103 standard tokens and only 2 green venom tokens, that’s ridiculous

There is a vault with 5 of them.

I bought it out twice.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:

Whats ridiculous about that? Isn't there 8 x1* with 24 different covers. How many did you expect?

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,372 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:

Standard tokens reward 1* tokens roughly 85% of the time. There are now 8 1* characters in tokens with 3 powers each (since Yelena was added back to tokens), so there's a 1 in 24 chance of getting a green cover for him when you pull a 1*. Quick maths, that's roughly 3.5% chance of getting one each token. So, sounds about in the expected ballpark.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 725 Critical Contributor
    Options

Bought the vault twice also. No green Venom or black Juggs or blue Yelena pulled naturally from 100+ standard, oh well!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,745 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh Venom has his new power? What does it do?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Oh Venom has his new power? What does it do?

For 8 ap does damage to the target (78 at 5 covers and L1 compared to 64 for spidermans Red at 5 covers and L1) and another random enemy and creates 1 web tile for each enemy damaged.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,745 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I am not a Venom fan but that sound alright, I might consider ascending him now.

And thank you. 😉

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Very disappointed that Bagman has the same boring champ rewards as all the other ascended 2s.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 774 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DeNappa said:

@turbomoose said:

Standard tokens reward 1* tokens roughly 85% of the time. There are now 8 1* characters in tokens with 3 powers each (since Yelena was added back to tokens), so there's a 1 in 24 chance of getting a green cover for him when you pull a 1*. Quick maths, that's roughly 3.5% chance of getting one each token. So, sounds about in the expected ballpark.

Thanks for this ,

So think I pulled 5 venom covers in total
    Iron man and Hawkeye I pulled about 20 of each. Didn’t count the other ones but I’d guess the same amount

I will buy out the store and get them that way, was just disappointing to only get 2 after saving up for a couple of weeks

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,523 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:

Lucky you, my first 100 pulls I didn't get any, then I took a break and started pulling again.

I'm pretty sure they didn't add his green to the tokens for an hour or two after they did the data push, someone else corroborated they didn't get any in that period either.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,372 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:

@DeNappa said:

@turbomoose said:

Thanks for this ,

So think I pulled 5 venom covers in total
    Iron man and Hawkeye I pulled about 20 of each. Didn’t count the other ones but I’d guess the same amount

I will buy out the store and get them that way, was just disappointing to only get 2 after saving up for a couple of weeks

Heh, that's just RNG. In 263 pulls just now, my outliers were 18 purple BW covers and 4 blue Spidey covers. 8 green Venom ones though, so enough for a first ascension for him.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options

@turbomoose said:

Odds of pulling X Green Venom covers from 103 Standard Tokens:
    0 - 2.42%
    1 - 9.17%
    2 - 17.20%
    3 - 21.31%
    4 - 19.60%
    5 - 14.28%
    6 - 8.58%
    7 - 4.38%
    8 - 1.93%
    9 - 0.75%
    10 - 0.26%
    More than 10 - 0.11%

So 2 Green Venom covers is on the low end, but is the third most-likely outcome (17.2%), only slightly behind the most likely outcome of pulling one more (21.3%). And while you had a 71.2% chance of pulling more than 2 Green covers, you also had an 11.6% chance of pulling even fewer.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I am not a Venom fan but that sound alright, I might consider ascending him now.

And thank you. 😉

Is there any reason not to Ascend every 1★? Free rewards and a level 550 character relatively soon (that is boosted 1/8th of the time)? As opposed to selling 1★ covers for 100 Iso-8 each?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,046 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ok I'm finally done ascending pretty much everybody from this batch, and a few stragglers from the last ones. If anybody wants to check stats on someone, I'm in the alliance Clochards.

I haven't even looked yet, to be honest. I'll have better insight after I play some of these guys!

• DTrain514
    DTrain514 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited 22 January 2024, 21:40
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@turbomoose said:

Lucky you, my first 100 pulls I didn't get any, then I took a break and started pulling again.

I'm pretty sure they didn't add his green to the tokens for an hour or two after they did the data push, someone else corroborated they didn't get any in that period either.

Pulled 250 before realizing something was wrong with no venom greens:(

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,523 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DTrain514 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@turbomoose said:

Pulled 250 before realizing something was wrong with no venom greens:(

Well at least we know we're not crazy.... :/

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options

@turbomoose said:

I got zero from the same. Had to get them from the vault.

• Adric1123
    Adric1123 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

@meadowsweet said:

@DAZ0273 said:

And thank you. 😉

Is there any reason not to Ascend every 1★? Free rewards and a level 550 character relatively soon (that is boosted 1/8th of the time)? As opposed to selling 1★ covers for 100 Iso-8 each?

Nope. Even if you just ascend them to 2* and sell when they max out, they'll still bring in 331 Iso and 4.8 HP per cover. A clear improvement on the 100 Iso you get for just selling.

If you go higher it gets even better, but obviously takes longer to payoff:
    At 3* it's 299 Iso / 5.6 HP per cover.
    4* is 501 Iso / 9.1 HP per cover.
    5* is 464 Iso / 17.15 HP per cover.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,383 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Asking for others (mine is not ascendable): Why isn't 3* Goose ascendable yet? The Hunter is, and released after her.