New Character - Aunt May (Golden Oldie) 5*

Options

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,552 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ascended Coulson could make for a great teammate.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Jinx said:
    Bring Carol4* and use her yellow to instantly resolve the blue CD. I would never use red.

You'd need to get a ton of yellow in one turn to do this. Aunt May will passively eat 4 every single turn to reduce her tile by 1. I think most of our CD reducing shenanigans are yellow powers.

(PASSIVE) At the start of Aunt May’s turn, if possible, drain 4 Yellow AP and reduce the timer on a random allied Countdown tile by 1.

Ascended Flaptain (well, any flaptain) passively decrements a single CD on a blue match.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ooooo Aunt May is in the game! I might just come out of retirement for the 8th time!

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

......... Congrats to those who want Aunt May looking for sponge cake...

... I've been on an extended break and this just confirms the current direction of the game is not targeting me as it's priority demographic.

Joke character, yes, I get it but...eh... Still waiting on something to make me want to play again.

In the mean time...I might go fishing this weekend.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Too bad her store sucks. Wait till ll

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,316 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    Too bad her store sucks. Wait till ll

I think you’ll want to wait until the next person after her enters Latests.

Vic is terrible.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

These fives are lackluster. I broke my hoard just to help move a 4* along and get the HP but I now have X-23/Hunter/Vic at 550 and will definitely get 5*Aunt to 550 also. At least when boosted they are good.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I kind of dislike the "deal damage when the enemy makes a match in X color" mechanic. It punishes a core gameplay mechanic. Yes, I know there's triggers that punishes match-4/5s as well, but i'm not really fond of them either, and they are at least somewhat harder to trigger usually or randomly.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Just a minor update that the feeder flow chart has been revised.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What covers should you go after

Got 1 yellow and enough shards for 1 cover

What color should I pick

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options

@slidecage said:
    What covers should you go after

Got 1 yellow and enough shards for 1 cover

What color should I pick

I went with red for the potential countdown synergy.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 211 Tile Toppler
    Options

I went blue. Red seemed pretty useless to me, but teaming May with C4rol can make for a good instakill team, especially since May will feed Carol’s yellow.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

She's actually really good. The blue is worthless though.

Someone sent video of her at 672 and the number on her yellow passive is like 50k damage/heal. Her red AoE is completely insane -- I saw it go off for like 400k.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

I did not like the red ability but after seeing it in action, I changed my mind.

Thank goodness for the chasm nerf otherwise these characters with self ap drain abilities would be terrible.

• LavaManLee
    edited 8 April 2024, 17:25
    Options

Just came here to comment similar to entrailbucket and Codex that her red is beyond, beyond crazy. In PVP, I am running her (I have her at 550 so boosted to 672) with 5Emma (level 480) and 5Phyla (550 boosted to something).

If I start with 4 red via boosts, I need just one red match and can cast 5AM red. It will take down teams with 300k HP EACH in one turn. That's three hits of over 300K for each hit.

She is really, really insane. Now, I am curious to see how she works when not boosted, but I imagine that won't be worthless either. But, in just a little over ten minutes of play, it's clear how powerful she is.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,645 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Just came here to comment similar to entrailbucket and Codex that her red is beyond, beyond crazy. In PVP, I am running her (I have her at 550 so boosted to 672) with 5Emma (level 480) and 5Phyla (550 boosted to something).

If I start with 4 red via boosts, I need just one red match and can cast 5AM red. It will take down teams with 300k HP EACH in one turn. That's three hits of over 300K for each hit.

She is really, really insane. Now, I am curious to see how she works when not boosted, but I imagine that won't be worthless either. But, in just a little over ten minutes of play, it's clear how powerful she is.

You have Aunt May at 550 already?!?!?!

Uhm...wow I guess... :o

• entrailbucket
    Options

This sort of thing isn't uncommon. Pre-release, we all (yes, me too!) tend to focus on the most unique and interesting abilities for new characters, and spend relatively little time on stuff that looks common.

I don't remember the last time it happened specifically, but it's a thing.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,645 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah...sorry don't mean to sound like anything dodgy is going on, just genuinely wow.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah...sorry don't mean to sound like anything dodgy is going on, just genuinely wow.

Oh, no, I have no idea how that guy got her maxed. Probably cover swaps from CS?

I was talking about how we all managed to decide Aunt May was bad, before getting her in game!

• LavaManLee
    edited 8 April 2024, 18:34
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Oh, no, I have no idea how that guy got her maxed. Probably cover swaps from CS?

I was talking about how we all managed to decide Aunt May was bad, before getting her in game!

First, yep. Correct. Cover swaps. Been hoarding for a bit over two years and really got tired of just sitting on the LL/CP so pulled a few weeks ago and then last week and swapped covers. I now have Hunter/X-23/Victor/Phylla/AuntMay all at 550.

Second, agree that it is easy to decide someone is bad before in game. She meta or even not A list, but she is above average which nowadays can be a good thing.