Champions 2.0 - Batch #4 Info

Options

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

2 greens in 201 standard pulls. Had bought the vault twice before doing my pulls cuz I wanted Venom ascended first.

Also, like in the past, the vault stays exactly the same after buyout and reset. Exactly the same.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    Oh Venom has his new power? What does it do?

Allows him to join the Ascenders.

I liked it when they defeated Thanos.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@meadowsweet said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    I am not a Venom fan but that sound alright, I might consider ascending him now.

And thank you. 😉

Is there any reason not to Ascend every 1★? Free rewards and a level 550 character relatively soon (that is boosted 1/8th of the time)? As opposed to selling 1★ covers for 100 Iso-8 each?

I will get to them at some point just not a priority right now.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    Asking for others (mine is not ascendable): Why isn't 3* Goose ascendable yet? The Hunter is, and released after her.

I swear she was ascendable already, as I had maxed her already, but opted to max my dupe first. Now that I check I see she's not, so that is really weird. Either she changed or I have a faulty memory

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,347 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 23 January 2024, 12:15
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@bluewolf said:
    Asking for others (mine is not ascendable): Why isn't 3* Goose ascendable yet? The Hunter is, and released after her.

I swear she was ascendable already, as I had maxed her already, but opted to max my dupe first. Now that I check I see she's not, so that is really weird. Either she changed or I have a faulty memory

Maybe the issue is with 3 goose, 11 black (edit: no!) + Polaris (protect spam) and you’re instakilling fools left and right. Ascend her so she’s more durable and….yeah.

Edit: was wrong! 7 purple plus 8 black. Still not that hard.

You basically have to make her a lot worse (instakill being harder) to balance it out as she ascends.

That said, Multiple Man remains ridiculously easy to instawin with.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    edited 23 January 2024, 13:22
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Ok I'm finally done ascending pretty much everybody from this batch, and a few stragglers from the last ones. If anybody wants to check stats on someone, I'm in the alliance Clochards.

I haven't even looked yet, to be honest. I'll have better insight after I play some of these guys!

What's the numbers on 5* Ares ?

He was always my favorite 2* so I was curious how his ascension turns out.

Ty!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@tonypq said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Ok I'm finally done ascending pretty much everybody from this batch, and a few stragglers from the last ones. If anybody wants to check stats on someone, I'm in the alliance Clochards.

I haven't even looked yet, to be honest. I'll have better insight after I play some of these guys!

What's the numbers on 5* Ares ?

He was always my favorite 2* so I was curious how his ascension turns out.

Ty!

Bucket is crazy, but not THAT crazy.
    That's too many covers to get in a day.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Adric1123 said:

@meadowsweet said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    I am not a Venom fan but that sound alright, I might consider ascending him now.

And thank you. 😉

Is there any reason not to Ascend every 1★? Free rewards and a level 550 character relatively soon (that is boosted 1/8th of the time)? As opposed to selling 1★ covers for 100 Iso-8 each?

Nope. Even if you just ascend them to 2* and sell when they max out, they'll still bring in 331 Iso and 4.8 HP per cover. A clear improvement on the 100 Iso you get for just selling.

If you go higher it gets even better, but obviously takes longer to payoff:
    At 3* it's 299 Iso / 5.6 HP per cover.
    4* is 501 Iso / 9.1 HP per cover.
    5* is 464 Iso / 17.15 HP per cover.

I can think of only one reason - you don't want to raise your MMR. The 1|5 star characters not going to, for the most part, be as effective as the native 5★s -- they won't have as diverse a power set and synergies, even if their powers do hit on the same level (some do, some don't.) So I wouldn't hesitate at all to boost them to the point of your best 5★ characters, but I probably wouldn't push them further. Still, unless you bought an ascended 1|5, that's going to take some time. Even if you did, that's going to take some time.

My goal at this point is to bring my lower level characters to 5★ through the "best rewards for the covers" route - i.e. max/max for the first Ascension, Max/just over Min for each one further. I believe you can be a bit more efficient if you don't do Max/Max on your second Ascended, but I'm going to do it anyway since I like rewards.

If it seems like I'm really suffering for lack of rewards once I get toons into the 4★ tier I'll probably rethink this, but it seems like a no-brainer to ascend 1★ and 2★ characters as high as you can get, since at 4:1 the five star rewards are great for those. For a 3 and 4 star it's not so clear...

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 23 January 2024, 15:03
    Options

Without buying the ascended Ares at 4* there is no way I will ever get the two stars to 5* level. I simply don't get enough tokens for that level. What I do like now though is I have lost my usual dpd teams through ascension but have gained a few new ones from the 1* tier and so on.

I've used 2* HE mags and storm forever on the 2* nodes and now I have to use something else. I barely have anything left at the 2* level.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
    Options

They pulled the 4* Ares deal before I had a chance to buy it 😭

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

It’s still in the vault for me for 2d13h

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,347 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zarqa said:

@Pantera236 said:

It’s still in the vault for me for 2d13h

Same here, maybe you just need to check again.

• Pantera236
    Options

Lol wow after reading your comment I restarted the game and turns out a bunch of stuff was missing for some reason 🤷‍♂️ all good now.

• Pantera236
    Options

Lol I pulled the 3* one from the vault too.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    I've used 2* HE mags and storm forever on the 2* nodes and now I have to use something else. I barely have anything left at the 2* level.

Yeah, I ended up rebuilding that 2* team because it turned out there weren't any (or at least I didn't find any) very interesting options.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 607 Critical Contributor
    Options

I just stopped doing the 1 and 2 star nodes. Actually had stopped way beforr Ascension.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I must admit I really only ever bother with dpd about 50% of the time. I'm so bored of that and wish I could just use my roster and blitz through it with ascended versions.

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    edited 23 January 2024, 17:53
    Options

I think I'll keep my 2* DDQ team of Ms Marvel, Mags, and Hawkeye only. Everyone else is just there to get ascended.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

DDQ is so easy that you can do it with basically anybody. I ascended every single possible character and I'm doing the 2* node with, like, random low level dupe stragglers -- and it's totally fine. For the 3* fight I'm using jumped up 2*.

It takes a few extra turns, but it actually makes the fights more interesting having to cobble something together from a bunch of junk.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Pantera236 said:
    Lol wow after reading your comment I restarted the game and turns out a bunch of stuff was missing for some reason 🤷‍♂️ all good now.

That happens to me every so often. It's some sort of weird connection problem - I loose all the offers but for the really regular ones (i.e. the 4* featured in DDQ and the 5* featured in PVE.) I discovered a while back if you try to enter the "Resources Store" (the link on the upper right hand side of the board, where you can buy shards with HP or HP and ISO for money,) it says it can't connect - I'm pretty sure that's the real key indicator.

Rebooting almost always helps.