Aunt May (Golden Oldie) 5*

Options
135

Comments

  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    I don't get why people test with boosts and WHILE boosted lol. The real test should be vanilla may. Not, "Wow this character is great with +100% match damage and 6 cascades on turn 1!"

    Phyla and May both could've been very good but not OP if they had ditched the permanent damage and insta-kill respectively. Same with Magik/Goose (same issues!). It honestly feels like they're purposefully diluting these kits just to make the character worse. And THEN it feels like they're making the 5s all C grade (and below) so people will want/need to ascend more.

  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options

    @LavaManLee Now I wanna see your roster. Just curiosity.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,029 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Seph1roth5 said:
    I don't get why people test with boosts and WHILE boosted lol. The real test should be vanilla may. Not, "Wow this character is great with +100% match damage and 6 cascades on turn 1!"

    Phyla and May both could've been very good but not OP if they had ditched the permanent damage and insta-kill respectively. Same with Magik/Goose (same issues!). It honestly feels like they're purposefully diluting these kits just to make the character worse. And THEN it feels like they're making the 5s all C grade (and below) so people will want/need to ascend more.

    I don't disagree here -- all these characters probably look pretty terrible if you only compare them to the 3 or 4 guys that are overpowered.

    I wonder what we'd think of them if those broken guys didn't exist, though...

  • WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited 8 April 2024, 19:49
    Options

    Does anyone know what 3 ascended to 5 May looks like though? I have to imagine they nerf her yellow with each ascension (at least when hitting 5). Without her yellow, she could be pointless and it would make more sense to keep the 3 star on hand.

    I thought they were going to add the stats for their ascended versions on release also? But I haven't been seeing any for the ones I was curious about.

  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Seph1roth5 said:
    I don't get why people test with boosts and WHILE boosted lol. The real test should be vanilla may. Not, "Wow this character is great with +100% match damage and 6 cascades on turn 1!"

    So, just to confirm, tested 5AM in Simulator (brought along a 480 Emma and a 512 Colossus). No boosts. Two red matches in four turns and took down a 550 Chasm / 550 Omega Red / 550 Colossus. The matches didn't do any damage when I made them, but that red took all three of them down without any fuss.

    She is legit.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,029 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @WhiteBomber said:
    Does anyone know what 3 ascended to 5 May looks like though? I have to imagine they nerf her yellow with each ascension (at least when hitting 5). Without her yellow, she could be pointless and it would make more sense to keep the 3 star on hand.

    I thought they were going to add the stats for their ascended versions on release also? But I haven't been seeing any for the ones I was curious about.

    Do we know of anybody who just straight up gets worse as you ascend them? There are some characters where it's debatable, but I can't remember anyone being strictly nerfed.

  • WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited 9 April 2024, 00:14
    Options

    @entrailbucket said:

    @WhiteBomber said:
    Does anyone know what 3 ascended to 5 May looks like though? I have to imagine they nerf her yellow with each ascension (at least when hitting 5). Without her yellow, she could be pointless and it would make more sense to keep the 3 star on hand.

    I thought they were going to add the stats for their ascended versions on release also? But I haven't been seeing any for the ones I was curious about.

    Do we know of anybody who just straight up gets worse as you ascend them? There are some characters where it's debatable, but I can't remember anyone being strictly nerfed.

    Dr. Bongs heal goes from 30% to 15 on ascension, there has got to be more. Judging by how silly good 3Mays yellow is, it feels very likely it will get weaker on ascension. She immediately invalidates multiple 5stars if not (like 5Emma). Just thinkin out loud here though.

    Not that it would make May herself weaker, but if she is truly only used for her percentage boosts, I personally would likely run the 3 star over the ascended 5 if they drop her boosts X percentage. She's only there to make Omega Red stronger after all.

  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    edited 9 April 2024, 15:04
    Options

    @WhiteBomber said:

    @entrailbucket said:

    @WhiteBomber said:
    Does anyone know what 3 ascended to 5 May looks like though? I have to imagine they nerf her yellow with each ascension (at least when hitting 5). Without her yellow, she could be pointless and it would make more sense to keep the 3 star on hand.

    I thought they were going to add the stats for their ascended versions on release also? But I haven't been seeing any for the ones I was curious about.

    Do we know of anybody who just straight up gets worse as you ascend them? There are some characters where it's debatable, but I can't remember anyone being strictly nerfed.

    Dr. Bongs heal goes from 30% to 15 on ascension, there has got to be more. Judging by how silly good 3Mays yellow is, it feels very likely it will get weaker on ascension. She immediately invalidates multiple 5stars if not (like 5Emma). Just thinkin out loud here though.

    Not that it would make May herself weaker, but if she is truly only used for her percentage boosts, I personally would likely run the 3 star over the ascended 5 if they drop her boosts X percentage. She's only there to make Omega Red stronger after all.

    Iirc Talos match damage boost is lower on ascension.

  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 12 April 2024, 17:15
    Options

    The caveat is that I have 5AuntMay at 550 and she is boosted this month. But, as of now, she is a Turn0 machine in PVE. Not sure if that will work when she is not boosted, or lower levels, but I have never been this fast in SCL 10 PVE. 12-13 minutes to finish the first clears and about 9-10 for final grind.

    Boost with as much Red/Yellow as you can and then add supports to generate red and yellow. Emma and OR are great partners (I'm sure there are others) but I can fire 5Aunt red before making a move about 75% of the time and it is downing an entire team most of the time (including the FU nodes).

    She will not be great on defense and the AI may not optimize her offense either, but for PVE she looks like a real winner.

  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    What is cover swap

  • WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited 13 April 2024, 00:02
    Options
  • Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options

    @LavaManLee said:
    The caveat is that I have 5AuntMay at 550 and she is boosted this month. But, as of now, she is a Turn0 machine in PVE. Not sure if that will work when she is not boosted, or lower levels, but I have never been this fast in SCL 10 PVE. 12-13 minutes to finish the first clears and about 9-10 for final grind.

    Boost with as much Red/Yellow as you can and then add supports to generate red and yellow. Emma and OR are great partners (I'm sure there are others) but I can fire 5Aunt red before making a move about 75% of the time and it is downing an entire team most of the time (including the FU nodes).

    She will not be great on defense and the AI may not optimize her offense either, but for PVE she looks like a real winner.

    So how do you do this? Seems like you need to build 30 AP to maximize her red. Where does the AP come from that fast?

  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    To maximize the red, you definitely need 30. If I bring in a +2 all boost and then also have a +2 R/Y and +2 B/P and then use Supports, it is not impossible to have close to 30 (roughly 27 most of the time) or so AP before even beginning your turn. You need 6 to fire red so it is basically counting 21 of them. Then you add in 5Emmas boost and it is huge AOE for 6 Red AP.

    Hope that made sense.

  • Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options

    Cool thanks. I was just looking through supports and came up with Iron Man with the Arc Reactor for 5 red. Emma with the Chimi support that gets 2 extra red and pink AP when she matches those colors and May with a plus 5 green support just for some extra AP. Finally a use for Iron Man. I don’t have her covered yet, but I definitely see how this will work. If the support trigger, that’s 10 AP right there. If you use the multicolored boost, that’s 12 more. Use two other boosts and that’s an additional 8. That’s 30 right there. Thanks for the tips. Wouldn’t use the boosts for lower level clears, but this team could definitely be great for fast clears.

  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Yeah, she's fine for PVP but really shines right now in PVE. Super fast clears. Will be curious how she will be when she isn't boosted but I imagine she won't be awful.

  • Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options

    At level 450, if you fire red and drain 30 AP with Emma boosting the damage by 70%, you’ll hit the enemy team for 60k each.

  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    Another horrible test lol, needing 30 ap. How is she on the defense vs. an opponent with a shoddy internet?

  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    As mentioned above, it is neither impossible nor even very hard to have close to 30 AP before you even start your first turn. Yes, you need supports and boosts, but how is that a "horrible test"? Unless I am not understanding what you mean by "horrible test". And, as mentioned above, she isn't going to be great at PVP. I see her strictly as a high tier PVE character.

  • Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options

    Need more covers before I can get a fair test. Not really the right thread for this, but I did just play Dr Strange for the first time in a while and it seems they fixed the glitch after his rebalance. He hits the character you have targeted now no matter who fires a power. Paired him with Wong and Moon Knight and clears went really fast. (My OCD makes me look for rainbow teams)

  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,052 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Seph1roth5 said:
    Another horrible test lol, needing 30 ap. How is she on the defense vs. an opponent with a shoddy internet?

    You do realize that all of the fastest pve teams require specific supports and boosts to start off with enough ap to win immediately right?