Character Rebalance Survey for 2024

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    What does any of this pvp discussion have to do with character rebalancing?

Also it’s obvious there are a LOT of players who still don’t play pvp since a common daily quest is “play one pvp match”.

Pvp is for many players just about fighting the same meta teams repeatedly. And most players, especially if they aren’t 5-10 year vets, have limited options to fight those teams. These matches often get long for those players.

Pvp also tends to drain health packs and if you aren’t already at the top of the roster heap and can own the leaderboards, odds are you never will be at this point.

This is precisely why wins was introduced some 5 years ago. Between the need for outside coordination for good placement (generally) and that time sink - and the fact that if you don’t already have a super high end roster you almost never will be chasing good placement -they had to make grinding for progression possible to keep engagement up.

Wow! I was always ranking t50 in pvp reaching 1200 points with apocalypse 465 level and SW 455 and I never kew I was owning a super high end roster.
    If you make progress and you know how to hop shields you can do all that without wins.
    What you are saying, on the other hand, perfectly applies to someone softcapping their progress.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bad said:

@bluewolf said:
    if you don’t already have a super high end roster you almost never will be chasing good placement

I was always ranking t50 in pvp reaching 1200 points with apocalypse 465 level and SW 455 and I never kew I was owning a super high end roster.

Is top 50 "good placement"?

(it would be exceptional for me, I just wonder what the forum opinion is)

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited November 2023
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    It’s hilarious to me how this Deep State PVP Illuminati is out there running secret operations beneath the bland veneer of most of us chasing progression, not reading any names at all.

If anything I'm underselling the extent of the Deep State PvP Illuminati. How do you think the guys at the top of your bracket are scoring 3500 or 5000 points every event? At least I'm not one of THOSE people!

Before turning the gun on himself....

Maybe the authorities should go full Minority Report on EB?
    I hear it starts with killing small animals, progresses to beating on specific people in MPQ PvP for pleasure…
    Who can say when EB will take the next step??

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DrClever said:

@Bad said:

@bluewolf said:
    if you don’t already have a super high end roster you almost never will be chasing good placement

I was always ranking t50 in pvp reaching 1200 points with apocalypse 465 level and SW 455 and I never kew I was owning a super high end roster.

Is top 50 "good placement"?

(it would be exceptional for me, I just wonder what the forum opinion is)

Nah, anything below t25 is kinda worthless.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    So...character rebalancing, eh?

I'll take either Sinister or Strange. For Sinister...well, Trap tiles as a whole needs some tweaking. Plus, as other forumites pointed out when he was released, Sinister is known for playing very elaborate, long-term games and his schemes. Trap tiles are decidedly not that. For Strange, he badly needs a health boost (plus the presumed match damage boost). His Purple and Yellow active are way too expensive. Even 3* Strange's Purple is superior to 5* Strange's.

All of the above is needed, I agree with Mr. Rocks entirely.

• tylenol4
    tylenol4 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

I dunno, I think that's still a bit of a spoiler.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

TheOneWhoSpoilsWithoutKnowingTheySpoiled has spoken.

Seriously dude, you could have just said you think Loki needs a rework due to recent changes without claiming something that will spoil for some when they do get around to watching it.

As for your claim and suggestion... God Emperor Doom is in the game and is less effective than multiple nonpowered characters. You're going to need to make a better argument than "they have this power, so they need to be better" (paraphrasing).

I hope this was helpful.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,955 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:
    On a personal note, if it were my decision to make, I honestly would update the forum rules to perma-ban people who post spoilers about films or TV shows. No breaches of forum etiquette irritate me more. 😡

Wow, that's harsh. Presumably you'd have a time limit on how new something is to be considered a spoiler so that if someone posted something about the ending of the original Iron Man movie they wouldn't be banned for life!

KGB

• DAZ0273
    Options

@KGB said:

@Scofie said:
    On a personal note, if it were my decision to make, I honestly would update the forum rules to perma-ban people who post spoilers about films or TV shows. No breaches of forum etiquette irritate me more. 😡

Wow, that's harsh. Presumably you'd have a time limit on how new something is to be considered a spoiler so that if someone posted something about the ending of the original Iron Man movie they wouldn't be banned for life!

KGB

I think it is pretty obvious what the difference is between 15 years and a month or so.

• TheOneWhoRemains
    TheOneWhoRemains Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

Okay, sorry everyone, I didn't think this was a big deal to mention. I didn't intend to ruin anyone's experience. I will try to be careful with my words whenever I make a comment. as the humor genius said above, I should have just said "with the recent changes".

End of discussion.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,150 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@TheOneWhoRemains said:
    Okay, sorry everyone, I didn't think this was a big deal to mention. I didn't intend to ruin anyone's experience. I will try to be careful with my words whenever I make a comment. as the humor genius said above, I should have just said "with the recent changes".

End of discussion.

No worries - honest mistake. I've fake unbanned you. 😉

I'm still really annoyed by the opening night spoilers for GotG3 (that I can't bring myself to watch until I've forgotten what the spoiler was). I should probably let that go now....

• Blackstone
    Options

That's the first time I've been called a "humor genius".

Thank you.

I know I'm not funny. If anything I come off as blunt when I mean to be helpful, and rude when I'm going for sarcasm/humor.

I'm also certain you intended this description of me sardonically... Which I totally get as I could have worded my comment in a gentler fashion, leaving out that first part altogether... But I still appreciate it nonetheless.

Apologies if I offended.

We all make mistakes, I think you're handling this one well. I mean that.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,150 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@Scofie said:

KGB

I take your point, but

It's really not that hard... 😜

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Scofie said:

@TheOneWhoRemains said:

End of discussion.

I'm still really annoyed by the opening night spoilers for GotG3 (that I can't bring myself to watch until I've forgotten what the spoiler was). I should probably let that go now....

Dude you're missing out. GotG3 is far and away the best MCU movie since Endgame (yes, I place it above No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness, both of which I thoroughly enjoyed, and both of which have plenty of plot holes, whereas GotG has almost none I can think of). Don't let spoilers ruin the overall movie for you!

• Blackstone
    Options

@Scofie said:

@TheOneWhoRemains said:

End of discussion.

I didn't watch GOTG3 because I was so disappointed in BP2 and especially Quantumania I just assumed Guardians and anything else release this year would be poorly written as well.

Then I forgot about it.

Then I remembered it and planned to watch it.

Then I saw the trailer for Marvels and didn't want to waste my time.

I can't remember any spoilers for Guardians 3, I just don't know if I can bring myself to bother starting it.

Much like some MPQ characters, I suppose I need to set a rebalance in MCU writing to have faith in their current products.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Go watch GotG3! For a Marvel movie it has a decent villain, Drax, Mantis and Nebula are fab and the soundtrack is pretty fun. It is film filled with heart and telekinetic space dogs are always awesome!

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My write in was Odin.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Borstock said:
    My write in was Odin.

I honestly can't remember what he does (or is supposed to do).

He's the only classic 5* I don't have champed, and I've never bothered favouriting him to get caught up.

Sounds like I'm not missing out.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,180 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Odin was supposed to be a 5* Original Bishop of sorts as best I can tell, but it was really hard to make it work. He needed to be both in the back and in the front somehow, and he didn’t hit very hard unless you were able to get some of his CDs to burn down for some admittedly asgardian sized strikes to appear. Honestly Move or Be Moved feels more like an Odin power thematically - take a big hit, go into Odinsleep, clap back real hard when you return.