & 5's, 4's, plus now 2's and 1's).

I don't begrudge you this vault, though it seems excessively expensive for what it is when you consider the monetary value of having to purchase that ISO. The only thing interesting in that vault is the steel seed token. Hoping there's another way to get those tokens.

Maybe that's just the theme this year. All of the vaults seem overpriced compared to what we had last year. I'm not really committed to spending on them yet.

• entrailbucket

@Zalasta said:
    How are you guys post ISO with so much extra ISO? Big spenders? I'm at the point where I should be post ISO, having all 5's & 4's championed, but sadly I'm not with ascension and the increasing pace of new characters (3's & 5's, 4's, plus now 2's and 1's).

I don't begrudge you this vault, though it seems excessively expensive for what it is when you consider the monetary value of having to purchase that ISO. The only thing interesting in that vault is the steel seed token. Hoping there's another way to get those tokens.

Maybe that's just the theme this year. All of the vaults seem overpriced compared to what we had last year. I'm not really committed to spending on them yet.

I've been playing daily at a relatively high competitive level since the first month the game came out. For several years I was top 5 in every single PvE and PvP event.

It adds up!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards

@Zalasta said:

It is an ISO dump. Something is better than nothing.
    I bought this right out the minute it was there.
    A long long time ago you could buy standard tokens for like 100 iso I think.
    Since they removed that there has been no dump.

So, is it overpriced? For those without ISO yes, for those with millions stacks getting fatter it doesn't matter.