Multiple Man (Jaime Madrox) 4****

Options
12346»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx said:
    Feel like he would be good with Chasm because he would be able to keep all AP drained, despite the fact that Chasm’s abyss tiles would take up a lot of real estate and make the auto win harder. Trying to think of a good third.

I would test him with web users somewhere to see if he overwrites web tiles before planning on that team.

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options

I just lost a match while playing with Multiple Man against a non-MM team, seeming by his instant win condition. The last tile was created on the opponent's turn which is what I think caused it.

• bluewolf
    Options

@OzarkBoatswain said:
    I just lost a match while playing with Multiple Man against a non-MM team, seeming by his instant win condition. The last tile was created on the opponent's turn which is what I think caused it.

Must have been one of those evil dupes that show up in stories when the writer decides it would be fun to make him oppose himself.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@obikenobi12 said:
    This character needs to be nerfed. He's a major npe and I think his powers don't work as intended. He's got a already broken interaction with Acended 4* Agent Colson and we need to stop this madness of a power being fired for 1 ap..... just so many issues with this. When he is able to be ascended, he is going to be a even bigger menace. If they decide to keep him as is, he needs to never be allowed to get to 5*

I feel like this was addressed much earlier in this thread.

He has a win condition. Other characters can get the win faster. MM has a gimmick that gives him a use... But he's very beatable. I don't see him being that much of a menace.

• bluewolf
    Options

@Blackstone said:

@obikenobi12 said:
    This character needs to be nerfed. He's a major npe and I think his powers don't work as intended. He's got a already broken interaction with Acended 4* Agent Colson and we need to stop this madness of a power being fired for 1 ap..... just so many issues with this. When he is able to be ascended, he is going to be a even bigger menace. If they decide to keep him as is, he needs to never be allowed to get to 5*

He has a win condition. Other characters can get the win faster. MM has a gimmick that gives him a use... But he's very beatable. I don't see him being that much of a menace.

I guess its easy to say this now but I'm trying to imagine him at high level and especially ascended when every tick of dmg spams a dupe and each dupe you make reduces his dmg taken by 2% (as a 4). How will that scale up? I mean it'll be a bit before anyone can ascend him, but you could have a character who is extremely hard to kill and spams the board and covers up all tiles with his dupes (at least right now) and wins while you're trying to hurt him.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I was thinking of focusing on this guy for a scarecrow but then I remember Riri Jane will just stun lock him and rip him to shreds.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@obikenobi12 said:
    He's a major npe

NPE as Negative rather than New Player Experience was a new one for me, so thanks for that.

• bluewolf
    Options

@Pantera236 said:
    I was thinking of focusing on this guy for a scarecrow but then I remember Riri Jane will just stun lock him and rip him to shreds.

Sounds like you're trying to start another "nerf Mthor" thread, lol

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

Does anyone else think it’s confusing that there’s now two powers in the game called “My own best friend”? On entirely different characters (I.E. Multiple Man & 5star Emma), and having entirely different effects…
    Guess the design team didn’t clock that before release? Or they’re just fine with it? I’m not sure which of those is worse…

Why don’t we just call all damage powers from this point on “POW, right in the kisser”, or “ima firin mah lazor!”??

• bluewolf
    Options

@Gymp28 said:
    Does anyone else think it’s confusing that there’s now two powers in the game called “My own best friend”? On entirely different characters (I.E. Multiple Man & 5star Emma), and having entirely different effects…
    Guess the design team didn’t clock that before release? Or they’re just fine with it? I’m not sure which of those is worse…

Why don’t we just call all damage powers from this point on “POW, right in the kisser”, or “ima firin mah lazor!”??

Hey, you come up with 953 ability names that are often based on, or simply are, well known phrases - and try to not repeat yourself.

And more coming all the time!

they make sense for both characters….diamonds are a girls best friend….I’m my own best friend….

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

I've tried to be confused by this but haven't succeeded yet.

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited 5 January 2024, 17:46
    Options

I should probably clarify that I am in no way angered by this and was just trying to be amusing.
    May have come across other than intended in my previous post.
    And yes, I absolutely get the thematic references for those power names.

So whilst we’re on the topic; is anyone else aware of any powers with the same name? (various spellings of Booong excluded 😂)

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 954 Critical Contributor
    Options

Same named abilities could become a problem if they are team-up eligible.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,647 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In the series Universe X, Madrox on the brink of starving ate one of his dupes. Is...is reabsorb Jamie getting out his knife and fork and reaching for the salt and pepper?!?!? 😬😬🙁

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@Blackstone said:

@obikenobi12 said:

I guess its easy to say this now but I'm trying to imagine him at high level and especially ascended when every tick of dmg spams a dupe and each dupe you make reduces his dmg taken by 2% (as a 4). How will that scale up? I mean it'll be a bit before anyone can ascend him, but you could have a character who is extremely hard to kill and spams the board and covers up all tiles with his dupes (at least right now) and wins while you're trying to hurt him.

I guess I'm not doubting he could become a menace...

... I'm just doubting he could become a stronger, faster menace than other menaces.

And without a player firing his powers efficiently, he'll be even slower on defense...
    ... And you should be able to plan on downing him with a few hard hits preventing him from becoming hard to kill.

I'm not disagreeing with any points you've made about his possibilities...
    ...I just think those possibilities will be manageable.

I could be wrong though, I have been before.