Champions 2.0 - Batch #4 Info

Options
123457»

Comments

• primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Very disappointed that Bagman has the same boring champ rewards as all the other ascended 2s.

I'm really annoyed that I had a maxed champ version of Bagman and ditched him due to roster space when I champed a second. It will take forever to max my current version and then champ a second, unless he is removed from limited like Yelena was...

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@primetime21 said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Very disappointed that Bagman has the same boring champ rewards as all the other ascended 2s.

I'm really annoyed that I had a maxed champ version of Bagman and ditched him due to roster space when I champed a second. It will take forever to max my current version and then champ a second, unless he is removed from limited like Yelena was...

I have sold SO MANY maxed champs of SO MANY characters because I always used them to get HPs for the anniversary vaults.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@Pantera236 said:
    Lol wow after reading your comment I restarted the game and turns out a bunch of stuff was missing for some reason 🤷‍♂️ all good now.

That happens to me every so often. It's some sort of weird connection problem - I loose all the offers but for the really regular ones (i.e. the 4* featured in DDQ and the 5* featured in PVE.) I discovered a while back if you try to enter the "Resources Store" (the link on the upper right hand side of the board, where you can buy shards with HP or HP and ISO for money,) it says it can't connect - I'm pretty sure that's the real key indicator.

Rebooting almost always helps.

Yeah that's what made it seem like they took it away, the fact that there was still some offers there. My wifi has been weird lately so probably gonna happen more often for me unfortunately.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@Pantera236 said:
    Lol wow after reading your comment I restarted the game and turns out a bunch of stuff was missing for some reason 🤷‍♂️ all good now.

That happens to me every so often. It's some sort of weird connection problem - I loose all the offers but for the really regular ones (i.e. the 4* featured in DDQ and the 5* featured in PVE.) I discovered a while back if you try to enter the "Resources Store" (the link on the upper right hand side of the board, where you can buy shards with HP or HP and ISO for money,) it says it can't connect - I'm pretty sure that's the real key indicator.

Rebooting almost always helps.

Yeah that's what made it seem like they took it away, the fact that there was still some offers there. My wifi has been weird lately so probably gonna happen more often for me unfortunately.

Yeah, first time it happened to me I was like "Weird how little offers there are right now, I was going to look at XX again..." and then I realized it was literally just the 4*, the 5*, and the "Coming Soon." Another time I accidentally hit the "Resources" store and it said it couldn't connect, and I put two and two together.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 January 2024, 20:05
    Options

Did they say there would be new 1 stars. Wonder how soon that will be ..got like 3300 tokens left but think I wait to open them till I get at least. 3 of the 1 star offers.

So far juggie. Maybe vemom. I heard. Spiderman and ironman was good.

Anyone remember what was the vault that gave u I think a. 3 star storm for like 9k hp. Need more vaults like that

I highly ever doubt I buy a 2 star at 25. I would never make him a 5 star

I think I opened 400 tokens and only got 7 greens

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    Did they say there would be new 1 stars. Wonder how soon that will be ..got like 3300 tokens left but think I wait to open them till I get at least. 3 of the 1 star offers.

So far juggie. Maybe vemom. I heard. Spiderman and ironman was good.

Anyone remember what was the vault that gave u I think a. 3 star storm for like 9k hp. Need more vaults like that

I highly ever doubt I buy a 2 star at 25. I would never make him a 5 star

I think I opened 400 tokens and only got 7 greens

I do not think they have any plans to add new 1s to the game.

The new players still need to quickly get through the tier - and diluting pulls, making building a useable team slower, would not be a good idea.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MegaBee said:
    Who else remembers when you could spend ISO for Standard pulls?

47mil iso. I'd die of old age before I got through all that.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:

I do not think they have any plans to add new 1s to the game.

They do, I asked before and they said yes but no current time scale on the first new one. The rate the 19.99 offers have been flying off the shelves they would be crazy not to add to them. One for sales and second to dilute the pool like they have every other sought after tier. You either pay the toll or slow boat it with easy tokens.

I mean they hadn't had a penny from me for 7 years until they came along. I've seen the same story with plenty in my alliance family.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    edited 25 January 2024, 01:22
    Options

We had players swearing up and down for years that the devs would NEVER add another 3★ to the game, because everyone knows that would just make dilution worse and players would spend longer slogging through their 3★ phase of the game and surely no one would ever be so foolish as to let that happen, and... here we are: 16 new 3★ characters later (and counting.)

If they can sell more Ascended characters or more roster slots or keep more players coming back for short-term profits, they probably will. Whether that hurts or helps the long-term plan for the game (if one exists?) is a separate matter...

• bluewolf
    Options

Admittedly, the fact that players who basically never spend are willing to buy ascended 1s creates incentive to add them to the game.

It is interesting to consider that the devs would add characters that are borderline useless in their "natural" state due to their damage numbers, and possibly AP costs, and may or may not be useful at their highest level - but as reward churn tools alone, they are appealing targets for spending cash on.

Of course, as pointed out, dilution will come along with new 1s. Meaning the relative value of the new 1s, and all existing 1s, will drop because the number of pulls to add levels will increase, so the amount of time between reward payout will also increase. Also, spending on a good 1 is great when you can use it as a fallback boosted character every 4ish weeks, but add just 8 1s and now you are only able to use the ones you buy every 8 weeks. If you don't keep buying them the odds of having a useful 1-5s that is boosted drops on any given week.

It is impossible to assign a precise value to an ascended 1; $20 seems both cheap to many and expensive to some, and so decreasing the value via dilution is arguably still keeping their value high, just not as high.

I guess we will see, many plans change. Many statements are not, in the end, borne out by events. Many implied "rules" change without notice. It's a very dynamic environment for lots of reasons.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    Admittedly, the fact that players who basically never spend are willing to buy ascended 1s creates incentive to add them to the game.

The other group laying down the cash are the newbie accounts. My PvP is naturally baby champ and undercovered 5s, and I've seen a number of rosters that have a few of these purchased ascended characters and then nothing higher than some 4s with only a few covers.

• bluewolf
    edited 25 January 2024, 10:30
    Options

@Godzillafan67 said:

@bluewolf said:

The other group laying down the cash are the newbie accounts. My PvP is naturally baby champ and undercovered 5s, and I've seen a number of rosters that have a few of these purchased ascended characters and then nothing higher than some 4s with only a few covers.

Yes, I have seen this more than once myself.

It’s of course impossible to know how many of them went from not-spending to spending money, but that’s obviously not that important of a factor for “hey we should keep doing this” for the devs.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

We're all speculating that they could release new 1★ characters because people have been purchasing Ascended 1★ characters at level 450 for $20 each, but... there's nothing that says the devs can't start selling Ascended 2★, 3★, 4★, or even (Champed) 5★ at Level 450, or 500, or 550... and maybe those are worth way more than $20 to motivated players?

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    We're all speculating that they could release new 1★ characters because people have been purchasing Ascended 1★ characters at level 450 for $20 each, but... there's nothing that says the devs can't start selling Ascended 2★, 3★, 4★, or even (Champed) 5★ at Level 450, or 500, or 550... and maybe those are worth way more than $20 to motivated players?

2star to 4 star is already 24.99 so guessing 5 star would be 35 or 50 that is way too much for me .. I never gave this company major cash in probably 7 years but will buy some 20 ones just since I have 3500 standard tokens. Though not sure what I will need the hp for. Right now around 50k. If I did 3 or 4. 20 buck ones. That would push me back to 110k to 130k hp.. won't need slots for awhile I got like 470 and that is before merging