New Iso-8 Multiplier & Iso-8-Canister items

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,383 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Carnifex said:
    Counter offer!

Keep your cannisters and just add a flat rate of x1.5 to VIP, maybe a tad lower if that is too generous. This way VIP will become a lot more appealing to the players still humming and harring about it. Sales would definitely increase, especially before double ISO events too.

How many likes can I give this?

Just one….well, I wanted to give it at least 100.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This doesn’t appear to really fix anything ISO related for most players. I know that I’m short millions of ISO, mostly due to ascension updates with no change to the ISO economy.

And the high value vaults have been a much greater incentive to buy and spend HP than roster slots alone ever were.

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options

Put some of these cannisters in vaults.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zalasta said:
    This doesn’t appear to really fix anything ISO related for most players. I know that I’m short millions of ISO, mostly due to ascension updates with no change to the ISO economy.

And the high value vaults have been a much greater incentive to buy and spend HP than roster slots alone ever were.

At the risk of oversimplification, if you get double the ISO, you make up for the shortage in half the time.

If I were to complicate it, and you prioritise your ISO, it speeds up your rewards too which also help with the ISO drought.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Zalasta said:

At the risk of oversimplification, if you get double the ISO, you make up for the shortage in half the time.

If I were to complicate it, and you prioritise your ISO, it speeds up your rewards too which also help with the ISO drought.

The only ways mentioned for obtaining the multipliers was through purchase, or giveaways. I didn't see a mention of vaults or progression/placement/resupply rewards. These don't appear to be any better value than the numerous lightning ISO offerings (I purchased a few of those before they got more expensive). Arguably worse in fact, because the lightning offers are guaranteed ISO, where you have to grind for the multiplier. This isn't going to benefit most players.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,120 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    The capped amounts of Iso-8 in the example screenshots seem far too low to make this attractive for me:
    Multiplier: 50,000 Iso / $2 = 25,000 Iso per dollar
    Multiplier: 100,000 Iso / $5 = 20,000 Iso per dollar
    Multiplier: 150,000 Iso / $10 = 15,000 Iso per dollar
    Canister: 25,000 Iso / $5 = 5,000 Iso per dollar

So the Multipliers actually give you worse value the more money you spend?

Bad thing about this is you can spend 2 bucks on anything. And end up with more iso with the 30 days of free rewards

I think last month I ended with
    700 hp
    40 tokens
    And close to 65000 iso

So not that great of a deal

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,045 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't get why people want to police how others spend their money in this game. If I buy a "bad" deal, how does that affect you at all? Who cares what I waste my money on?

• slidecage
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't get why people want to police how others spend their money in this game. If I buy a "bad" deal, how does that affect you at all? Who cares what I waste my money on?

Funny thing is 20 years ago people would laugh and say

Who would give real money for fake digital items ( that is why most companies went bankrupt selling this sort of things )

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm glad the forum has all agreed with me.
    We are living in a digital age my friends,
    I get all my stuff digitally now, cause its easy and I don't want to get up as I'm old and broken.
    If you don't want to purchase this don't it isn't mandatory to enjoy the game.
    Cough Bethesda rocksteady ea

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options

Everyone complains that iso is expensive and a waste of money, so the Devs address how you can buy iso, and everyone complains.

The other portion (iso multiplier) on paper sounds positive, as long as you can occasionally earn them. They gave an example of them lasting 2 weeks, so maybe in boss battle vaults?

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Omegased said:
    Everyone complains that iso is expensive and a waste of money, so the Devs address how you can buy iso, and everyone complains.

What a disingenuous comment. No, that's not what people complain about. People for years complain about the broken in game Iso8 economy, people complain about the huge jump in Iso8 requirement going from 3* to 4* to 5*, which creates artificial bottlenecks, people complain about the lack of adjustments since ascension was introduced, which created an even higher bottleneck duo to not selling max champs.

This feature does not have a precedent in the MPQ and I'm honestly shocked how ignorant you all are to the issue. "Oh just don't buy it", what if I do buy it and midway through the canister I brick my phone, now I don't get to earn it. This is the same FOMO battle pass like features that are plagueing the gaming industry as a whole. If you insist on having this feature just remove these stupid and, I'll use the word again, ARTIFICIAL timers and it would be much better. Just let me buy it and then have a 2x or whatever iso8 boost until I earn X amount extra.

Please devs let's not go even further into the route of these manipulative FOMO tactics.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@Domitronas said:

@Omegased said:

What a disingenuous comment. No, that's not what people complain about. People for years complain about the broken in game Iso8 economy, people complain about the huge jump in Iso8 requirement going from 3* to 4* to 5*, which creates artificial bottlenecks, people complain about the lack of adjustments since ascension was introduced, which created an even higher bottleneck duo to not selling max champs.

This feature does not have a precedent in the MPQ and I'm honestly shocked how ignorant you all are to the issue. "Oh just don't buy it", what if I do buy it and midway through the canister I brick my phone, now I don't get to earn it. This is the same FOMO battle pass like features that are plagueing the gaming industry as a whole. If you insist on having this feature just remove these stupid and, I'll use the word again, ARTIFICIAL timers and it would be much better. Just let me buy it and then have a 2x or whatever iso8 boost until I earn X amount extra.

Please devs let's not go even further into the route of these manipulative FOMO tactics.

Everything in this game is on timers. Come on now. If you brick your phone you screw up pve placement, season placement, miss out on DDQ, vaults expire, you miss lightning deals, and on and on. You can’t actually play the game. Making it a two week timer or whatever incentivizes the casuals to play more to maximize their haul.

As an aside, if I brick my phone, I’m not going two weeks without one. I can tell you that. But I admit I’m full on addicted to my phone which I purchased in full and have Apple care on. So if this bricks, I’m at the Apple Store that day having them swap it out so I can get right back to my second job playing MPQ lol.

Another disingenous take. You can't tell a difference between a FREE TO PLAY game mechanics and a PAID service? It doesn't cost you to join a bracket in PvE or PvP. Do you lose tokens if the vault expires? Do you lose HP you've purchased if you don't log into the game? Do you lose boosters that are "expired"?

No, you don't, I will spell it out for you once again, THERE IS NOT A PRECEDENT IN THIS GAME WHERE YOU LOSE SOMETHING THAT YOU'VE PAID FOR IF YOU DON'T USE IT IN X AMOUNT OF TIME.

I swear to god mobile gamers are something else.

• slidecage
    Options

@Domitronas said:

@Daredevil217 said:

@Domitronas said:

@Omegased said:

Everything in this game is on timers. Come on now. If you brick your phone you screw up pve placement, season placement, miss out on DDQ, vaults expire, you miss lightning deals, and on and on. You can’t actually play the game. Making it a two week timer or whatever incentivizes the casuals to play more to maximize their haul.

As an aside, if I brick my phone, I’m not going two weeks without one. I can tell you that. But I admit I’m full on addicted to my phone which I purchased in full and have Apple care on. So if this bricks, I’m at the Apple Store that day having them swap it out so I can get right back to my second job playing MPQ lol.

Another disingenous take. You can't tell a difference between a FREE TO PLAY game mechanics and a PAID service? It doesn't cost you to join a bracket in PvE or PvP. Do you lose tokens if the vault expires? Do you lose HP you've purchased if you don't log into the game? Do you lose boosters that are "expired"?

No, you don't, I will spell it out for you once again, THERE IS NOT A PRECEDENT IN THIS GAME WHERE YOU LOSE SOMETHING THAT YOU'VE PAID FOR IF YOU DON'T USE IT IN X AMOUNT OF TIME.

I'm shocked they never did make a pay to play pve or pvp. Or even make vip only events

Just think of the blowback

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,739 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like Dalmatians. They are the spottiest of dogs. 😉

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,045 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:

@Domitronas said:

@Daredevil217 said:

@Domitronas said:

@Omegased said:

I'm shocked they never did make a pay to play pve or pvp. Or even make vip only events

Just think of the blowback

Back in 2014 there was a "pro" PvP that you had to spend HP to enter. The 1st place reward was one of every cover.

They only ran it once. The players who finished near the top in that event were the ones who developed the shield hopping/battlechat coordination techniques and terminology that everyone still uses today. We had no idea how they were doing it!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,999 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Domitronas said:

@Daredevil217 said:

@Domitronas said:

@Omegased said:

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that if you purchased one of these and bricked your phone for a week and you wrote and told them of the sad tale that they'd give you another week if in fact you are a daily player and suddenly didn't log on for a week.

What do you do in real life if you bought a concert or sporting event ticket and your car broke down (or you got in an accident) on the way there and you couldn't get to the event? Do you just not go to concerts or sporting events because you are worried you can't attend?

KGB