MPQ 11th Anniversary Celebrations…with Zombies!?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,112 Chairperson of the Boards

Sounds cool, can't wait!

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 588 Critical Contributor

@Hammer3001 said:
    Is that Exodus or Hyperion in the picture?

Hyperion is to Godzillafan67 as a squirrel is to a dog

I think the gent clad in red is Mephisto. Or Kingdom Come Flash.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled is convincing the world he didn’t exist.

So I’ve heard, anyway.

So you can decide whether you should think that’s Mephisto, who would be extremely thematic for an October release….

Or Exodus???

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker

He looks like Exodus to me, but I’m not sure how he fits into the Halloween or Anniversary theme.

• bluewolf
    edited 27 September 2024, 14:15

The image does look like Exodus’ old costume a bit.

But he’s moved away from the all-red/purple look in newer comics.

• ProfShoehorn
    ProfShoehorn Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

I liked MOST of the Quandry puzzles (and would appreciate some well designed puzzle challenges like most of the older boss events). There was a couple of them that devolved into no-thinky-smashy-smashy because they were too close to the 90’s era point and click adventure design.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards

Weren't they always the same board? That was the odd one for me. Having to clear the same board the same way each time was weird.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker

That was one of the puzzles, where the order of matching mattered. Someone said it had something to do with the dialogue before the match started. But I was not smart enough to figure it out. But I got lucky and then just had to remember the pattern the next time it came up.

I can see why they did it this way. They did not want to create multiple dialogues. It was boring after I realized it was the same, but i liked the concept and they could develop it future instances of the event.

• PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor

Great news! I hated the first Quandary event so I’m extremely glad it’s not a repeat.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 921 Critical Contributor

@LavaManLee Mostly had to do with the fact that it was something completely new. Not a re-skin, or seven new words of dialogue, completely new. With that being said and have now read the info from the link, I'm happy to see the change from thinky thinky to bashy bashy. I say that because there's a community challenge and the Space Stone is up for grabs and I would very much like to get it this time around.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards

I did enjoy the original run of Quandary, but that's just because I don't play for speed, just full progression.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 595 Critical Contributor

Wouldn't it just be vision? Flying. Red. Cape. Are we going too deep?

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor

@liminal_lad said:
    He looks like Exodus to me, but I’m not sure how he fits into the Halloween or Anniversary theme.

Longtime players always complain that the anniversary sucks so they will be making an Exodus. then they keep playing

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler

That is all nice but we all want to know about the vaults!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards

Yall talking about Magneto there in the back next to Ghost Rider?

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,408 Chairperson of the Boards

So has it ever been confirmed if the pass is free or pay

• bluewolf
    edited 28 September 2024, 14:22

@slidecage said:
    So has it ever been confirmed if the pass is free or pay

“Ever” in the 2 days since they posted the initial announcement?

I’m sure they have a specific post planned about it for next week when it goes live (presumably, with the anniversary start).

We don’t even know if it’s starting 10/3 or two weeks later on 10/17 when the PVP season starts to coincide with that, under a 4 week season.