• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@Bowgentle said:

@KGB said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Drain 17 AP for 3 purple is insane.

It's your AP it's draining. It would have the word 'enemy' if it was draining enemy AP and of course would be OP. Draining your AP means it will be a niche power meant as a finishing blow.

KGB

Vulture doesn't say that he's draining enemy AP, and yet he does.

Which vulture? The 4 star version definitely drains your AP with his Blue.

The wording on the Purple says 'for each AP spent' rather than 'for each AP drained' which says to me it's your AP being spent by the purple.

KGB

5* Vulture. That power drains enemy AP -- nobody thought it'd do that when we read it.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:
    This guy is INSANE as a 5*. He's also a pretty decent m'Thor counter.

Get ready to chase the first ever "meta" ascended 4->5.

He flat stops her cold given he is going to remove 5 charged tiles a turn. Only a few active charged tile creation powers put down more than 5 at once and he would remove them instantly.

>
    >

KGB

Sorta. When you're on offense, he's going to shut her down pretty well, because the AI isn't smart enough to chain her powers.

I think when she's on offense, attacking him, he will be somewhat effective as a counter, but he won't totally shut her down. She's still going to be able to combo off after saving up or hitting a lucky cascade. He will slow her down though, AND he's not complete trash against everybody else, so I do think he'll see some use.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@Bowgentle said:

@KGB said:

@Bowgentle said:

It's your AP it's draining. It would have the word 'enemy' if it was draining enemy AP and of course would be OP. Draining your AP means it will be a niche power meant as a finishing blow.

KGB

The wording on the Purple says 'for each AP spent' rather than 'for each AP drained' which says to me it's your AP being spent by the purple.

KGB

5* Vulture. That power drains enemy AP -- nobody thought it'd do that when we read it.

Ah, yes, I forgot about 5 * Vulture Green.

7 AP for 7 drain though. Not 3 for 17. It would be all but impossible to accumulate AP if this let you drain enemy AP given one match 3 is all you need to drain almost 6 turns of enemy AP accumulation (assuming no cascades or passive AP). It would be off the charts broken more than Gambit + Chasm combined.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@Bowgentle said:

@KGB said:

@Bowgentle said:

KGB

KGB

Ah, yes, I forgot about 5 * Vulture Green.

7 AP for 7 drain though. Not 3 for 17. It would be all but impossible to accumulate AP if this let you drain enemy AP given one match 3 is all you need to drain almost 6 turns of enemy AP accumulation (assuming no cascades or passive AP). It would be off the charts broken more than Gambit + Chasm combined.

KGB

That's what I said! Given that they actually made Chasm though, I don't think we can put it past them. I would hope they've learned their lesson after that, but who knows?

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

Would kang's blue regain all the drained ap?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Dear mpq,

Seeing as I am sole creative vision of this character I would like to be able to run him as 5/5/5.

Least you could do really.

The power you actually want is similar to him, but not the same. This guy is like maybe 75% there.

What you want is a character with a passive that says "any time a charged tile is created, convert it to a basic tile."

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hey, did anyone know that 5Vulture purple reads:

Vulture uses his speed and cunning to steal 3 AP from the enemy team, prioritizing Blue and Green AP. Then, Vulture goes Airborne for 2 turns. (Passive......etc)

So, maybe they tweaked the verbiage? I realize almost no one uses him..... Anyway as you can see, tis very clear whose AP he is consuming. Also, you spend 6 purple to get 3 random AP.

A far cry from Shaw's power if it stole enemy AP.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@bluewolf said:

Vulture uses his speed and cunning to steal 3 AP from the enemy team, prioritizing Blue and Green AP. Then, Vulture goes Airborne for 2 turns. (Passive......etc)

So, maybe they tweaked the verbiage? I realize almost no one uses him..... Anyway as you can see, tis very clear whose AP he is consuming. Also, you spend 6 purple to get 3 random AP.

Vulture's green power, not purple.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options

Dear mpq,

Seeing as I am sole creative vision of this character I would like to be able to run him as 5/5/5.

He can hang out with his bestie, white queen

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Dear mpq,

The power you actually want is similar to him, but not the same. This guy is like maybe 75% there.

What you want is a character with a passive that says "any time a charged tile is created, convert it to a basic tile."

Busting chops today EB?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Dear mpq,

Busting chops today EB?

What? No, that's the power I want too!

• bluewolf
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@bluewolf said:

Vulture's green power, not purple.

D'oh. OK....well the fact that the power is dealing damage to the enemy team in the description and then the drains AP (which is almost always something you do to the other team.....any power that uses AP of yours usually says destroys). also Vulture green costs 7, and gives you 4-7 back. Again it wouldn't make sense if you could steal it for 3.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@S0kun said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

If he's draining enemy AP, he's Chasm/Gambit all over again, and I think he ends up nerfed somewhere down the line.

If he's draining friendly AP that makes a bit more sense, and he's still very, very good.

Double checked and it's specifically friendly AP and NOT enemy AP.

Thanks!

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options

Geniuses, Mutants, and Villains are his only affiliations?? Seems like that might be missing one or two…

• bluewolf
    edited 19 March 2024, 01:02
    Options

@Jash735 said:
    Geniuses, Mutants, and Villains are his only affiliations?? Seems like that might be missing one or two…

Yeah, on the subreddir they (er, DevpoolMPQ) said that it was an oversight not to put Hellfire Club on the post.

The synergy perk on the support (turn invisible instead of being stunned the first time) could be interesting in PvP.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Jash735 said:

Wouldn't be surprised it was left out of the notes. I mean we didn't even get health and match damage stats this time...

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bzhai said:

@Jash735 said:

Wouldn't be surprised it was left out of the notes. I mean we didn't even get health and match damage stats this time...

I was going to mention that -- in his case, those numbers are very, very important. Especially his health, since he has that passive damage reduction. 5* PX has something similar, but has relatively low health to balance it a bit. Hopefully Shaw also has lower-than-usual health to offset his damage reduction.

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 March 2024, 01:23
    Options

This guy looks like a great candidate for ascension. I envisioned the charge tile sucker being a 5* Bishop, but this will work. My idea for a character was somewhat similar for a 53 bishop. I posted it in the victor mancha thread.