MPQ 11th Anniversary Celebrations…with Zombies!?

S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 648 Critical Contributor

Mark your calendars! MARVEL Puzzle Quest's 11th Anniversary is right around the corner on Oct 3rd. Quandary is back and... wait...Are those Marvel Zombies with her!? Get ready to fend off the undead in limited time events for epic rewards all month long!

http://mpq.social/11th

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards

Love that Quandary is back and looking forward to some more of her puzzles.

Interesting that anniversary is starting on the 3rd because the PvP season won't be ended by then.

KGB

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

@KGB said:
    Interesting that anniversary is starting on the 3rd because the PvP season won't be ended by then.

If it's a repeat of last year, the month-long anniversary celebrations started at the beginning of October, halfway into the current season, and continued through the 1st half of the next season. The next season, after the Power Stone Season of September 2023, was named Anniversary Season.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 921 Critical Contributor

Sweet! I thoroughly enjoyed Quandary the last time around. I still have my notes to complete the puzzles too. Should come in handy since it's probably gonna be a re-skin like the new dp vs mpq.

• cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Sweet! I thoroughly enjoyed Quandary the last time around. I still have my notes to complete the puzzles too. Should come in handy since it's probably gonna be a re-skin like the new dp vs mpq.

I missed this Quandary last time, do you have your notes posted in the forum or will you post them if not? I'm a cool dude who loves rewards. B)

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 26 September 2024, 18:09

Some interesting things in the link there.

"A new LIMITED-TIME ANNIVERSARY PASS makes its introduction to reward players for joining in on the celebrations. By defeating event quests and the zombie menace invading MPQ, players earn Season XP (SXP) to climb the ranks of this new feature and earn covers, costumes, and much more!" - curious what exactly this is going to be.

"LOGIN REWARDS
    By firing up MPQ during the anniversary, all players will receive a cover for 2-Star Headpool (UndHead) & 3-Star Jubilee (Vampire)."

I wonder if we'll get some sweet Halloween characters like Lilith (mother of demons) or Frankencastle? Or finally Werewolf by Night?

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 921 Critical Contributor

@cooperbigdaddy said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

I missed this Quandary last time, do you have your notes posted in the forum or will you post them if not? I'm a cool dude who loves rewards. B)

Don't believe that I posted them, but I know for sure they're posted on here somewhere. Either way, when the time comes I'll definitely repost what I have, and I'm sure I won't be the only one. Now I gotta go actually read whats in the link because @ThaRoadWarrior post really got my attention.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,408 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 26 September 2024, 18:50

This limted time pass

Will this be free or will it be a seasonal pass where like a ton of games are charging for

Hope it's all free but funny feeling this could be pay to play

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker

@slidecage said:
    This limted time pass

Will this be free or will it be a seasonal pass where a ton of games are charging for

C'mon Slide, c'mon...

• slidecage

@WhiteBomber said:

@slidecage said:
    This limted time pass

Will this be free or will it be a seasonal pass where a ton of games are charging for

C'mon Slide, c'mon...

What your seeing more and more games do this (or I'm just finding them lol)

Free
    Level 1. 100 iso
    Level 2. 10 hp
    Level 3. 1cp

Buy pass

Level 1. 2000 iso
    Level 2. 25 hp
    Level 3. 3 cp

And so on

Would not shock me to see a buy seasonal pass. Now or in the future

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited 26 September 2024, 19:01

I think their VIP is their "season pass" at least for now and even though it's always the same thing plus a different costume.

If they had a good season pass and the value was right, I'd probably get it. Sounds like I'll probably getting the Anniversary Pass also since Anniversary is usually one of the years best value. I'm sure not gonna bet that it's free though! Marketing 101, if it's free, you'll know it's free, usually accompanied by giant text that says "FREE!!!" and "pass" usually means you gotta buy it.

I love the positive mindset though!

• slidecage

Love to see a real season pass come to this game. It's been awhile since put cash into this game . I don't think vip is worth 10 per month (though need to relook at what you get) there is snap that I keep tossing them 10 each month that I would love to give this game if they had something I wanted and though was worth it

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker

I want a marvel zombies Spider-Man no-skin skin

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards

Double ISO??????

Did they mention Double ISO? Cause I'm not seeing it

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 26 September 2024, 22:07

@WilliamK1983 said:

It's interesting they say it's "all new" PVE for Quandary. So sounds like they aren't running the same one (Boss/Heroic) as last year.

And to that I say thank heavens. I know you, and others, enjoyed it. I thought it was a soulless, mind sucking, unfun, slog.

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler

SOkun: since you spoiled the 2-star Headpool; can you post his stats early?

Please answer this question:
    Are any of the other new characters actual zombie characters?

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler

Is that Exodus or Hyperion in the picture?

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards

@IceIX said:

@LavaManLee said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

It's interesting they say it's "all new" PVE for Quandary. So sounds like they aren't running the same one (Boss/Heroic) as last year.

And to that I say thank heavens. I know you, and others, enjoyed it. I thought it was a soulless, mind sucking, unfun, slog.

The upcoming new PVE is a more standard one, featuring Quandary doing stuff and characters reacting to it, not the "figure out the rules of the puzzle" style. More bashy bashy, less thinky thinky. It is not a reskin. The boss event is currently slated to be unrelated to Quandary altogether.

This makes me very, very, very happy. Thank you!