Multiple Man (Jaime Madrox) 4****

Options

Comments

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

I thought it was said QA testing takes place after they create the character post. It is quite possible no QA testers are working because of the holidays, and any bugs won't be fixed or prioritized until next week.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:

I assume if you kill MM all the dupes instantly disappear? But am not confident in that happening.

Yes. They go away after he dies.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

It's going to take me forever to get all these characters ascended. Something to work on.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah, this may have created an AP boost meta.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Definitely doesn't sound broken at all.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,979 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:

• On AI’s turn….. this is so hilarious…… there’s so many MM tiles that the AI decides to make an MM match 3. So it does…… and NOTHING HAPPENS AND THEY LOSE THEIR TURN! 😂 😂 it’s hilarious! They don’t gain AP, no cascades. No tiles drop. They just make a match that does nothing and lose their turn!

Was there any damage done from the match 3?

What you saw means that at some point in some game, there will be an infinite loop if there is only 1 match on the board and it's 3 MM tiles because the board can't ever change nor can either player gain AP. The only hope is there is match damage so that one team beats the other in an infinite loop of match damage...

KGB

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,351 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

I mean obviously the intended design would be (should be) that the game recognizes that only dupe-match 3s exist on the board and the board then reshuffles to allow for other matches with at least one normal tile.

That said his PVP starts in a couple days and the devs are out, and if its broken there's probably no chance they fix it by the time it starts (although maybe they can correct it as its running). So it should be fun when two opposing MMs are in the match making dupes.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@Tiger_Wong said:

• On AI’s turn….. this is so hilarious…… there’s so many MM tiles that the AI decides to make an MM match 3. So it does…… and NOTHING HAPPENS AND THEY LOSE THEIR TURN! 😂 😂 it’s hilarious! They don’t gain AP, no cascades. No tiles drop. They just make a match that does nothing and lose their turn!

Was there any damage done from the match 3?

None.

What you saw means that at some point in some game, there will be an infinite loop if there is only 1 match on the board and it's 3 MM tiles because the board can't ever change nor can either player gain AP. The only hope is there is match damage so that one team beats the other in an infinite loop of match damage...

KGB

Or….. you get enough of your MM tiles on the field to automatically win the match. If his black is procced at 4, it takes 42 MM tiles to win. At lvl 5, it takes 34.

Keep in mind….. you can get 14 MM tiles on turn 0 with + 2 all AP boost.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,429 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I ran him with Col5 and Wanda and went specifically for a board win and got it the first time trying.
    He is going to be a 535 or 544 for me. It looks like it is going to be very easy to hit the 34 tile threshold.

I had several spots on the board where 3 tiles of the same color that were sitting in the matched position with no way to get to it. By the end of the match both sides were just making matches at the top of the board.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

Doesn’t his third power remove dupes though? I thought the point was to get as many of those on the board as possible. Wouldn’t you be avoiding using that power?

• bluewolf
    Options

@Jinx said:
    Doesn’t his third power remove dupes though? I thought the point was to get as many of those on the board as possible. Wouldn’t you be avoiding using that power?

Yes, but you need 10 green AP to use it. You might have trouble collecting that if there are dupes everywhere.

But it might be useful for collecting ap and nuking someone. Just probably unlikely later in a match to have enough free green tiles to collect the AP, especially if you made green dupes.

• dianetics
    Options

@Jinx said:

Yeah, but if you have the green required and you need healing then it’s useful. I think it’s way to potentially extend out the match and keep him alive.

The healing on yellow is ok but you have to get the trap to leave the board and that is difficult.

Most likely I’ll run him 544 and I am going to get him ascended as soon as possible. He’s going to be trouble to deal with if you can slow the incoming damage down early.

• Jinx
    Options

Could use him with Coulson and Hawkeye. That would probably get you enough dupes on the board to end matches really fast.

• Jinx
    Options

Just tested him. Now I see the limitation. He only creates tile on the selected color, do you can’t just pump red and blue all day and fill up the board.

• Jinx
    Options

Wondering why some of his dupes look like traps and some look like him.

• bluewolf
    edited December 2023
    Options

Worth noting that MM has health on the low end of the scale for recent 4s. Just a consideration for when you ascend him. Also hard to know how anything will scale. And we don’t know that all the behavior will continue. I mean building a team around him is a bit tricky.

Do we know what happens if you stick him on a team with your own spammy SAP Polaris? Does he overwrite those tiles when getting hit? Or just make no dupes?

Not really convinced by a character you pretty much need to burn boosts on to make viable. Also he will be abysmal on defense imo.

As far as tile look, the trap tiles need to look like trap tiles for fairly obvious reasons.

Edit: maybe I’m just an old misguided vet, but a character who fills the board with tiles that require special conditions to match away but are still moveable seems like a very bad design direction and makes me worried about the future where the overriding concern for new characters is “do something different or in a different combination”. This is a match-3 game and making match-3s impossible is….just not good.

• Jinx
    Options

Figured out that not all dupes look like dupes. Some look like traps. The team I mentioned above works better than I expected. Once his yellow is at 5, it will be a quick auto win team. Definitely a priority to ascend. Note: don’t drain blue. Keep the blue tiles open for Hawkeye CDs. Use blue first and then red once all red tiles are filled with dupes.

• dianetics
    edited December 2023
    Options

I would probably put him with gambit and a damage reducer. He does not need a lot of help. With boosts he can board win in about 5 turns with the right board and partners

• Jinx
    Options

Yet another character Kang would be amazing with