December Deals Vault

Options
GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards

I just logged in after the Vaults and other deals reset at Noon EST and see this "December Deals Vault."

Holy tinykitty! Is it just me, or does this look like a prize vault or something. I wonder if someone made a mistake...

Comments

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

That does look pretty good.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

5 covers for 5★: Deadpool, Chasm, Kang, Okoye, Kitty Pryde
    6 shards (250) for 5★: Shang-Chi, Beta Ray Bill, Mighty Thor
    9 covers for 4★: Wolverine, Juggernaut, America Chavez
    5 covers for 3★: Kamala Khan, Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Iron Man, Kang
    4 roster slots
    Mysterio Costume
    18 Latest Legends Tokens
    4 Iso-8 (5,000)
    2 Iso-8 (2,500)
    2 Red Iso-8 (1,000)

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

Really awesome vault. Thanks devs!

• GrimSkald
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    5 covers for 5★: Deadpool, Chasm, Kang, Okoye, Kitty Pryde
    6 shards (250) for 5★: Shang-Chi, Beta Ray Bill, Mighty Thor
    9 covers for 4★: Wolverine, Juggernaut, America Chavez
    5 covers for 3★: Kamala Khan, Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Iron Man, Kang
    4 roster slots
    Mysterio Costume
    18 Latest Legends Tokens
    4 Iso-8 (5,000)
    2 Iso-8 (2,500)
    2 Red Iso-8 (1,000)

Mine appears to be exactly the same. I guess none of it is random.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

This is literally like the best vault in a long time even beating the last year 9th anniversary vaults they are giving four roster slots plus 500 hp from mysterio costume after first purchase ;it means all the rest of the vault is free if u were planning to buy roster slots with hp now (6200 hp netting almost all the vault contents )something is gonna give here

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thank you everyone for pointing out that this is too good.
    If the devs weren't aware already, you've certainly made them aware now.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

@mani82 said:
    it means all the rest of the vault is free if u were planning to buy roster slots with hp now (6200 hp netting almost all the vault contents)

...provided you're currently sitting on thousands of HP and didn't already spend it on Roster Slots ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Minor quibble, and this applies to all Vaults, but I do wish they actually understood how the allure of bulk pricing is supposed to work, and the devs changed it so that tokens got cheaper the more you invested up-front, not more expensive...
    1 = 100 HP / token
    10 = 1,200 HP = 120 HP / token
    40 = 5,000 HP = 125 HP / token

• GrimSkald
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Thank you everyone for pointing out that this is too good.
    If the devs weren't aware already, you've certainly made them aware now.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Meh. I'm pretty sure enough of the devs play the game and/or have friends and family who do, so if this was a mistake I'm sure it would get back to them pretty quickly.

OTOH I'm sure there are a ton of people who read the forums wouldn't have otherwise noticed the vault, so getting the information out there before it's changed has a value, I think.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options

I reset the vault because I was curious if anything would change. Contents stay exactly the same, but the color of the 5* and 3* covers change. So if anyone is still trying to cover any of these, your not gonna get the same color each vault clear.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Awesome.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@meadowsweet said:

@mani82 said:
    it means all the rest of the vault is free if u were planning to buy roster slots with hp now (6200 hp netting almost all the vault contents)

...provided you're currently sitting on thousands of HP and didn't already spend it on Roster Slots ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Minor quibble, and this applies to all Vaults, but I do wish they actually understood how the allure of bulk pricing is supposed to work, and the devs changed it so that tokens got cheaper the more you invested up-front, not more expensive...
    1 = 100 HP / token
    10 = 1,200 HP = 120 HP / token
    40 = 5,000 HP = 125 HP / token

The point of these is that you can't buy the entire vault by using singles, so you have to buy one of the more expensive bundles. And with such a great vault, most people who can afford it, will buy the 40-packs again and again.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Aiming to empty this 13 times. The anniversary vault I was hoping for.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Aiming to empty this 13 times. The anniversary vault I was hoping for.

Not the anniversary vault we got but the one we deserved, lol

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

One vault to top all of anniversary. Ty to the devs for letting me pay more money to empty it. Lol, oh well

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

It’s a great way for folks to fatten their stack for 550 hoard breaks next year; so there’s that

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options

For me personally, I still prefer the vaults with the four 100 5* favorite shards. It's better for my roster needs. Now with that being said, I have every intention of buying 51/56 items every night when the costs resets.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah it's amazing value, considering I will empty it 13 or 14 times and get at least 52 roster slots and 234LT. Anything else is a bonus. Should get my first 550.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Because > @Tony_Foot said:

Yeah it's amazing value, considering I will empty it 13 or 14 times and get at least 52 roster slots and 234LT. Anything else is a bonus. Should get my first 550.

I’ll already be sitting on easily 30+ open roster slots when everyone is ascendable. I have the big three (Shang/Jane/Kang) at 550 already (my only 550s). And I have over 1500 LTs. And I still plan to buy this out as much as possible. I imagine I’ll not need to buy a slot for literal years after this expires (sorry devs).

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The devs are really hoping people actually spend money instead of just drawing down their HP banks…..

Good luck keeping things going once a slew of vets are sitting pretty with roster slots and high level characters.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

I think they’ll be fine. Most vets were probably already sitting on 550 characters and a slew of roster spots. Thanks to ascension.

While this vault absolutely helps the rich get richer, I think it was aimed at those players wanting to break into that upper echelon. The mid-level players who will absolutely spend money on hero points in order to buy this vault out repeatedly.m

I’ll speak for myself as a “vet” and say as someone who basically wants for nothing at this point in the game I could be ftp forever at this point and likely be fine. So goodwill gestures like the Nico/Hunter thing or vaults like this are the exact thing that are likely to get me to spend real world money on an offer I might’ve passed on otherwise, just to give support and say thanks. If any other folks at my level think that way, then they’ll see a revenue increase that way as well.