What's New MPQ - January 2024 (Updated 01/18/24)

Options
124»

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    As we enter a week of boosted 4Jugg, whom everyone who can has ascended, I wish everyone good luck and to remind you that throwing your phone won't make the matches go any better.

I've "favorited" my 4Jugg for just such an occassion. I won't have my second max-champed by then, he's 338 right now, but if I really feel the sting of not having a 4* juggs I'll just bite the bullet and ascend him. OTOH I'm looking forward to trying out the buffed Moon Knight and my Crystal's a hair over 500, so I expect I'll be fine -- in which case I'll probably keep him favorited so I can get Juggs next time.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@bluewolf said:
    As we enter a week of boosted 4Jugg, whom everyone who can has ascended, I wish everyone good luck and to remind you that throwing your phone won't make the matches go any better.

I've "favorited" my 4Jugg for just such an occassion. I won't have my second max-champed by then, he's 338 right now, but if I really feel the sting of not having a 4* juggs I'll just bite the bullet and ascend him. OTOH I'm looking forward to trying out the buffed Moon Knight and my Crystal's a hair over 500, so I expect I'll be fine -- in which case I'll probably keep him favorited so I can get Juggs next time.

Getting 32 covers in 28+ weeks (when he’s boosted again) will be no problem.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    My 5 star electo and elektra looks forward to it

I'll be reliving the glorious unofficial forum contest days: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88867/unofficial-forum-contest-high-evolutionary/p1

Electro and Hevo <3

So I don't have to read 7 pages of threads, who won?? Wish I had thought of that contest!

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@S0kun said:

@rainkingucd said:

I'll be reliving the glorious unofficial forum contest days: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88867/unofficial-forum-contest-high-evolutionary/p1

Electro and Hevo <3

So I don't have to read 7 pages of threads, who won?? Wish I had thought of that contest!

It is a good read actually! The various participants managed to go higher and higher and higher until things got ridiculous.

We learned that high enough match damage can break 4* Elektra's Shadow Step. It can also break invisibility.

On page 2 someone speculated that 200M health might be impossible. By page 6, 3* Hevo had reached 2 billion health. Match damage was 3M per tile.

5* Hevo was tougher has his match damage escalated so much quicker. @Blackstone maxed him out at 92M health, with matches doing nearly 12M per tile.

We learned that health must be a 32 bit signed integer, which maxes out at 2,147,483,647. Blackstone then went past that and reset health to "1".

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

I agree with rainking, @S0kun .
    That thread is definitely worth a full read. I'm pretty sure it was my favorite thread of all 2023, and I was merely a lurker, just along for the ride.
    As was postulated shortly thereafter, we need more challenges (official or unofficial) like this.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@S0kun said:

@rainkingucd said:

Electro and Hevo <3

...you should really just read all 7 pages, it's worth your time.

The contest participants went so far above and beyond what I thought anyone would do, and had so much fun doing it -- it was really infectious and reminded me how much fun this game can be.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@S0kun said:

@rainkingucd said:

Electro and Hevo <3

...you should really just read all 7 pages, it's worth your time.

The contest participants went so far above and beyond what I thought anyone would do, and had so much fun doing it -- it was really infectious and reminded me how much fun this game can be.

S0kun definitely read it at the time. We discussed it and he mentioned that a number of others in the team were enjoying following the challenge. It was 6 months ago though, and a lot has happened since!

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

Did Kang get nerfed? I just played a match with him and if he had the other two characters away, he could not send the third. Also, when I would down the only active enemy, an away enemy would automatically come back. So no more auto win because you can’t have all enemies away at the same time.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Jinx said:
    Did Kang get nerfed? I just played a match with him and if he had the other two characters away, he could not send the third. Also, when I would down the only active enemy, an away enemy would automatically come back. So no more auto win because you can’t have all enemies away at the same time.

I just tried it and it works the same way it always has. Were you fighting Wong maybe?

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Jinx said:

Were you fighting Gorgon in Unholy alliance? He can't be sent away so for that challenge node, you need to deal with him differently than using Kang.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx said:

Or, what happens to me from time to time. There are no free basic blue tiles on the board.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

It was Gorgon, but when I downed him, the other two were away and one came back instead of winning the match. When I downed him, the same thing happened with the third enemy.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx said:
    It was Gorgon, but when I downed him, the other two were away and one came back instead of winning the match. When I downed him, the same thing happened with the third enemy.

Gorgon is immune to away.
    Don't use Kang in that node.

• bluewolf
    edited 30 January 2024, 19:04
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Jinx said:

It's not surprising that weird stuff happened when trying to use Away there as Gorgon is an NPC, and I don't think any other character is immune to Away?

Apparently the spaghetti code interpreted "this NPC character is immune to away" as "oh, there must always be an NPC character immune to Away in this match".

Maybe if Gorgon was playable they would have tested him against Kang and figured out there's an issue and tapered the effect.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Jinx said:

So...there's probably some weird bug in the interaction between Gorgon's away immunity and whatever you were trying to do.

That does not mean that Kang has been nerfed, or that there's "no more auto win."

• bluewolf
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Jinx said:

So...there's probably some weird bug in the interaction between Gorgon's away immunity and whatever you were trying to do.

That does not mean that Kang has been nerfed, or that there's "no more auto win."

I use Kang multiple times a day, and he is working as normal.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Jinx said:

It's not surprising that weird stuff happened when trying to use Away there as Gorgon is an NPC, and I don't think any other character is immune to Away?

Apparently the spaghetti code interpreted "this NPC character is immune to away" as "oh, there must always be an NPC character immune to Away in this match".

Maybe if Gorgon was playable they would have tested him against Kang and figured out there's an issue and tapered the effect.

Ultron is immune, too.
    At least I think so.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@bluewolf said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Jinx said:

Ultron is immune, too.
    At least I think so.

All the boss versions of characters are, whether they show up in a boss event or in regular PvE.