New Iso-8 Multiplier & Iso-8-Canister items

123457»

Comments

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker

Part of the issue is that there was a time, not so long ago, that advanced players could go post-ISO. A few players may still be post-ISO, but I’m willing to bet their numbers have fallen, and no new players have gone post-ISO since ascended characters were introduced.

With all 5’s and 4’s champed, but latest, I should be post-ISO. Instead, I find myself in need of mountains of ISO, even after purchasing a few ISO offerings. It’s really kind of frustrating.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,690 Chairperson of the Boards

Is there supposed to be a gap between cans appearing? Are they paused as things are assessed?

I’m not necessarily going to buy one - certainly not at the current amount per dollar - but it’s weird that there isn’t a new one filling up.

Did anyone buy one and have it go smoothly?

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 581 Critical Contributor

@bluewolf said:
    Is there supposed to be a gap between cans appearing? Are they paused as things are assessed?

The canisters rely on FOMO to increase their selling potential.

The Iso-8 Canister is a new item that appears intermittently and unpredictably.

• bluewolf

@Godzillafan67 said:

@bluewolf said:

The canisters rely on FOMO to increase their selling potential.

The Iso-8 Canister is a new item that appears intermittently and unpredictably.

😆 I guess I should have read the original post again. It’s kind of annoying that they didn’t post the text here.

Anyway yeah it makes sense that they’d do with this like with many offers in game, be unpredictable so you feel pressure to spend when it appears.

Back to the iso grind…..

• Godzillafan67

As anticipated, the Canisters play into a number of psychologies: FOMO, limited time, snagging the best deal, etc.

Having purchased a Multiplier (x2.25: 14 days or 312,500 ISO max), I can say that it doesn't utilize those same triggers. Instead, it functions more like a drug. Although the max amount I could earn was less than champing a 4* from level 70, being able to level up a character while the ISO is generously flowing is euphoric work. Once I hit the ceiling (just a little over two days of playing), I was ready to buy another one. If BCS wants to increase the sales on these, I suggest following the adage "the first hit is free" and give everyone who logs in over a short period of time a free, generous Multiplier so that those who are ISO-poor can experience a life where the amount of MPQ work feels correspondingly compensated.

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards

@Zalasta said:
    Part of the issue is that there was a time, not so long ago, that advanced players could go post-ISO. A few players may still be post-ISO, but I’m willing to bet their numbers have fallen, and no new players have gone post-ISO since ascended characters were introduced.

With all 5’s and 4’s champed, but latest, I should be post-ISO. Instead, I find myself in need of mountains of ISO, even after purchasing a few ISO offerings. It’s really kind of frustrating.

Had about 12 million ISO banked up before accession was introduced. Down to 3 million already. It’s both the rate of new characters and not farming max champs to ascend.

• bluewolf

Since we bumped this thread…

Are the canisters already no more? I haven’t been looking hard for them but every time I think to see if one’s active….it isn’t.

It seems like they were maybe quietly mothballed as a feature that wasn’t getting engagement.

• Godzillafan67

Ditto @bluewolf . I also occasionally check the multiplier to see if there is a good one available, but they have been static for a while as well.