Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    The roster slots might be a mistake on a re-settable vault...

Maybe? I'm post-HP as well as -Iso, I definitely make more HP than I spend and am sitting at about 30K now. The only thing keeping me from buying out this vault every day is that I'd rather bring my whole Roster up than my highest 5 or 6 characters, and other than 5* Deadpool every single 5* cover and shard in the vault are above 500 on my roster. I really have no interest in hitting 550 unless they implement a game after that -- I'd rather play boosted 5*s with the occasional synergistic 500+ than play the same 550s every week.

While the Roster slots are high value, the 5* covers and shards are much more so, particularly since these 5*s are arguably the best in the game.

If you're worried about hitting 550 making you play the same 550's every week, don't be. I have 3 550's now and a few getting close and I'm still using boosted characters every week. All having 550's does is give you extra options. If it's a bad boost week you have your 550's to lean on. If a character is boosted and one of their best partners isn't, but you have them at 550 you can still make good use of that team. When your 550 is on the boost list and is boosted to lvl 672 it makes things extra fun (I had my 550 BRB boosted last week and now I'm enjoying having my 550 Apocalypse boosted to lvl 672 this week)

The only way you'll be stuck using the same 550's week in and week out is if you're one of the hardcore pve players that have the optimal pve characters at 550 with the optimal supports, but since you don't have any 550's yet you're likely not in that boat.

Having some 550's just opens extra doors to play around with more characters. And if the time ever comes that they decide to make 5 stars ascendable, you'll be a step ahead of most other players.

I'm mostly concerned about borking my MMR which is such a mysterious background stat anyway. I'm actually not that close to 550 to be honest - my top three are Bill, Okoye, and MThor at 527, 527, and 526 respectively. Shang is at 520, Kang and OR at 518, and Apoc at 516, and I have 6 more at varying levels down to 500. I probably shouldn't be that worried about it but at this point I don't think I'll make it a priority either.

I invested in all the daily deals today. I'll decide on how I want to proceed with the vault if it's still there tomorrow -- at this point it seems likely it was no mistake which is wild.

I honestly didn't notice much difference in my mmr when I got my first 550.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023
    Options

I know this question doesn't belong in this thread, but I'm gonna ask anyway since I'm pretty sure anyone in here can answer it. I have an ascended Polaris. I favourited her for shards, but when I pulled a couple of LT's, the shards went to a random 5*. Anyone know why?

On topic : this vault rocks.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Polaris isn't a 5*.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 962 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Dogface said:
    I know this question doesn't belong in this thread, but I'm gonna ask anyway since I'm pretty sure anyone in here can answer it. I have an ascended Polaris. I favourited her for shards, but when I pulled a couple of LT's, the shards went to a random 5*. Anyone know why?

When you favorite an ascended character, the shards are for their base level. So your ascended Polaris will get and use 4* shards, not 5* shards.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

If four star polareses where shardable at ascended levels at 400 shards per level we would be having a lot of 550 s running in the wild then the week would be unplayable literally with ascended rocket lols

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Options

Second day in a row I failed to get the Okoye cover. Got it the first day, and need only one more to champ her finally. Twelve more shots so I know it's inevitable, but I just want it over and done with. Quick rant over.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

spent more up to 12 slots... but even this great deal cant get me to play that much
    one time i had like 220000 hp down to 84000 but up to like 407 slots

would rather did this then blew almost 50k on slots

• Dogface
    Options

@mani82 said:
    If four star polareses where shardable at ascended levels at 400 shards per level we would be having a lot of 550 s running in the wild then the week would be unplayable literally with ascended rocket lols

You still need 4x400 shards to gain 1 5* level, so I'm not seeing how this is different from ascending with 4 4* Polaris covers.

• Dogface
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@Dogface said:

When you favorite an ascended character, the shards are for their base level. So your ascended Polaris will get and use 4* shards, not 5* shards.

So if I understand correctly, if I favourite ascended Polaris I should get 15 of her 4* shards and 3 5* shards for the 'real' 5* I have set as favourite.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Dogface said:

@MoosePrime said:

@Dogface said:

So if I understand correctly, if I favourite ascended Polaris I should get 15 of her 4* shards and 3 5* shards for the 'real' 5* I have set as favourite.

Yes.
    Ascended chars act like their base variants when it comes to shards.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Dogface said:

@MoosePrime said:

@Dogface said:

Yep. Go wild!

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Dogface said:

@mani82 said:

You still need 4x400 shards to gain 1 5* level, so I'm not seeing how this is different from ascending with 4 4* Polaris covers.

Sorry did not mean to insinuate you or anything i was just saying if shards worked like that the game would go bonkers and as mooseprime mentioned you l still get the polaris shards at four star level and five star shards fro your favourited regular direct five star or a random direct five star if u don’t have any five star favourited

• Dogface
    Options

I figured that once you ascended a 4* to a 5*, you'd get the shards in the 5* way, so 3 for a LT/CT and 500 of those shards to level up. I hadn't really paid attention to the shard-o-meter in ascended characters.
    Now that I've done the math, the 1600 4* shards needed to level are still cheaper than the 500 5* shards, so that's nice.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,074 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It doesn’t really jive with the “They are now a new 5* character” statements, so I could see the confusion.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,573 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

They probably have to do shards this way because otherwise you could just keep a lower star version and double dip.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

So what's everyones approach on this? Daily 40x+10x+1x and then reset for 500? Or do you still do the 5/300HP pulls and reset for free?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think it would depend on what was left? But my impulse would be to reset.

There are limited days left. I’d take advantage of the daily deals to maximize the hp-to-premium stuff ratio/odds.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I've been resetting, except for today since I didn't pull Okoye until the end. Only enough HP for tomorrow though, then I'm probably finished with this vault. Probably the best vault ever.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I decided to hit it 3 times so had enough for buying the remaining days at 100HP each and waiting for a free reset. On the last one, I'll need to decide whether to buy a couple of the remaining items for 300 each.