Multiple Man (Jaime Madrox) 4****

Options

Comments

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 219 Tile Toppler
    Options

Actually, now that I think about it, you could auto win every match on turn 1 if you use the all boost +2 and pair him with Kane so you don’t lose AP to the drain. Just keep casting until the board is full.

• Jinx
    Options

NM. Just tested. Kang’s AP drain prevention doesn’t work on this power.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Can confirm MThor destroys his dupes, also can confirm that making a match 3 with 3 dupes of the same color make things wonky

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Yo! This character is wild! You guys gotta try this guy out.

So I’m running MM/AsDrax/AsCoulson vs FosThor/She-Hulk/AsPolaris in SS. They’re all about lvl 461.

+2 all AP boost.

• I fire off 7 powers on turn 0 and get a bunch of CDs on the field. Guys…. The field is almost completely filled with CDs and MM tiles, so on the AI’s turn FosThor barely has room to even make a charged tile and Polaris can’t make anything.
    • On my turn 1, FosThor dies before I can do anything because of the power of Drax/Coulson when the CDs expire. She-Hulk goes to half-life. I’ve got a bunch of random AP because of coulson’s other passive that gains AP when a CD expires.
    • So I fire off more of MMs yellow. The board has so many MM tiles now and there’s less room for CDs to be placed and I’m overwriting some of the CDs I’m making.
    • On AI’s turn….. this is so hilarious…… there’s so many MM tiles that the AI decides to make an MM match 3. So it does…… and NOTHING HAPPENS AND THEY LOSE THEIR TURN! 😂 😂 it’s hilarious! They don’t gain AP, no cascades. No tiles drop. They just make a match that does nothing and lose their turn!

I don’t know what happened between last night and today because before, I couldn’t make a match 3 with 3 MM tiles. The game wouldn’t allow it. The game would say “not a match”. Well now you can put 3 MM tiles together. And forfeit your turn! 😂

You guys GOTTA try this guy. It’s crazy.

Lol, cool trick.
    Fwiw, using all max vs all max.

https://streamable.com/ehinlm

• SourCream
    Options

@Jinx said:
    Yet another character Kang would be amazing with

Also max vs all max ...

https://streamable.com/fenpzw

• SourCream
    Options

Disable passive activation with his 0 AP power probably a good fix / idea ... idk ?

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options

@SourCream said:

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Yo! This character is wild! You guys gotta try this guy out.

So I’m running MM/AsDrax/AsCoulson vs FosThor/She-Hulk/AsPolaris in SS. They’re all about lvl 461.

+2 all AP boost.

• I fire off 7 powers on turn 0 and get a bunch of CDs on the field. Guys…. The field is almost completely filled with CDs and MM tiles, so on the AI’s turn FosThor barely has room to even make a charged tile and Polaris can’t make anything.
    • On my turn 1, FosThor dies before I can do anything because of the power of Drax/Coulson when the CDs expire. She-Hulk goes to half-life. I’ve got a bunch of random AP because of coulson’s other passive that gains AP when a CD expires.
    • So I fire off more of MMs yellow. The board has so many MM tiles now and there’s less room for CDs to be placed and I’m overwriting some of the CDs I’m making.
    • On AI’s turn….. this is so hilarious…… there’s so many MM tiles that the AI decides to make an MM match 3. So it does…… and NOTHING HAPPENS AND THEY LOSE THEIR TURN! 😂 😂 it’s hilarious! They don’t gain AP, no cascades. No tiles drop. They just make a match that does nothing and lose their turn!

I don’t know what happened between last night and today because before, I couldn’t make a match 3 with 3 MM tiles. The game wouldn’t allow it. The game would say “not a match”. Well now you can put 3 MM tiles together. And forfeit your turn! 😂

You guys GOTTA try this guy. It’s crazy.

Lol, cool trick.
    Fwiw, using all max vs all max.

https://streamable.com/ehinlm

"Look I know it's Christmas and we all want to go home but are we sure multiple man is OK to release? I mean he could be horrendously broken and the forums will erupt into a battle from Lord of the rings but maybe.....no...they've all gone"

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

I honestly don't care if he's broken, because he doesn't seem to be broken in a way that matters. There are several teams that provide winfinites. Even teams that win before the enemy AI ever takes a turn.

So, there's nothing happening that nerfing MM would prevent from happening with another team.

And enemy AI isn't going to use the methods described here... Which means he's beatable... Probably fairly easily beatable, because the things needed to do the broken thing won't be done by the AI.

He adds use to other characters, including ascended characters, provides incentive for using a resource in the form of boosts, and can apparently lead the way to a very long 1-3 turn win that takes more time to finish than my first marriage.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't see him affecting the game so much he needs to be nerfed.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Borstock said:

There's no chance they labbed that and thought "this is fine to release". That's the most broken thing I've ever seen.

I was worried until I watched that actually, time to resolve is SLOW vs a lot of currently "legit" teams... I GUESS this could be a menace at the very top of Sim? But what misguided fools are actually battling there?

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Dr strange is gonna have a fun time against him.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,429 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Using him in his introducing event was pretty revealing. Using full boosts with characters that do nothing I was able to get 2nd turn wins.

The most important thing is that the win condition takes no time. If you compare it to a RiRi5 aoe win the difference is like 5 seconds.
    So it may be faster for a second turn win with MM than riri5.

But this scales through all tiers. So this could be the best response to kang all away.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I amend my earlier complaint. It's still the most broken thing I've ever seen, but it is also slow. Probably not viable at a competitive level. It's probably fine.

• crakker
    crakker Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2023
    Options

I don’t understand why this is auto win - taken just after it showed the Victory banner! There are only 27 Dup tiles

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 960 Critical Contributor
    Options

@crakker said:
    I don’t understand why this is auto win - taken just after it showed the Victory banner! There are only 27 Dup tiles

The traps are Dup tiles, too.

• Jinx
    Options

There are 37. Oddly enough, some of his dupes show up traps.

• Jinx
    Options

What are you guys thinking the best combo to feed him while protecting him is? I started out using Hawkeye and my newly ascended Coulson, but that team is just too good if you throw in Gargantos. By the way, I see what people were saying about Coulson. He may have benefited more from ascension than any other character.

• cheshyre
    cheshyre Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options

Madrox v. Madrox (Madness Multiplied) gets very tiresome. A half-dozen alternating "Hit Me Again"s after every move (presumably due to Worst Enemy repeaters).
    Next time I face him, I'll bring heroes (& team-ups) who Stun.

And I'm not sure why, but sometimes I'd match-3 his trap tiles, and they just remained on the board as-is. Bug or intentional.

Did experience a new first, though: a TPK Victory. "Worst Enemy" took out my entire team and killed him. The game credited me with the win.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

@cheshyre said:

And I'm not sure why, but sometimes I'd match-3 his trap tiles, and they just remained on the board as-is. Bug or intentional.

If you can only get rid of Dupes on a match 4 and the traps count as Dupes, that could get very annoying.

• Jinx
    Options

He would make a great partner for Chasm to keep AP at 0, except that Chasm will create so many of his own specials, it would make the auto-win pretty much impossible. Maybe pair him with good defense that doesn’t use much AP like Colossus and Wanda.