New Iso-8 Multiplier & Iso-8-Canister items

Comments

• grewhorio
    grewhorio Posts: 92 Match Maker

As a long time player I have much more ISO than I need.
    How about a way to share/redistribute/spend that ISO again?
    Bring back 500iso standards :smiley:

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 581 Critical Contributor

@meadowsweet said:

@Dogface said:
    Those canisters make the price for ISO in the shop (even more) ridiculous. Right now there's a canister with 115k ISO for €3.99 while 75k ISO in the shop is €41.99.

I know this sounds like crazy talk, but what if instead of spending all that time writing code and creating artwork for Multipliers & Canisters, the devs just... lowered the prices in the existing store until players found them attractive and began buying them?

Except that buying the Multipliers and Canisters isn't buying iso, it's purchasing the opportunity to earn extra iso. If you buy either and don't do the work, then you get tiny kitty.

@Domitronas said:
    Careful guys don't be too critical or the "don't like it - don't buy it" mob will get you

Just got to keep it constructively critical, especially if one is in the "won't buy" crowd, but they could make changes to where one would become a buyer.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 795 Critical Contributor

Constructive in this place?, that train left long ago my friend
    Although I do still enjoy the "you're playing the game wrong" posts.
    I would happily keep that going for as long as I find it amusing, which if anyone knows the lunacy i write is far longer than the average man's tolerance.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Let's get that Friday feeling!

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

@Dogface said:
    Those canisters make the price for ISO in the shop (even more) ridiculous. Right now there's a canister with 115k ISO for €3.99 while 75k ISO in the shop is €41.99.

I have a hazy memory on an old dev comment that there are app store based restrictions on the main transaction offerings within an app. They are basically locked at the launch of an app, so the prices on the main ISO reflect a much different time in the game economics. That's why the main HP & ISO prices are basically static and have been forever.

The dev needs to look at these alternate options as ways to offer the same resources at more comparable prices to the current game economics.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,563 Chairperson of the Boards

If nobody buys these, they'll lower the price.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,342 Chairperson of the Boards

@Godzillafan67 said:
    Anybody who's ever spent any amount of money at Taco Bell is just lighting it on fire and flushing it down the toilet.

Pizza hut for me. In one end out the other. Cheap way to clean yourself out lol.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker

@Godzillafan67 said:

@meadowsweet said:

@Dogface said:

I know this sounds like crazy talk, but what if instead of spending all that time writing code and creating artwork for Multipliers & Canisters, the devs just... lowered the prices in the existing store until players found them attractive and began buying them?

Except that buying the Multipliers and Canisters isn't buying iso, it's purchasing the opportunity to earn extra iso. If you buy either and don't do the work, then you get tiny kitty.

Multipliers: buy first, earn later
    Canister: earn first, buy later

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 136 Tile Toppler

I’ve had 3 canisters filled in the last 2 days.

When do I get the ISOs?

• Kiko131713
    Kiko131713 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

I had my canisters filled. I did not get the iso yet.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 170 Tile Toppler

@Hammer3001 said:

When do I get the ISOs?

You'll get it if and only if you pay for it.

@Kiko131713 said:
    I had my canisters filled. I did not get the iso yet.

When do I get the ISOs?

Same goes for you. Enjoy the feature.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@Hammer3001 said:

When do I get the ISOs?

There's a timer on the canister, when that expires, if you've purchased it, you get the ISO.

• meadowsweet
    edited 12 May 2024, 18:46

So we're five pages deep into Multiplier & Canister comments and folks still haven't read the page describing how they work?

At any time while the Canister is active, a player may purchase the Canister to unlock it and receive all of the bonus Iso-8 inside when the Canister’s countdown reaches zero. If a Canister isn’t unlocked when the countdown reaches zero, it will disappear and take all the bonus Iso-8 along with it. The next time the Canister appears, it will be empty and start a new countdown.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,690 Chairperson of the Boards

@Hammer3001 said:

When do I get the ISOs?

Are you saying you’ve purchased 3 of them? Or at least two? And after purchasing one a new one appears with a new timer? And so on?

I’m not buying one but I kind of assumed it would sit there until the timer ran out one way or the other. Can you see all the canisters you’ve filled somewhere?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 593 Critical Contributor

So the canister is a great, better way to buy ISO than what was there originally. I find it wild how negative people are being here (but I guess everyone just wants free stuff).

Multiplier is great too - hoping you can earn those in-game as well as a purchase.

For me, there is no way on earth I would be buying these - but I think it's a better option than any other purchase.

• meadowsweet

@Omegased said:
    So the canister is a great, better way to buy ISO than what was there originally. I find it wild how negative people are being here (but I guess everyone just wants free stuff).

Multiplier is great too - hoping you can earn those in-game as well as a purchase.

For me, there is no way on earth I would be buying these - but I think it's a better option than any other purchase.

You realize that "[compared to] what was there originally" and "there is no way on earth I would be buying these" also read as negative comments, right?

I think people are largely just venting pent-up frustration that the Iso prices in the store have always been terrible and changes like this are so long overdue that whatever they do is going to be a bit underwhelming and disappointing. Old players will say this should've happened years ago and they've been suffering and missing out. Newer players will say they're looking at the mountain of Iso debt of now having to champ hundreds characters (including two of every 4★, four of every 3★, etc.) still makes this look like a drop in the bucket - and one that will typically cost them to spend money on a weekly if not daily basis.

People wanted the overall Iso economy fixed; I'm not sure this fixes it - and if it does, that's only for players willing to constantly pay to play.

• entrailbucket

An "iso shortage" is just their way of making sure you don't level up every single character the first month, or the first week, or the first year. It's an artificial way to extend gameplay for a game that has very little depth for newer players.

When I was starting (in 2013), we were cover-constrained -- it was "impossible" (ie it took awhile) to get covers for roster building. We all had plenty of iso. Now it's the opposite.

Which way would you rather have it? You can't pick "none."

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 170 Tile Toppler

@entrailbucket said:

I really have no idea how you people come up with these comparisons. I'm pretty sure "back in the day" there were no vaults with 5* covers or roster slots, but hey times change.
    No one has ever said you should be able to champ everyone in the first month, but talking about YEARS of gameplay for a mobile game? I myself am playing for over 4 years, I've spent more $ on the game that I would ever like to admit, and I am STILL down millions of iso, I have tens of 5* characters just sitting there waiting to be leveled and champed while I'm on a constant threadmill of championing latests additions to the game.

People don't want "free" stuff, we want real solutions to a real problem, not just another way to nickle and dime the players.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 593 Critical Contributor

@meadowsweet said:

@Omegased said:

You realize that "[compared to] what was there originally" and "there is no way on earth I would be buying these" also read as negative comments, right?

It's not negative. i am completely Neutral.

these things are not there for me to use. I know I'm not the only person who plays this game. I'm sure people will find this useful.

This is an improvement on what was there before. if you see that as negative, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

• entrailbucket

@Domitronas said:

@entrailbucket said:

I really have no idea how you people come up with these comparisons. I'm pretty sure "back in the day" there were no vaults with 5* covers or roster slots, but hey times change.
    No one has ever said you should be able to champ everyone in the first month, but talking about YEARS of gameplay for a mobile game? I myself am playing for over 4 years, I've spent more $ on the game that I would ever like to admit, and I am STILL down millions of iso, I have tens of 5* characters just sitting there waiting to be leveled and champed while I'm on a constant threadmill of championing latests additions to the game.

People don't want "free" stuff, we want real solutions to a real problem, not just another way to nickle and dime the players.

The iso "shortage" exists to get you to keep playing the game, and to keep spending. Apparently, it works.