New Feature - Champions 2.0 (Live with R287)

Options

Comments

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@raber18 said:
    Not sure if I missed it, but will there be level up rewards for ascended characters?

From the FAQ:
    Does this mean that I don’t use farms anymore?
    That’s kind of up to you. Characters that are leveling at higher rarities will be getting generic rewards at that rarity (so a character leveling at 4-star will be getting the “normal” set of 4-Star Champion Rewards). So if you’re looking for specific character covers from Champion Rewards, it’s worth it to keep a slot for that character. It also means that you can use lower tiered covers for higher rewards. IE, Iron Man (Model 40) normally earns 3-Star rewards as a Champion. But if you Ascend him to 4-Star, that 4-Star Iron Man’s rewards will be 4-Stars, and you’ll be using 3-Star covers to get them.

So the way I read this is that you’ll get the “normal” rewards for a 4 star, but obviously you won’t get any feeder covers or shards. So you’ll get an LT instead (or something similar). Whatever the standard rewards for a non-feeder are is what we’ll be getting for ascended characters.

• The_dogma
    The_dogma Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

I think this was answered but I’m not totally clear. Let’s say I have a max champ 3* Thanos and another at 237. Can I use the second, already-champed cover to Ascend the first? Was that the bit about extra covers, where all my champ levels from the second would count towards the first? Or can I only use a max level, non-championed character for ascension?

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@The_dogma said:
    I think this was answered but I’m not totally clear. Let’s say I have a max champ 3* Thanos and another at 237. Can I use the second, already-champed cover to Ascend the first? Was that the bit about extra covers, where all my champ levels from the second would count towards the first? Or can I only use a max level, non-championed character for ascension?

Yes, that’s the extra cover answer.

• raber18
    raber18 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Xception81 said:

@raber18 said:
    Not sure if I missed it, but will there be level up rewards for ascended characters?

From the FAQ:
    Does this mean that I don’t use farms anymore?
    That’s kind of up to you. Characters that are leveling at higher rarities will be getting generic rewards at that rarity (so a character leveling at 4-star will be getting the “normal” set of 4-Star Champion Rewards). So if you’re looking for specific character covers from Champion Rewards, it’s worth it to keep a slot for that character. It also means that you can use lower tiered covers for higher rewards. IE, Iron Man (Model 40) normally earns 3-Star rewards as a Champion. But if you Ascend him to 4-Star, that 4-Star Iron Man’s rewards will be 4-Stars, and you’ll be using 3-Star covers to get them.

So the way I read this is that you’ll get the “normal” rewards for a 4 star, but obviously you won’t get any feeder covers or shards. So you’ll get an LT instead (or something similar). Whatever the standard rewards for a non-feeder are is what we’ll be getting for ascended characters.

Thanks! Clearly my reading comprehension has only continued to deteriorate with age

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

I think I read this right - from a farming side - you'll need 300 covers to get an ascended 3* as 4* from 270 to 370, collecting generic rewards along the way.

Alternate is you leave your 3* as 3* and for those same 300 covers almost go through levels 166-266 3 times. Is there 3 times as much rewards in 4* champ rewards?

This just seems like way too much managing. You need to max a 1* champ, then roster a dupe and get it ready, then ascend to 2*, then champ it to next max, then start again, but with 2 x 1* again to get another 2* fully maxed to merge. Now for 4* transition repeat all of the above! So I think at one point you'd have a 3*, 2* and 2x 1*. Then repeat all again for 5*, so a 4* 2x 3*, 2x 2*, and 4 x 1* - or something!! bleurgh

I think I can also turn all my dupe 3s into 4s right away, and 2s into 3s, so I'd end up with no 2*s i think. But not sure what benefit this gets me. I guess a bunch of champ rewards maybe.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@IceIX said:

@LavaManLee said:
    If I only need the 1* covers to upgrade a 1* (even if at 5* level) and the 2* covers to upgrade a 2*, doesn't this inherently mean upgrading a 1* to 550 will be quickest, 2* second quickest, etc? Doesn't that defeat the whole point of scarcity? Maybe I am reading it wrong.

Takes a LOT of covers and combinations to get a 1-Star to 5. Not going to be an immediate thing.

Yes, but 1* covers rain like crazy and given out left and right all over the place. And there are only so many of the 1s. It shouldn't take long for those daily players in PVE/PVP/DDQ/LightningRound to get 1*s to 5 fairly quickly. I could be wrong, but I think you might not realize how many 1 covers we get daily that (for now) I just sell.

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

The more I think about this, the more excited I am by it. This will change a lot of strategies. I’m terrified by what some of the power sets will look like when ascended though. (4* rogue being the first, but there are others).

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

This is interesting. This looks like a way to get soft-cappers to go to the next tier without sacrificing the characters they love.

Are there plans to increase cover and shard rewards since it'll take much more resources to ascend tiers?

Also, I'm curious how they'll scale. We might see more 3* Dr. Strange ascended to 5* than the actual 5*. It's gonna be interesting

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Let’s

GOOOOO!!

It’s about to be the Wild West again! I’m pumped about this!

• whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options

Do you get retroactive leveling-up rewards if you bind a character with many covers? If I have two rogues, one max-champed and one at level 300, and I bind them together to ascend, do I retroactively get the rewards I would have received from levels 270-300? Or are those rewards “lost.”

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Uh...I..um...WHAT.

This is wild. Pretty sure this is gonna break a whole bunch of stuff.

• CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So just to be clear.

Looking through my roster, the only 4* on the initial list I have a duplicate max champ of (currently, I’m sure I’ve sold several in the past) is Medusa. Would I be able to ascend her to the 5* tier and immediately gain 25 (100/4) levels, bringing her to level 475 and also receiving the 5* champion rewards from 450>475? And in addition to all the 4* champion rewards the dupe has already generated.

Seems a pretty good deal if so, but as always, whilst a lots of ascended 4*s will be fun in the players hands, I can see a 550 Rogue (amongst others) being an absolute nightmare to face!

With that said, for all but the mega whales, it seems building up a 4* to an ascended 550 5* would be a very slow process, even if you were to exclusively BH that 4*.

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

@whoami said:
    Do you get retroactive leveling-up rewards if you bind a character with many covers? If I have two rogues, one max-champed and one at level 300, and I bind them together to ascend, do I retroactively get the rewards I would have received from levels 270-300? Or are those rewards “lost.”

From discord. Yes they apply at the ratio of the next tier.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

If it takes 2 (or more) 1* covers to add a level to an ascended 1* character, do we need to have both on hand to do the upgrade? Or will we be able to apply one, and then at a later time apply the other?

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

So when is the 5* ascension plan going to be shown cause there is no way it’s not out there

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

Y'all couldn't make some new story modes instead? Ya know, something most player actually want. I do not like this at all and I won't be binding and ascending anything.

• SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options

@IceIX said:

@ArchusMonk said:
    For the DDQ node that requires a specific 4*, 3*, and 2*, will the ascended versions work or will we need to keep a copy for that?

EDIT: I see the answer for PVE, so still wondering about DDQ.

DDQ is PVE. It's just solo PVE, so still applies.

How match damage change from 4 to 5*?

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Will the sent team ups be based on their base ascended form? Or their base form before ascension?

Example

I have a level 300 4* ascended hit monkey. Will the team-up be based on his 266 lvl 4* version? Or his original 166 3* version?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How will boosts work?
    Flat boosts of 100 levels even to ascended chars?
    No boosts, because they're already past 479?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Y'all couldn't make some new story modes instead? Ya know, something most player actually want. I do not like this at all and I won't be binding and ascending anything.

You'll be "forced" to when you get beat down in PvP cause the featured 3-Star will be populated with 4-and-5 Star ascended versions. With PvE, you'll certainly lose rank for the same reasons.

That's basically what happened when Champion 1.0 was released