New Feature - Champions 2.0 (Live with R287)

Options

Comments

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

So who is going to be the first to 550 a 3-Star to see what happens when you get matched with a 550 5-Star? Volunteer needed.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Y'all couldn't make some new story modes instead? Ya know, something most player actually want. I do not like this at all and I won't be binding and ascending anything.

You'll be "forced" to when you get beat down in PvP cause the featured 3-Star will be populated with 4-and-5 Star ascended versions. With PvE, you'll certainly lose rank for the same reasons.

That's basically what happened when Champion 1.0 was released

Only thing this will "force" me to do is stop playing.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

@liminal_lad said:
    I don't have an active PVE event open. Does the 3-star PVE node say "Black widow (Grey Suit) required" or "3* Black Widow required?"

Currently, any character required node is ONLY character required and any rarity required node is ONLY rarity required.

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

@IceIX said:
    Sure, there’s Spider-Man (Bag-Man), but it’s not the same.

Wwwwwhat. :| Sir, I'll have you know that a 5* Bag-Man is my new long-term goal, as soon it's possible to do-so. ^___^

I've been playing since launch, and this is exactly the sort of shot in the arm that'll keep me playing another 10 years. Thanks for this!!! Really looking forward to seeing how it plays out / shakes up all game modes for myself and others.

• Kusik73
    Kusik73 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options

So my serious question with the 2.0 system is why bother releasing anything new other than 1 stars since all toons can be raised to 550?

• IceIX
    Options

@whoami said:
    Do you get retroactive leveling-up rewards if you bind a character with many covers? If I have two rogues, one max-champed and one at level 300, and I bind them together to ascend, do I retroactively get the rewards I would have received from levels 270-300? Or are those rewards “lost.”

Yes, same as if you Champed a character with Saved Covers. They all auto apply at once and give the rewards. > @MoosePrime said:

If it takes 2 (or more) 1* covers to add a level to an ascended 1* character, do we need to have both on hand to do the upgrade? Or will we be able to apply one, and then at a later time apply the other?

Yes, it works just like Saved Covers. So you can shove in 1 or 2 covers and keep them from dying on the vine. > @SolidQ said:

@IceIX said:

@ArchusMonk said:
    For the DDQ node that requires a specific 4*, 3*, and 2*, will the ascended versions work or will we need to keep a copy for that?

EDIT: I see the answer for PVE, so still wondering about DDQ.

DDQ is PVE. It's just solo PVE, so still applies.

How match damage change from 4 to 5*?

Match damage for Ascended characters is based around that tier, and 5s are based around current match damage amounts. So expect somewhere in the range of 900-1050 for highest match damage for most Ascended characters. > @Tiger_Wong said:

Will the sent team ups be based on their base ascended form? Or their base form before ascension?

Example

I have a level 300 4* ascended hit monkey. Will the team-up be based on his 266 lvl 4* version? Or his original 166 3* version?

Based on whichever version you send. So the Ascended will send Ascended TUs.> @Bowgentle said:

How will boosts work?
    Flat boosts of 100 levels even to ascended chars?
    No boosts, because they're already past 479?

Boosts will work the same as they would work for any character in that rarity tier. IE, an Ascended 4 will get the same boost a natural 4 would get.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You mean to tell me I can get Rogue to 5* and her match damage and ability damage to match up with the 5* tier?

Sign
    Me
    Up

Let’s goooooo!!

• IceIX
    Options

@Kusik73 said:
    So my serious question with the 2.0 system is why bother releasing anything new other than 1 stars since all toons can be raised to 550?

Because there's a LOT more effort involved in getting a level 1 character to 5-Star than there is in pulling 1 5-Star cover. Also, characters of lower rarity tend to be much less complex. You're not going to see Chasm level, or even Polaris level complexity with a 1-Star character.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

I think you need 1,108 x 1* covers to get a 1>5

Based on their graphic you need 16x level 50 1* s (16x13 covers + iso) to make 8x 2* = 208
    You then need to 4 of those 2* to max level at 1:1 covers = 4x50 = 200
    Then of the 2x max champ 3s at 1:2 cover swap = 100x2x2 = 400
    Then 1 max 4* at 1:3 exchange = 300

Then 500 more after you get a 5* to get a 550 1*

At one point you will need 5 active copies of the character. Max 4*, Max 3*, Max 2* and 2 x 1*

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,977 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

Why no Ascended 5* (up to 6*, presumably)? I'd like to make use of the duplicates of my 550s.

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options

Woof. Well let's see how it goes I guess. This could get messy real quick, and people will start to get annoyed with roster slot costs again. Resources will be tight, but I guess that drives sales?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Why no Ascended 5* (up to 6*, presumably)? I'd like to make use of the duplicates of my 550s.

That's part of Champion 3.0

• Kusik73
    Kusik73 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options

@IceIX said:

@Kusik73 said:

Because there's a LOT more effort involved in getting a level 1 character to 5-Star than there is in pulling 1 5-Star cover. Also, characters of lower rarity tend to be much less complex. You're not going to see Chasm level, or even Polaris level complexity with a 1-Star character.

I'm not sure if I 100% agree with the effort difference between getting 1* to 550 and a 5* to 550. You're correct that it will require a lot more covers but I get significantly more opportunities to pull a 1/2/3 star cover than 4 star and even less to pull a 5* cover. The opportunity ratio has to be greater than 10:1 even with a player at the 5* level. Is it 10 times harder to get a 1* to 550 that a natural 5*?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,677 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is far too much for my brain to absorb and god knows how you explain this all in game.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not for me, I will be a champion level soft capper and keep on as I am. Sure it's great for the top end of the game sitting on multiple champed 4s already. There's some super annoying 4 that can join those 5*s.

There's very few 3* I could get to 5* in anything like a meaningful timeframe. So I will just keep on hoarding for 6*. There's so much more I'd rather have had, new pves Clearance levels for boss events, even more reworks and balances but if others are happy good for them.

I will keep on farming and if they ever chuck in what's threatened ascended events then I just stop playing. That would be an idiotic idea.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,677 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

But I was right - this is about roster slots.