Champions 2.0 - Batch #4 Info

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I never said there would not be a point in hoarding. Everyone can enjoy it as they like. I’m just saying I don’t foresee any major game reward overhaul such that a hoard of a particular token would give you a significant advantage for a while.

But on a long enough timeframe, who knows?

Note: hoarding Latests as I don’t want any Peggy’s and haven’t opened any in a few weeks as I also had enough Miles.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,513 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 January 2024, 14:06
    Options

Once I really broke into the 5* tier I started hoarding Legendary pulls (tokens and CPs) to maximize the better 5 stars. Essentially I pull the current 5 star until I'm satisfied with how high they are, then stop. This has lead into some weird "Hmmm, I want more, say, Peggy, but I'm getting a lot of Hunter, so just how much do I want to pull more?" I'm pretty flush for LTs at the moment, too, so that gives me a lot of discretion in what I may want to do with my CP -- I like to dabble in the 5* Release store (if I want the 3 5*s anyway,) and Classics, but generally don't spend more than 40-50 pulls.

Like many people above, I generally only hoarded to fully cover and level the new 3* on the 3/5 releases, so my "normal" tokens get pretty much completely flushed every month, though I've been hoarding Standards since they implemented Ascension with only occasionally pulling a few to dabble in getting the third cover for, say, Yelena.

• max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

Is there a way to see what the stats will be once ascended, vulture seems like a no brainer to ascend but I am curious.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No.
    You have to look at other people's rosters.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 243 Tile Toppler
    edited 19 January 2024, 20:58
    Options

@tonypq said:
    I hate that the ascend button blocks you from reviewing the champ level rewards. I used to like to click on a max character and be able to click to see what shards/covers they give in game. But seems like you can't view that info after the ascend button made its way in game.

Today I learned that "CHAMPION MAXED!" (below the character's level) has been a clickable button this whole time. I had always assumed you lost the ability to review Champ rewards at Max level, since the button on non-Max Champs was the "NEXT REWARD" button above the character's level, while the "LEVEL UP" button below it did not show rewards... so that's maybe not the greatest design, to take things away and move them and re-name them and assume players will figure it out?

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@meadowsweet said:

@tonypq said:
    I hate that the ascend button blocks you from reviewing the champ level rewards. I used to like to click on a max character and be able to click to see what shards/covers they give in game. But seems like you can't view that info after the ascend button made its way in game.

Today I learned that "CHAMPION MAXED!" (below the character's level) has been a clickable button this whole time. I had always assumed you lost the ability to review Champ rewards at Max level, since the button on non-Max Champs was the "NEXT REWARD" button above the character's level, while the "LEVEL UP" button below it did not show rewards... so that's maybe not the greatest design, to take things away and move them and re-name them and assume players will figure it out?

Someone told me that relatively recently but considering I've been playing for little over 6.5 years... yeah not good design on that one.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I got like 8 vemons and ares ..to the max now. So how do I play these to get max rewards.

Also will vemons be able to rank up day one or will I need. 5 of his new colors

Thanks

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 January 2024, 15:48
    Options

@slidecage said:
    I got like 8 vemons and ares ..to the max now. So how do I play these to get max rewards.

Also will vemons be able to rank up day one or will I need. 5 of his new colors

Thanks

You cannot break down the Ares so you will need to ascend them as needed. I recommend merging two maxes 2s, then level the new 3 to max. Then merge two more 2s and decide if you want to max rewards on the new 3 or just go to a 4 asap.

After you max out the new 4 you start again to eventually get a 5.

For Venom you will need 3 of the new power for each copy before you can ascend them. Keep an eye out for the vault on Monday.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,989 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@Borstock said:

@Pantera236 said:

@meadowsweet said:

@tonypq said:

Someone told me that relatively recently but considering I've been playing for little over 6.5 years... yeah not good design on that one.

It took me YEARS before I realized you can tell which CD tiles belong to which goon characters because they pulse when you scroll through the enemy team.

Whaaaa?

Depends on when you started playing. When the game was first released this feature didn't exist and so you had no idea which goon placed the CD when there were 2 identical goons. It wasn't until 3 years or more that the feature was added to have it pulse when you rotated through characters. It wasn't widely announced either as a new feature so many players didn't know it was added.

KGB

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:
    It wasn't widely announced

Was it even narrowly announced?

Is it in the tutorial now?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,573 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

Depends on when you started playing. When the game was first released this feature didn't exist and so you had no idea which goon placed the CD when there were 2 identical goons. It wasn't until 3 years or more that the feature was added to have it pulse when you rotated through characters. It wasn't widely announced either as a new feature so many players didn't know it was added.

KGB

I might have been playing before it was in the game. Been playing a long time, but it was still years after it was in the game that I heard about it on the forums.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 729 Critical Contributor
    Options

Count me in not knowing about the cd tiles as well. During the Apoc boss we just had I noticed when clicking on a stunned enemy, they have a stunned icon(black spiral line). Not as useful as the cd tiles obviously, still took about three years for me to notice.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

Wow. I started playing about 2 weeks after the game released and I never knew that.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,693 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DrClever said:

@KGB said:
    It wasn't widely announced

Was it even narrowly announced?

Is it in the tutorial now?

This game has a tutorial?!?!?

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options

The pulse thing has been around for years. It was very useful in the early days when 3 star Dr Strange was released so you knew which enemy to target first with his passive. Also like the 2 star DDQ node with Storm's blue stun (any character with stun too, like Polaris). It is also handy with Kitty so you can target the enemy with the lowest countdown tile on the board.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options

103 standard tokens and only 2 green venom tokens, that’s ridiculous

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 610 Critical Contributor
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    103 standard tokens and only 2 green venom tokens, that’s ridiculous

There is a vault with 5 of them.