MPQ 11th Anniversary Celebrations…with Zombies!?

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,408 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 28 September 2024, 14:25

@bluewolf said:

@slidecage said:
    So has it ever been confirmed if the pass is free or pay

“Ever” in the 2 days since they posted the initial announcement?

I’m sure they have a specific post planned about it for next week when it goes live (presumably, with the anniversary start).

We don’t even know if it’s starting 10/3 or two weeks later on 10/17 when the PVP season starts to coincide with that, under a 4 week season.

No thought might overlooked it on one of there pages

Pretty sure if it a real pass it will start with the season .. then again it could be first Thur of each month sort of thing .

thanks though

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 115 Tile Toppler

@IceIX said:

@LavaManLee said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Sweet! I thoroughly enjoyed Quandary the last time around. I still have my notes to complete the puzzles too. Should come in handy since it's probably gonna be a re-skin like the new dp vs mpq.

It's interesting they say it's "all new" PVE for Quandary. So sounds like they aren't running the same one (Boss/Heroic) as last year.

And to that I say thank heavens. I know you, and others, enjoyed it. I thought it was a soulless, mind sucking, unfun, slog.

The upcoming new PVE is a more standard one, featuring Quandary doing stuff and characters reacting to it, not the "figure out the rules of the puzzle" style. More bashy bashy, less thinky thinky. It is not a reskin. The boss event is currently slated to be unrelated to Quandary altogether.

This is good stuff.
    I suggest you also promote MPQ anniversary in other social media. Make use of youtube,tiktok,facebook,etc and post one short video on any upcoming events so all will have a better previews of new things coming..

I am experiencing it on my other online games, and because they show great promotions and upcoming news with videos, more players are excited to join and of course buy most of the offers.. $$$

• cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker

I'm currently saving up ISO, HP, CP, tokens, and even my covers on the vine in case there is some sort of reward or quest for opening tokens or training powers during the anniversary. Do we (or the devs) know if there will be a reward or quest for anything like that OR if there will be one but only on the 2nd week of anniversary (or something silly like that)?

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 921 Critical Contributor

I'm saving hp and cp as well. Iso I'm ok for at the moment and anything anny related would be added levels for me. Tokens you most likely don't need to save for anything for the anny. And don't let those covers die on the vine. I can't see any way you would need those for the anny. That has always been a daily quest and daily only since I started playing.

I'm sure there will be some surprises we haven't heard about yet. I'm just excited for the chance to earn some nice goodies for my roster.

• TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 138 Tile Toppler

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Yall talking about Magneto there in the back next to Ghost Rider?

This looks like Mephisto and he seems likely to show up in Agatha All Alone. The whole idea that Agatha made a Faustian bargain giving up her child to receive powers is screaming Mephistopheles.

• DracmanF
    DracmanF Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

You sure it's not just ONSLAUGHT?

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards

@DracmanF said:
    You sure it's not just ONSLAUGHT?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82555/onslaught-psionic-entity/p1

Very sure.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    edited 1 October 2024, 08:29

They have been known to troll us before. Remember before Omega Red was dropped on us at the last minute they teased us with the silhoutte of his top knot to make us think it was a female character.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards

I can't think of anyone in Marvel that image matches other than Mephisto.

• Dayraven
    Dayraven Posts: 29 Just Dropped In

….Azazel in a misleading outfit?

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards

@MegaBee said:

It's not a very "Mephisto" pose, flying about to punch something. He is more of a "loomer" standing imperious over the watchers with his hand outstretched. Still, we know that they use models to build the images of the character, so that means almost nothing.
    The skin tone and hair definitely say "Mephisto" to me.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards

I can see it being somebody's idea of Mephisto now that you have it zoomed in, the costume cut looks right but the physique is pretty off model. They mentioned him by name in Agatha All Along in maybe episode 2, so if he doesn't actually show up I'm going to be pretty bummed lol.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards

The next character is a 3/5 (after Headpool), assuming they stick to the same schedule they've been following for years now.

If you were the devs and making a 3/5 Mephisto, you'd make the 3 the Classic, scheming version and you'd need something that stood apart for the 5. But! basically he is only ever depicted one way, in a reddish/pink tights/unitard thing and a cape.

So maybe you'd take some license with the character and have him doing things and look a bit different so he stood out from the 3.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Maybe the 3* will be his son Blackheart finally?

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards

That would be lovely. I’ve long wanted Blackheart in the game, to complete the Marvel vs Capcom trio of Omega Red, Shuma-Gorath, Blackheart

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    That would be lovely. I’ve long wanted Blackheart in the game, to complete the Marvel vs Capcom trio of Omega Red, Shuma-Gorath, Blackheart

We would still be missing Shuma Gorath though. Gargantos is a different character, just a very similar design.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Gargantos as we have him is Shuma Gorath, but I guess that name was owned by the Robert e. Howard estate so they had to change it

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 1 October 2024, 18:29

New clue from update:

“Read the contract”

I think that settles it….Mephisto.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,112 Chairperson of the Boards

@BlackBoltRocks said:

What about Marrow?!?!?!

Bones!!!! Spike bones!!!!!

No? OK probably fair enough.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,112 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:
    New clue from update:

“Read the contract”

I think that settles it….Mephisto.

Or Foggy Nelson?