Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 7 February 2024, 15:06
    Options

@KGB said:

@Daredevil217 said:
    I think people are focusing on the alternate black because it’s the most unique power in the kit. But I think his best utility will be the 4 turn stun for 8 AP. I don’t know that there is a better stun in the tier. And stun is one of the best base powers in the game. So I think he’ll be better than people think.

I agree with this line of thinking. That 4 turn stun will be his best power by far. Not sure if it's best in tier though unless you mean pure 5 star character since an ascended Polaris gets the same 4 turn stun for 1 less AP and generates strikes (vs his extra damage). Plus there is ascended 4 star Iceman with 4 turns for 6 AP and so on.

KGB

P.S. I just saw your report that locking up pestilence spores doesn't prevent a new one from being made. That's a disappointment for sure as it would have helped against not just Omega but also 5 star Switch etc.

I definitely meant natural 5*. The 4* tier is full of great stunners. But they’ve hesitated to do so with 5s. Maybe the fact that we can ascend 4s means we’ll start to see better stunners released as 5s.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@concillado said:
    Regarding the primary feeder change for Gertrude from Ultron to Victor and including Karolina Dean in this feeder scheme, I cannot fathom why, oh why?, they didnt just use Karolina as link between Victor3/5?... unless the devs have secret wet dreams for Karolina feeding a new 5*? ;-)

I have obtained a ludicrous amount of Karolina covers in my Classic pulls, so I am of course biased by this ;-)

I suspect you have answered your own question!

Karolina Dean has been in packs for a lot longer, so pretty much all of us have more of her, sure. I don't care that they chose a newer character for the feeder, I just wish they'd spread the love, so to speak. On the forums, someone once said that there's absolutely no reason that some 4★s should be that much more valuable than others, and that really resonated with me -- 5★ covers are so valuable compared to whatever they replace.

While going back and making every 4★ a feeder may be too much, I really do think that each new character should add feeders to the game, and I definitely think there should not be any 5★s that don't have a primary feeders. As I said above, secondary feeders are not worth nearly as much and it seems a shame to handicap a 5★ that way.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@MoosePrime said:

@entrailbucket said:

@tiomono said:
    Do charged tiles count as enemy special tiles for the purpose of locking? If so you won't get a cheap stun vs drThor but you may be able to slow her roll.

I don't think anybody "owns" charged tiles, but maybe?

They are "owned" in some aspect. 4* Gamora will count purple charged tiles created by her teammates as "friendly special tiles" for the auto-downing passive of her black.

To hazard a guess, I do not think 4Gam thinks the tiles are owned by her team. I think the game is looking to make sure all the basic purple tiles are covered by friendly SAPs.

Web tiles would be another tile that are ownerless yet special and I’m curious how she treats those.

I bet if you ran 4Gam against Mthor and could get enough black AP/purple specials out, you could down someone regardless of who made any purple charged tiles. Good luck, of course, given Mthor board shake constantly churning the tiles and bringing in fresh ones. You’d need a lot of black AP stored up, most likely.

Possibly the game doesn't consider "ownership" of the charged purple tiles, however, Gamora removes the purple charged tiles when she downs the enemy. My memory could be faulty, but I think i remember trying with an enemy created charged purple tile, and her black passive did not trigger.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They knocked the cost of Maximum Voltage down from 7 to 6. That helps things a little.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Before we all pull out pitchforks about lock tiles, Invisible Woman’s locked tiles lock Wanda’s and Medusa’s they don’t return. Maybe it’s because they’re “bubbles that lock” but they still do the job and the tiles don’t come back. The devs did that buff for her years ago.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A 5* should be able to choose the locked tiles. I still wouldn't like the character, but that's a me thing because I can't stand locked tiles.

• bluewolf
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Before we all pull out pitchforks about lock tiles, Invisible Woman’s locked tiles lock Wanda’s and Medusa’s they don’t return. Maybe it’s because they’re “bubbles that lock” but they still do the job and the tiles don’t come back. The devs did that buff for her years ago.

Maybe it’s just an Omega Red thing since nothing stops the spores.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 February 2024, 16:00
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@Tiger_Wong said:

I would try bagman vs Wanda but she’s much harder to queue in lightning rounds. And I took quite a few death by spores (even with Electro) before finally gathering the AP to lock one. I guess I could try IW vs Omega.

Edit. Sue locked it up and a new one emerged.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 February 2024, 17:14
    Options

Okay too lazy to look

When he goes into ll. What other 2s with him

Thinking hunter and goose. If that's the case I be waiting for him with next 2. 5s. Since got goose 450 and not sure in hunter

And it be around what march 20?

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited 8 February 2024, 17:35
    Options

slidecage said:
    Okay too lazy to look

Thinking hunter and goose. If that's the case I be waiting for him with next 2. 5s. Since got goose 450 and not sure in hunter

Goose will be out when Victor arrives in LLTs, which will be March 7th.

It will be any combination of these that you want to pursue:
    Hunter/Hex-23/Victor/Next/NextNext

• slidecage
    Options

@skittledaddy said:

slidecage said:
    Okay too lazy to look

Thank you. Not sure how I got goose 450 so fast I think last 6. 5s before them I don't even have 6 covers in them

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@bluewolf said:

@Tiger_Wong said:

I would try bagman vs Wanda but she’s much harder to queue in lightning rounds. And I took quite a few death by spores (even with Electro) before finally gathering the AP to lock one. I guess I could try IW vs Omega.

Edit. Sue locked it up and a new one emerged.

I’m putting in a ticket for that. I suggest you do the same.

• Borstock
    edited 8 February 2024, 19:33
    Options

@skittledaddy said:

slidecage said:
    Okay too lazy to look

Next/Next-Next/Next-Next-Next is gonna be lit. /s

• slidecage
    Options

@Borstock said:

@skittledaddy said:

slidecage said:
    Okay too lazy to look

I need to stop spending cp for them when they first come out and wait for 3 on ll. So I have a reason to open up my 841 tokens

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Borstock said:

@skittledaddy said:

slidecage said:
    Okay too lazy to look

I'm waiting for Next-Next/Next-Next-Next/Next-Next-Next-Next

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    edited 8 February 2024, 21:35
    Options

Can anyone confirm if charged tiles are targetable by his black? Are they classed as special tiles? I'm guessing not but will do the dance of joy if they are
    @S0kun @Scofie @IceIX @DevpoolMPQ_BCS

• Borstock
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@Borstock said:

@skittledaddy said:

slidecage said:
    Okay too lazy to look

Oooh. A pessimist.

• bluewolf
    Options

@Borstock said:

@MoosePrime said:

@Borstock said:

@skittledaddy said:

slidecage said:
    Okay too lazy to look

Oooh. A pessimist.

Or a super big fan of Paste Pot Pete, maybe.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@Borstock said:

@MoosePrime said:

@Borstock said:

@skittledaddy said:

slidecage said:
    Okay too lazy to look

Oooh. A pessimist.

Or a super big fan of Paste Pot Pete, maybe.

Did somebody say Paste Pot Pete?

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options

Has anyone got a fully covered Victor? Want to know if he destroys charged tiles or whether I can ignore him. I asked bcs but being ignored as per.