New Character - Aunt May (Golden Oldie) 5*

Options

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,552 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

People are buying the all AP boosts just to win PvE a little faster? The rewards difference can't be worth it.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:
    People are buying the all AP boosts just to win PvE a little faster? The rewards difference can't be worth it.

Sometimes they are. Sometimes they aren't. But the only boost that actually "costs" anything is the +2 All, which costs HP. The others are ISO.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Winning stuff in MPQ often costs way more than you win in rewards. I don't know if it's still this way, but placing highly in PvP seasons used to require massive HP expenditure -- and you win, like, some heroic tokens or something.

• Borstock
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@Borstock said:

Sometimes they are. Sometimes they aren't. But the only boost that actually "costs" anything is the +2 All, which costs HP. The others are ISO.

That's why I specified the all AP boosts.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

The all AP boosts are in spicy tokens.

• LavaManLee
    Options

@Borstock said:

@LavaManLee said:

@Borstock said:

That's why I specified the all AP boosts.

Sorry. Read sentence to read buying "all AP boosts" not "the all AP boosts". Either way, the all AP boosts aren't super costly and, as mentioned above, can be found in some of the vaults. It's not too difficult to stay on top of them and make sure you have some ready to use.

• peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options

Giving 5* Emma the Krakoa support and then using the 2 AP ISO boosts for each color gets you enough red to fire turn 0 and will take out 100k opponents with boosted champed May (I'm just a few covers over 450). No all color boosts needed.

• LavaManLee
    Options

@peanut_gallery said:
    Giving 5* Emma the Krakoa support and then using the 2 AP ISO boosts for each color gets you enough red to fire turn 0 and will take out 100k opponents with boosted champed May (I'm just a few covers over 450). No all color boosts needed.

Must be missing something. How does Krakoa on Emma do that? I'm reading the description and not seeing it.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@peanut_gallery said:

Must be missing something. How does Krakoa on Emma do that? I'm reading the description and not seeing it.

Rank 3.

• peanut_gallery
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@peanut_gallery said:

Apologies. Rank 3 description is "For each unique affiliation among allied Mutants on the team, start the battle with +1 AP in that character's strongest color (Max 4 Total)."

So just having Emma as the only mutant gets you +4 red AP.

• LavaManLee
    Options

@peanut_gallery said:

@LavaManLee said:

@peanut_gallery said:

Apologies. Rank 3 description is "For each unique affiliation among allied Mutants on the team, start the battle with +1 AP in that character's strongest color (Max 4 Total)."

Thank you very much. The wording on that was giving me a bit of a headache. Really appreciate the info.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options

Why would yours be "Max 4 total" when mine is "Max 2"? I have that support at level 3 and it doesn't change depending on who has it equipped.

• peanut_gallery
    Options

@WhiteBomber said:
    Why would yours be "Max 4 total" when mine is "Max 2"? I have that support at level 3 and it doesn't change depending on who has it equipped.

My guess is that it is the star ranking of the support. Mine is 4*.

• LavaManLee
    Options

@peanut_gallery said:

@LavaManLee said:

@peanut_gallery said:

Dang. Thanks so much again for the tip. 9 Minute clear in SCL10 PVE this AM. Insanely quick and without having to use a +2 All AP. Aunt May will not be good in the hands of the AI in PVP but she is a PVE beast.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 18 April 2024, 19:20
    Options

@peanut_gallery said:

How much damage does a 450 do
    Now to see if have that support and then maybe chase may when she goes into ll have 1200 ll. So should be able to get her to 450

Then maybe I can go back to level 10. Instead of playing level 5. Lol 😂

Then again if you can clear level 10 I. Less then 10 mins sure a neft be coming

• Borstock
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:
    The all AP boosts are in spicy tokens.

I'm aware of that. But at the numbers I'm talking about, you'd be using more than you can buy without HP.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

» show previous quotes

cant get this to work

• LavaManLee
    Options

It definitely does work. Krakoa support on 5Emma. +2 Red/Yellow Boost. Aunt May + one other. Make sure the other is NOT a mutant. So for example, if you try it with X-23, it WILL not give you four red but it will give you three red (giving you five red at start of the match).

Let me know if that helped. Just make sure you don't have any other mutant on your team and that your Krakoa is at least rank 3.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    edited 20 April 2024, 20:25
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    It definitely does work. Krakoa support on 5Emma. +2 Red/Yellow Boost. Aunt May + one other. Make sure the other is NOT a mutant. So for example, if you try it with X-23, it WILL not give you four red but it will give you three red (giving you five red at start of the match).

Let me know if that helped. Just make sure you don't have any other mutant on your team and that your Krakoa is at least rank 3.

It actually gives a random mix of the 4 AP of the strongest colors of all mutants on the team, so if red is strongest for all mutants on the team, you’ll still get 4 red. If not, then 3 is the most you can get, but you might also get 1 or 2.

• LavaManLee
    Options

@ArchusMonk said:

@LavaManLee said:

It actually gives a random mix of the 4 AP of the strongest colors of all mutants on the team, so if red is strongest for all mutants on the team, you’ll still get 4 red. If not, then 3 is the most you can get, but you might also get 1 or 2.

Gotcha. Yeah, either way, if you are forced to use another mutant, than make sure you boost +2 All also for best chance to get 6 Red AP on Turn zero.