Multiple Man (Jaime Madrox) 4****

Comments

• Nero
    Nero Posts: 34 Just Dropped In

I have no idea what is going here :o
    Completely glitched :D

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker

Are you able to make the blue match in the bottom left corner or does it not register as a match?

As ever, interesting premise with new tiles but this just looks so messy and yet again changing the basics of a match 3 game and not really for the better!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,573 Chairperson of the Boards

You can make the match, but the 3 tiles will just stay there. Look at the green at the top, the side or the purple traps in the middle.

This is going to lead to some soft locks with MM vs MM matches

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker

Yeah what I meant was the board wasn’t frozen at that stage, there was still a valid move. Just a pointless one

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker

Figured out that you don’t want to create the purple or yellow traps until you’re ready to finish the match.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,689 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 2 January 2024, 12:06

@Jinx said:
    Figured out that you don’t want to create the purple or yellow traps until you’re ready to finish the match.

They aren’t completely useless exactly but his design which basically requires locking the colors on the board in place makes tiles you have to match away mostly useless. If you had some character that converted tile colors to purple or yellow you could make use of them, I suppose.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

i hope we never see his event again - I don't want to play this with maxed, boosted, possibly ascended Madroxes.

• bluewolf

@Bowgentle said:
    i hope we never see his event again - I don't want to play this with maxed, boosted, possibly ascended Madroxes.

It’s interesting as a player who came back at Anniversary after 3 years that they shifted hard away from 4* pvp which was a thing I remember happening a lot late in the time when I was playing. Lots of thematic 4* PVPs, for example. Recent PVPs have all been 3* or new characters that I recall. (I am aware they ran Class of PVPs leading up to Anniversary.). I don’t know what they were doing earlier in 2023 but I suppose 3* PvP is more accessible to newer players.

Anyway if the trend has shifted away from 4* PvP your wish may be granted. At least for a while.

• Bowgentle

@bluewolf said:

@Bowgentle said:

It’s interesting as a player who came back at Anniversary after 3 years that they shifted hard away from 4* pvp which was a thing I remember happening a lot late in the time when I was playing. Lots of thematic 4* PVPs, for example. Recent PVPs have all been 3* or new characters that I recall. (I am aware they ran Class of PVPs leading up to Anniversary.). I don’t know what they were doing earlier in 2023 but I suppose 3* PvP is more accessible to newer players.

Anyway if the trend has shifted away from 4* PvP your wish may be granted. At least for a while.

They did A LOT of 4* PVPs when they took over.
    I have to assume player engagement dropped off a cliff, we haven't had one 4* PVP in a year I think.

• bluewolf

They did A LOT of 4* PVPs when they took over.
    I have to assume player engagement dropped off a cliff, we haven't had one 4* PVP in a year I think.

Makes sense to me because of dilution. It’s pretty easy to get covers for characters you shard, and the ones that show up in rewards a lot (mostly the latest 3 4’s) but if you started anytime in the past few years you probably have a large number of 4s who are partially covered you might get to someday. Longtime Vets would completely dominate with their high level champed /ascended 4s. So basically ascension has created a situation where running 4* pvp is even worse than it was for drawing in newer players.

• Bowgentle

But those lower players aren't seeing us anyway.

• bluewolf

In mmr sure, but the playing field feels a bit more even with a 3 in the middle.

There’s also the issue of 4s having larger health pools - especially ascended - making for longer matches sometimes, and turning people off.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards

After five pages of comments, I still can't tell: is he good? Or not really? He seems fun but can't actually tell if he is worth chasing if someone is already far into 5* land or just get his covers as they come and not worry about it.

• bluewolf
    edited 2 January 2024, 20:45

@LavaManLee said:
    After five pages of comments, I still can't tell: is he good? Or not really? He seems fun but can't actually tell if he is worth chasing if someone is already far into 5* land or just get his covers as they come and not worry about it.

You should define "chasing" here as if you are talking about playing harder in events where he is rewarded, that means probably a few PVEs if they stick to the Latest weighting before he's considered "Classic" and only comes around in the rotation every couple years. If you are talking about sharding him, I would say it depends on how other 4s you want to potentially (or can already) ascend are situated.

He is a gimmicky character that can fairly quickly reach win condition if you are willing to burn boosts, but obviously will be terrible on defense so ascending him seems fairly required for PVP.

With ascCoulson and Kang or ascDrax you can spew 1 turn CDs that do high level dmg using some boosts (allowing firing yellow) and generating more AP so you can win that way as well, essentially a few turns in you can slowly just kill everyone without any more turns. Again no good on defense.

His mechanics are wonky and need fixing and are unreliable sometimes, so that might be frustrating if you are relying on him. Whatever fixes they implement might continue to make him broke, or less effective. There's a chance he gets nerfed or adjusted so you can't just spam dupe with boosts on turn one.

I would not shard him, certainly not now (not that you can).

There are far more straightforward and reliable characters to focus on IMO. Just collect the covers as they come, is my take.

• bluewolf
    edited 3 January 2024, 04:07

.....A different note. I used MM in his PVP as well as WtS and noticed that he will overwrite enemy CDs and repeaters when you pick the color they are on (and there are not more tiles than he can make dupes on with the AP).

I do not know yet what he does with SAPs with his yellow power (dupe-when-damaged overwrites them on a priority basis), nor if he would prioritize overwriting CDs and repeaters or just do it when he's forced to by tile limits.

It does not say this is intended behavior, but it also does not say it is not. But for potentially not-many AP - depending on how many of the color exist on the board - you can overwrite these tiles right now.

Edit: ran him again and he overwrote a strike with a dupe. There were more tiles than I could put dupes on, but the yellow power places dupes randomly so I got lucky with that one. Anyway, no limit apparently on what he will overwrite (presumably not the non-tiles like Surfer’s black hole).

• crakker
    crakker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In

I’m a beginner 5* and usually for SHIELD I had to rely on DP Whales team up, but with the loaner MM had no problem finishing them, so I’m looking forward to use him.

However I don’t understand why my 1/2/0 MM cannot fire Yellow? Over 6 AP all colours

• bluewolf

@crakker said:
    I’m a beginner 5* and usually for SHIELD I had to rely on DP Whales team up, but with the loaner MM had no problem finishing them, so I’m looking forward to use him.

However I don’t understand why my 1/2/0 MM cannot fire Yellow? Over 6 AP all colours

Good luck figuring that one out. Probably a bug of some sort. The essential node in sub 2 was giving me that problem so I ignored MM. He’s very wonky and there seem to be a lot of weird interactions.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,573 Chairperson of the Boards

@LavaManLee said:

He's not "good" in the general sense. There are no real synergies to speak of, just generating easy AP to feed his yellow..
    I'm going to get after him and try to ascend him as soon as possible though. Since I have no other real 4* target and most of my 5's are champed.
    I'll find a good partner for him and use him in pick 2 just because he is annoying.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker

Feel like he would be good with Chasm because he would be able to keep all AP drained, despite the fact that Chasm’s abyss tiles would take up a lot of real estate and make the auto win harder. Trying to think of a good third.

• obikenobi12
    obikenobi12 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In

This character needs to be nerfed. He's a major npe and I think his powers don't work as intended. He's got a already broken interaction with Acended 4* Agent Colson and we need to stop this madness of a power being fired for 1 ap..... just so many issues with this. When he is able to be ascended, he is going to be a even bigger menace. If they decide to keep him as is, he needs to never be allowed to get to 5*