Champions 2.0 - Batch #4 Info

Options

Comments

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    January 22nd means all the hoarders can open their tokens today and will have a solid 4 days to apply those batch 4 covers before they expire.

If anyone has an itch.

The itch is strong, but I'm still hodling... :D

@Xception81 said:

@Daredevil217 said:
    January 22nd means all the hoarders can open their tokens today and will have a solid 4 days to apply those batch 4 covers before they expire.

If anyone has an itch.

I thought the same but an alliance mate reminded me that Venom’s 3rd power isn’t in tokens yet; so if you want to make sure you can get a few of those, it’s still better to wait.

Very true.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Will the other limited characters be following Yelena into normal availability as well?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 12 January 2024, 12:49
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

If anyone has an itch.

But Venom is only in standards. I know a lot of folks just started hoarding everything full stop.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There's zero chance I'd risk my thousands of tokens going early with this lot. It would be just my luck to be sat there with 6000+ covers dying on the line and them saying sorry we hit a snag, going to be 4 more weeks. I will open them only after every one else has been the crash test dummy for me and everything works.

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

Is our lord and savior Bagman still going to be limited? I’m a few covers away from two max champs and I’m on the fence about making him more accessible vs keeping him as the special little man that he is.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    There's zero chance I'd risk my thousands of tokens going early with this lot. It would be just my luck to be sat there with 6000+ covers dying on the line and them saying sorry we hit a snag, going to be 4 more weeks. I will open them only after every one else has been the crash test dummy for me and everything works.

51 and counting for me on standard, definitely want to open but holding strong

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,975 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 13 January 2024, 02:19
    Options

@turbomoose said:

@Tony_Foot said:

51K?

I'm at 11K worth of Elite/Heroic/Mighty plus another 1K of standard.

KGB

• Nurielkun
    Nurielkun Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited 13 January 2024, 11:24
    Options

What is the point of hoarding elite, heroic and mighty tokens?

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@KGB said:

51K?

I'm at 11K worth of Elite/Heroic/Mighty plus another 1K of standard.

KGB

Genuine question - how long has it taken to hoard that many? I’m assuming it’s from long before ascension was a concept? What is the rationale behind not opening tokens? Isn’t the whole point of the game to open covers for more rewards/characters etc?

Absolutely no attack on choice of playing the game, it’s a game at the end of the day, just very curious as to what the motivation is there?

I understand hoarding latest tokens waiting for the new 5* to roll in but not the lesser tokens?

• Tony_Foot
    Options

I hoarded them previously until the new 5/3 released and used them to champ and level the latest 3*. When this feature was announced I hoarded until the last batch. I still open mighty tokens to get the latest 3*.

Standards I kept for the open tokens milestones etc on daily’s and never bothered opening them other than that.

I get so many resources to progress the only tier I care about, 5* I’ve just left everything else. I don’t champ new 4* at all.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Nurielkun said:
    What is the point of hoarding elite, heroic and mighty tokens?

Imagine another card like Polaris hitting the game. back then people hoarded for her and broke the hoard instantly when she could be favourited.

Imagine this NOW with ascension.... Imagine heaving Polaris + strong card ascended to whatever the very day...

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

For those hoarding standards for the purpose of pulling once Venom gets his third power, I’d imagine they’ll have another ascension vault that’ll have that power in it that you can reset to get them all to ascend him. That’s how i got all of Juggs and Yelena’s third powers last time. I don’t remember the cost for it but it wasn’t too substantial.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    For those hoarding standards for the purpose of pulling once Venom gets his third power, I’d imagine they’ll have another ascension vault that’ll have that power in it that you can reset to get them all to ascend him. That’s how i got all of Juggs and Yelena’s third powers last time. I don’t remember the cost for it but it wasn’t too substantial.

1200 or 1800 to buy it out, I forget.
    1200 I think.

• Tony_Foot
    Options

There's also rarely a time when just hoarding when you are not desperate for something doesn't win.

I wish the game didn't always reward hoarding but it has for just about every new feature.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 13 January 2024, 16:37
    Options

It seems to me that the “new feature rewarding hoarding” phase will be done for years at this point. You can always hoard to cover a 4 or a set of 5s or a new 3 as you choose.

But I can’t imagine Champ 3.0 ever happening - at least not for another 5+ years - and support shards are fully implemented with any revision seeming unlikely for a long time considering how they do things around here. Also the support tokens are few and far between tha attempting to hoard them absolutely will freeze your progress.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

I've bee tracking my token pulls since 2017 and have opened 15K Standard tokens. Having 50K+ standard would take a lot of work and hording.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:

@Tony_Foot said:

Dude, you do not have 51k standard tokens surely? I have known you for 40 years and I know you are crazy but I never thought you were **** squirrel crazy?!?!? This must be an I only have 51 tokens surely...

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

You all are are crazy to open, I going to continue hoard until they award 4* and 5* in std/heroic/elite tokens.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@bigjojo04 said:

1200 or 1800 to buy it out, I forget.
    1200 I think.

And the last champions 2.0 vault had only the new power for yelena and juggs which I hope is the case with Venom. I got 7 Venoms ready to go.