New Feature - Champions 2.0 (Live with R287)

Options

Comments

• LurkerX_NIR
    LurkerX_NIR Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

If you have three max champs, I see you can fold two of them into the ascended character. Can the third also have its covers applied to the ascended character?

• itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

@GrimSkald said:
    I have a question - how will retroactive rewards be handled? For example, I have two 370 America Chavez. If I bind the two of them, that will get me a 475 America Chavez. Let's say down the line an actual 5* America Chavez is released -- will I get 6 retro covers (because my America Chavez is technically just 475 which has passed by those 6 covers on America Chavez,) or will I get 12 retro covers (since I could have theoretically gotten the two sets if I kept them separate?)

I have a feeling it's going to be the former, but woof, that's a non-trivial number of covers.

The answer could even be that you get 0 retro 5* covers. as the ascended version has its own rewards track, but you just beat me to ask that same question. I would certainly like to know before ascending anything.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

@GrimSkald said:
    I have a question - how will retroactive rewards be handled? For example, I have two 370 America Chavez. If I bind the two of them, that will get me a 475 America Chavez. Let's say down the line an actual 5* America Chavez is released -- will I get 6 retro covers (because my America Chavez is technically just 475 which has passed by those 6 covers on America Chavez,) or will I get 12 retro covers (since I could have theoretically gotten the two sets if I kept them separate?)

I have a feeling it's going to be the former, but woof, that's a non-trivial number of covers.

No. A 4-Star Chavez will get 5 star Retro rewards since that’s what their Champ Reward schedule is. A 5-Star Chavez has it’s own schedule of rewards, so it wouldn’t count for those.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    This is far too much for my brain to absorb and god knows how you explain this all in game.

With a new Campaign mode that awards 1108 1* covers, of course.... 😈

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think it's a wild and risky move but to me is great.
    Just let the gacha develop and multiply. After 10 year everyone thought they won't "ascend" more in the game. But with this system, every cover is important at every tier.
    Just get around a thousand covers of a character and rock it all, DDQ, pvp, and maybe pve. And it's the product of your effort, or time, or money so it's perfectly valid.
    If something happens devs will nerf so not really a problem knowing that.
    Now I only want more pve diversity and then I'll say that BCS is the best thing that could happen.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 390 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@IceIX said:

@GrimSkald said:

No. A 4-Star Chavez will get 5 star Retro rewards since that’s what their Champ Reward schedule is. A 5-Star Chavez has it’s own schedule of rewards, so it wouldn’t count for those.

So if I combine my 2 max champed 4 * R&G and later they become a feeder I will get 0 retro rewards?

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

Hopefully they will take a look at Milestone quests. They can add in some ascension milestones.

I’m really looking forward to this. I love fiddling with my roster. This should provide lots to fiddle with.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:

@GrimSkald said:

Right, but only one? If I kept them separate, then I could have theoretically gotten more...

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So, you basically want four 4*s at 370. Two to keep for possible retro rewards and two to Ascend. I think my first Acension will be in 2027.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

Just looked at the first batch list.... Wondering if there will actually be a Sentry Meta 2.0.

My wife will outpace me on having ascended characters... But I will totally rely on her to find out what's working well.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

We going to run Balance of Power one last time as a test to see if this is as fun as we think?

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Now that they can be leveled all the way up, are there going to be new 1-Star and 2-Star characters coming?
    Certainly possible. Remember though that 1 and 2-Star characters by design are more simplistic in their gameplay. So I wouldn’t expect Marvel characters that would by nature be more complex, like Mephisto or Daimon Hellstrom to be coming as a 1-Star.

Thank you for mentioning Mephisto and Daimon. They've been on my wishlist for a long time and I hope the devs took in my suggestion of a halloween themed 10 year anniversary alliance event - Monsters Unleashed :smile:

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited September 2023
    Options

So if the ascended characters have generic (non-specific) rewards, and those rewards include *-star rewards... does that mean Favorite Shards as rewards?

Edit: No. ice answered on discord. Don’t want him to have to answer here too.

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What a horribly convoluted way to try and sell more roster slots.

If you actually wanted to let people use their favourites at all levels, you should have set it up so a 1* ascended to 5* could actually be used at any of the 5 tiers as needed and would just be treated as a max champion on the lower tiers without you needing to have multiple versions of the same champion outside of those needed for binding.

Even before you get started, you'd need 3 lots of a champion before you'd want to ascend, one to ascend, one to bind and one to be used at the original rank.

Such a horrible system, that ironically would have actually worked quite well for the horribly neglected supports since you can only use one of those at a time.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I like the idea but the math makes it a terrible deal to ever bind your characters.

The above analysis (I think) also leaves out the rewards from selling the maxed character too, which you lose on binding.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options

Two questions:
    1) Will any ascended toons be feeders? For example, will a 3* that is ascended to a 4* offer any champ rewards for 5* shards or covers? Or are the awards all non-character based (e.g., ISO, HP, LTs, etc)?
    2) Are the ascended champ rewards adjusted for the extra covers required? For example, if I ascend a 4* to 5*, will one champ reward for that ascended character be roughly equivalent to 4 champ rewards for an un-ascended 4*? Or am I forfeiting 75% of the champ level rewards to keep leveling them?

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Once again, I'm really, really glad that I've been getting 20% more 4* covers for 8 years or whatever, instead of playing the "optimal" way.

I should have a bunch of new 550s Day 1!

You won't

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Punter1 said:
    The offset in rewards for 4* vs ascended 4* as 5* doesn't seem worth it.

Going from 450 to 550 as an ascended 4*, takes 400 4* covers. For that you get 220k ISO, 25 LT, 20k HP and 625CP

For the same 400 covers you can take a 4* 3.5 times to max 370. Getting 390k ISO, 35 LT - or 14LT and 21 5* on a feeder, 14k HP and 875 CP (ISH)

I don’t think the retrun on investment value is the proposition. It’s taking a character that is useful, but underwhelming (low health, low damage, useful power set), and providing a method to increase their health and damage while maintaining their usefulness.

This is potentially especially useful for folks who transition to higher tiers, but who had characters and play methods that they relied on and want to continue to utilize. So instead of abandoning those previously built lower tier characters, this is an option to bring them along with you as you progress.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It's hard to sell it as "a option to bring them along with you as you progress" when it actively slows down your own ability to progress by being a terrible value proposition in terms of your in-game currencies.