What's New MPQ - January 2024 (Updated 01/18/24)

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 21 January 2024, 14:50
    Options

A minor inconvenience I guess but I was in a MPQ mood and so disappointed all the less. I guess my Sunday afternoon will have to be occupied elsewhere...I might have to interact with my youngest god help me...

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    A minor inconvenience I guess but I was in a MPQ mood and so disappointed all the less. I guess my Sunday afternoon will have to be occupied elsewhere...I might have to interact with my youngest god help me...

Bluey solves everything

• DAZ0273
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Bluey solves everything

Oh god I wish Bluey was an option. No he is a teenager, shudder

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Bluey solves everything

As a self respecting 43 year old man you can do far worse than watching bluey
    If he really is a teenager pretend the Internet has gone down, he will lose his mind within 5 minutes that always cheers me up

• rainkingucd
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Bluey solves everything

Bluey. Solves. EVERYTHING.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Bluey solves everything

As a self respecting 43 year old man you can do far worse than watching bluey
    If he really is a teenager pretend the Internet has gone down, he will lose his mind within 5 minutes that always cheers me up

Internet down is a Defcon 1 situation. I would probably have to send him to stay with his older brother at Uni to escape the alarm whining.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Bluey solves everything

I'm more of a Charlie & Lola fan myself.

• rainkingucd
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Bluey solves everything

I'm more of a Charlie & Lola fan myself.

Anything but Peppa...

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 January 2024, 11:35
    Options

According to the calendar image, we should have seen a Classic pack poll around January 18. I haven’t seen one yet. Is one coming this month?

I think the poll and Classic weighting are some of the best things I have seen in game in terms of community interest and engagement, and player-friendly changes to the game.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I like the idea of some classics having boosted rates, but 20cp is still way too steep for me. I guess if people throw a lot of $$ and/or play for super top10 every single event, they champ all the new 5s already?

• bluewolf
    edited 24 January 2024, 13:41
    Options

As far as champing Latests:

1. With ascension you will get a lot more CP and LTs from just T50-100ish play due to reward enhancement; PVPing will help as you get 1s and 2s from match victories sometimes. So your available resources with consistent play in that range of results have gone up dramatically.
    2. If you are a vet with a lot of champed 4s you get a lot of covers from feeders, which helps a lot. Churn, baby, churn.
    3. Many 5s are barely worth champing. If you are working with anything under half the 5s champed at this point in the game and aren’t in a T25-50 alliance you should probably resign yourself to not being able to ever champ all the 5s. Maybe I’m exaggerating a bit but it would be a very long road. It’s fine if you don’t champ many of the Latests and therefore it’s a decent approach to hoard LTs once you have a cover or two for any subpar ones and use your CP in Classics.
    4. It is fairly likely that with hitting T100 in a high SCL and 25 wins in pvp you could champ a 5 within 12 weeks of release starting from 0 pulls.

Look, if you can’t pull Classics that’s fine, but it’s really good to have them weighted and cheaper than Latests, and often weighted towards better 5s than what we have in Latests.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    I like the idea of some classics having boosted rates, but 20cp is still way too steep for me. I guess if people throw a lot of $$ and/or play for super top10 every single event, they champ all the new 5s already?

I don't do either and I am not in a Top 25-50 or even Top 300 alliance but I have two of the current LL 5's (Pegor and Goose) fully covered already with them still to rotate out to enable time to hoard a bit for finishing Hunter and I already have a leg up on Hex-23. It definitely helps if you have the 4* covered for new feeders from old 4s though no doubt. And I am known to skip a PvE or three.

I also see no reason players can't catch up on Classic 5's given there are so many great vaults that give shards and bonus shards can be super generous on top of all the other things that existed before- I champed my first 5* in 2021 and since at least half way through 2022 I have been able to keep up with Latest and champ/fully cover a lot of Classics, often from very few covers. When I finish PP:SM I think I will be down to about 16 Classics left to finish - off top of my head Big Wheel, Black Widow, FA Cap, Sersi, Heimdall, Knull, Odin, Sinister, Samurai Daken, Hawkeye, Archangel, Goblin, Loki, Havok, Ronan, Cap (IW) which feels very doable - believe me I didn't have many starting from a well covered place.

• bluewolf
    edited 24 January 2024, 15:11
    Options

I'm happy to be wrong about what's possible but I think it helps a lot if you've been at least puttering along for 5-6 years or more, because eventually you would hit a point where you did cover a lot of characters and get reward churn going.

IDK how it is with dilution starting from scratch, especially if you're not going to try hard most of the time personally (putting aside alliance ranking) when you do play, to get a high enough pull rate that you can collect 13 covers for 91 5s. Special CP stores seem fairly infrequent nowadays; being willing to spend cash seems to be the quickest avenue to getting old 5s covered. The CP stores seem mostly limited to monthly offerings with new 5s although we did get the Fan Favorites and Family stores over the past 3 1/2 months.

Again it depends how long you've been at this since you can have a much deeper roster.

Without weighting your odds of pulling a specific 5 in classics would be 0.0016%. Obviously it's a terrible way to try to build your Classics, but OK if you have a lot of them champed and are getting reward churn, and a LOT better with weighting to chase those 3 if you are interested in them.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Having a rewards factory obviously helps a lot.

There were some fortunate stores that helped me such as one that had Elektra and Crystal in at the same time when I was trying to finish both. I also never neglected the 4* tier and so had that going for me too.

I imagine it is still a tough ask but it isn't as Impossible as it might have been previously if you can get on top of the LL releases.

Of course you might ask what is the point of champing PP:SM or Sinister or Goblin when they are pretty bad - why not put your resources elsewhere? I definitely get that too. For me it is finishing the journey but for others ascension might be a much better path.

• bluewolf
    Options

As we enter a week of boosted 4Jugg, whom everyone who can has ascended, I wish everyone good luck and to remind you that throwing your phone won't make the matches go any better.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    Options

My 5 star electo and elektra looks forward to it

• DAZ0273
    Options

I have all four 5s boosted this week and three of them are decent (sorry Abigail) so this should be alright.

• rainkingucd
    Options

I'll be reliving the glorious unofficial forum contest days: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88867/unofficial-forum-contest-high-evolutionary/p1

Electro and Hevo <3

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

I'll be reliving the glorious unofficial forum contest days: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88867/unofficial-forum-contest-high-evolutionary/p1

Electro and Hevo <3

I forgot about this! I had a whole list of ideas for a part 2, and a bunch of others came up with good ones too. We should absolutely run another one for the next Puzzle Gauntlet.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@rainkingucd said:

Electro and Hevo <3

I forgot about this! I had a whole list of ideas for a part 2, and a bunch of others came up with good ones too. We should absolutely run another one for the next Puzzle Gauntlet.

Loved that. Will look forward to it!