*****Victor Mancha (Victorious)*****

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Now if charged tiles can be targeted by shrapnel he will finally be a viable option to use against dr thors charged madness.
    But more likely charged won't be viable and therefore useless in pvp.
    We desperately need a charged tile punisher so the pvp teams are forced to rotate the usual thor & shang

While your waiting, why not just favorite and then ascend 4* Cosmo?

KGB

Alligator Loki does this job too.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah both good suggestions, I may even try lockjaw
    I'll do anything to relieve the unending monotony of pvp

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My Gert is 2/1/0 and Ultron is one of the 5 5s I do not have rostered yet.

Welp. Hope I have a bit of luck with store pulls.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Am I getting retro rewards for my max champed 5-star ascended Gert? /s

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 211 Tile Toppler
    Options

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with BRN and Polaris. If the black chain reaction continues as long as there is a tile left to destroy, it seems like that would be infinite with Polaris. Wondering if the wording is not quite right.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 211 Tile Toppler
    Options

Maybe it’s as long as there is a locked special tile or shrapnel.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Borstock said:
    I hate locked tiles. I don't care if he's OP (not saying he is). This guy ain't for me.

Same...

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx said:
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out with BRN and Polaris. If the black chain reaction continues as long as there is a tile left to destroy, it seems like that would be infinite with Polaris. Wondering if the wording is not quite right.

It requires 10 shrapnel tiles on the board to cast it...even if it does go infinite with Polaris, I don't think it's crazy for that to be a win condition. It won't be easy to get to 10, especially if they can be matched/destroyed like any other tile.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Options

This Black Bolt rework seems overly extensive. Trying way too hard, doing to much. Even gave him hair for some reason. Weird. Just update his numbers, tune down AP costs, double the #of charge tiles, would have been enough!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I never read Runaways, my man kinda looks like Syndrome from the Incredibles. This feels like the type of nonsense power set I like though

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Jinx said:

It requires 10 shrapnel tiles on the board to cast it...even if it does go infinite with Polaris, I don't think it's crazy for that to be a win condition. It won't be easy to get to 10, especially if they can be matched/destroyed like any other tile.

It's another example of the 3* version being better than the 5. The 3 star version gets the Magnetic Ascension power as the only version of his Black. Which means ascending the 3* is going to be way better than the 5* version.

KGB

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

I like adding his 5* as a villain. More villains in the 5* tier is nice.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options

He seems ok, but like someone mentioned earlier, too complicated. I really think the budget for 5* needs to be redone.

Black:

• The team damage seems a bit weak. Even with matches making shrapnel, this whole thing feels slow. Instead of complicated powers, just give the 5 the tempest (assuming the 3 isn't a typo). Ditch the damage and shrapnel on cast, and just give the cheap tempest with passive shrapnel.

Blue:

• Not a fan of locked either, ESPECIALLY random ones. Locked can already gunk up your turns, now you can't even guarantee locking the one you want? Also why can't he stun and lock? Yeah yeah it's minimum 1 but that's pretty sad for a 5. I'd say some combination of
      1: Let you select tiles to lock, special or not.
      2: let it be a 2-4 turn stun, and if you lock ANY special tiles, reduce the stun duration by 1, not 1 per.

Red:

• It's decent, but the protect tile "depowering" is just a waste of budget. It'll rarely come up, and when it does, it'll take forever to really make a difference. If BRB starts with say, 300 protect, it'll go down to 258, then 222, 199, 171, then 147. It's STILL a fairly annoying protect tile even after all that, and that's assuming new ones haven't come out or been multiplied. Just ditch it, make it a flat reduction ala kraven, and/or apply to all SAP, not just protect.

Even if you made all these changes victor'd just be "He's actually kind of okay!" not broken or anything.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options

Better stick Gert on as favourite then , one of my lowest covered characters think I’ll get 2 retro if I’m lucky

Nice to have a goal to aim for again

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    Better stick Gert on as favourite then , one of my lowest covered characters think I’ll get 2 retro if I’m lucky

Mine hit 320 a week or so ago, so will bag 3. Lowest since Goose which was also 3 but is currently l465 so I'm not going to worry too much.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Options

@turbomoose said:

Was mine too .... that girl is rare as hen's teeth. Idling at 10 covers. Oh well.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I can't get past the Syndrome thing. I'm also not sure my Gertrude has even made it to 300 so I will take what I can get which might not be very much. He doesn't really do a lot for me to be honest though.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He seems like he will be more annoying to play against than fun to actually play. I can see him on some PVE node that will just drive us bonkers. But I don't seem him being very useful in actual gameplay.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So, another lackluster 5. I guess it must be a day that ends with a Y.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 6 February 2024, 15:27
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I can't get past the Syndrome thing.

Squints....#NailedIt