MPQ 11th Anniversary Celebrations…with Zombies!?

1235»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,652 Chairperson of the Boards

@Helinutz said:
    Will admin do cover exchange for 5* in the anniversary vault?
    Have Shang and MThor at 550 but would like to chase BRB and Kitty if they do an exchange, but not sure if it’s only something they do on LL vaults

They won't answer questions about this. The only way to find out is to ask customer service.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,408 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 October 2024, 11:55

@Helinutz said:
    Will admin do cover exchange for 5* in the anniversary vault?
    Have Shang and MThor at 550 but would like to chase BRB and Kitty if they do an exchange, but not sure if it’s only something they do on LL vaults

Mod edit - removed sentence.

Really though I don't they do it anymore

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker

@KGB said:
    Anyone seen any Doop speak yet?

It starts today but I don't see anything yet looking around the various screens and on Doop himself.

KGB

QUANDARY. all caps

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards

@Codex said:

@KGB said:

It starts today but I don't see anything yet looking around the various screens and on Doop himself.

KGB

QUANDARY. all caps

Thank you very much.

KGB

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler

I was just hoping for some roster slot or iso help. Ascension has been a fun addition to the game, but it has sapped all of those two resources for me. I know the characters are amongst the strongest or the favorites, but I personally am trying to look at the big picture more than I am about building one (or 3) particular characters. I don't have any 550s, but I'm still in a more luxurious spot than others, so I'm not trying to first-world-problem this. Obviously everyone is different, and they can't make everyone happy. But for me, this is a bad vault, and it was a let down

• slidecage
    edited 4 October 2024, 18:43

@MgoBlue51 said:
    I was just hoping for some roster slot or iso help. Ascension has been a fun addition to the game, but it has sapped all of those two resources for me. I know the characters are amongst the strongest or the favorites, but I personally am trying to look at the big picture more than I am about building one (or 3) particular characters. I don't have any 550s, but I'm still in a more luxurious spot than others, so I'm not trying to first-world-problem this. Obviously everyone is different, and they can't make everyone happy. But for me, this is a bad vault, and it was a let down

Wait till Dec. Last year was when the slots were offered think they did them monthly till March. But who knows if they ever do that again cause people were able to get tons of slots for free from those vaults instead of paying 1000 per **** . think I got 512 people with 107 slots left

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor

@Codex said:

@KGB said:

KGB

QUANDARY. all caps

Thank you so much! 💖💖
    I got a token to the 11th anniversary vault, 1 beginners support token and some health packs.

Maybe start a new Doop codes thread, to gather it all in one place for everyone? I wish I could help, but don't even know what to look for...

• slidecage
    edited 5 October 2024, 10:27

We need lighting vaults like this every day

What pages do we enter the codes at

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards

@WhiteBomber said:

@LavaManLee said:

@GrimSkald said:

@MgoBlue51 said:
    Woof. That anniversary vault is god awful. Iso rewards are paltry. No roster slots. Very expensive to clear out. They put the window dressing on, to make it look appealing by including favorite 5 stars. What a shame, what a waste

15 5★ covers in a vault (they stuck Thanos in with the 3★ for some reason,) including the most popular, and you say it's awful? That's a hot take.

The 4★ covers are also the most popular (for good reason) 4★ characters.

Sure, it's bigger than the average vault, but only by 50%. I bought the daily deal immediately so I can't check but it was the normal 100Hp price, right?

I don't think that's a hot take at all. The challenge they have is that many of us have those 5* at 550 already. So that is not anything we are going to spend anything on. If you had replaced the 15 5* with shards towards your favorited 5*, that would be a different story.

I can see this being a great value for some and completely worthless for others.

I have to agree, I see the slightly increased value for those who don't have those characters championed yet, but they have ruined our expectations with those Latest Legends vaults. I don't spend HP on anything anymore just waiting for anything to be anywhere near as good as those and every vault I see now just makes me sad. I bought the 3 star Pool, but man am I hoping for better ways to spend HP for this anniversary.

Not to mention the people that still want to chase those covers are in dire need of extra roster slots, but they are basically MIA.

I heard a rumor that they're not going to do those any more. It makes sense - they were way too good and it just exacerbates the disparity between the top 10% and the rest. The top 10% can afford to empty the vaults every day (or more, even,) while others can't.

To compare this vault to a normal PVE vault it's still much, much better. Even at 150% of the size, it's got:

15 5★ covers vs 0 (Even if you have them at 550 they're still good rewards.)
    12 4★ covers vs 3 (4.5 if you multiply that by 1.5X)
    0 LTs vs 1.5 - Ok, that's bad but it's only 1.5 pulls.
    32 3★ vs 18 (27 if you multply that by 1.5x)

So proportionally speaking it's miles better than a normal PVE vault even not considering the 5★ covers as almost invaluable. The lack of LTs is weird, though I'll tell you what's even weirder - there's no Devil Dinosaur. I'm almost disappointed by that, actually.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards

@GrimSkald said:
    The lack of LTs is weird, though I'll tell you what's even weirder - there's no Devil Dinosaur. I'm almost disappointed by that, actually.

Me too. I always use anniversary to get a bunch of covers for him. Mine's currently in the 340-350 range and I was hoping to get him to the 360 range so that next year I could finish him.

KGB

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@GrimSkald said:
    The lack of LTs is weird, though I'll tell you what's even weirder - there's no Devil Dinosaur. I'm almost disappointed by that, actually.

Me too. I always use anniversary to get a bunch of covers for him. Mine's currently in the 340-350 range and I was hoping to get him to the 360 range so that next year I could finish him.

KGB

I've actually started my Devil Dinosaur dupe, but he's not champed yet. We'll see, the Anniversary has just begun, they'll probably put him in somewhere...

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards

@slidecage said:
    We need lighting vaults like this every day

What pages do we enter the codes at

@slidecage
    https://marvelpuzzlequest.com/code/

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 987 Critical Contributor

Safe to assume these codes will be released each Monday, rather than the typical MPQ week, which apparently starts on Thursdays?

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker

@IceIX said:

@LavaManLee said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Sweet! I thoroughly enjoyed Quandary the last time around. I still have my notes to complete the puzzles too. Should come in handy since it's probably gonna be a re-skin like the new dp vs mpq.

It's interesting they say it's "all new" PVE for Quandary. So sounds like they aren't running the same one (Boss/Heroic) as last year.

And to that I say thank heavens. I know you, and others, enjoyed it. I thought it was a soulless, mind sucking, unfun, slog.

The upcoming new PVE is a more standard one, featuring Quandary doing stuff and characters reacting to it, not the "figure out the rules of the puzzle" style. More bashy bashy, less thinky thinky. It is not a reskin. The boss event is currently slated to be unrelated to Quandary altogether.

@IceIX seems it’s the exact same event? What happened to the Bashy Bashy???