New Feature - Champions 2.0 (Live with R287)

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Balance of Power gives everyone every character at 550.

This does...not do that. This gives everyone the ability to get all characters to 550, but, like, a lot of folks aren't gonna get there ever, and some of us are gonna get there a lot faster than others.

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options

@StitchyImp said:
    Wait...let's say I bind 2 3* Psylockes and ascend to a 4* like in the posts example but then I want to make her a 5*. If I'm reading the ascension tree right....I would need to recruit two more 3* Psylocks, bind them into a 4*, then bind that new 4* to the one I already have to ascend to 5*....

That means I would need a total of 4 Psylocks. So theoretically my 1 new 5* Psylock roster slot would technically cost 4800 coins....

A 5* slot now costs 4800 coins not to mention the ISO all of which would be more than just recruiting a 5* rarity character...

Coins and ISO will need to grow proportionate to the game otherwise this just feels like a way to get people to pay more.

Please tell me I'm wrong!

You don't lose the slots, they free up when you eat the toon, so you only need three slots to make a 3* into a 5*

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2023
    Options

Will costumes be specific to the name or the rarity?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@axmoss said:
    Will costumes be specific to the name or the rarity?

The Name

• bigcaktus
    bigcaktus Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

Will a 1* or 2* champion ascended to a 3* (at least) be able to be equiped with a support ?

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 460 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@bigcaktus said:
    Will a 1* or 2* champion ascended to a 3* (at least) be able to be equiped with a support ?

No, only organic 3-stars onwards.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm not going out of my way to make a 1 star a 5 star.
    When balance if power is around , I rarely use 1 star characters during it.
    I've noticed they are now selling roster slot tokens in some of the deals and the biggest issue this will create will be around roster slots.
    Until roster slots get cheaper, or duplicate characters don't consume an additional roster slot, I don't think I'll be investing in champ 2.0. I barely have enough resources to keep up with new characters.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Since the Ascend Champ rewards do not reward covers or shards, they should have replaced it with Classic Tokens

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,224 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

well since i sold off all of my dups 1 2 and 3s so i would not have to pay 1200 tokens for slots this means nothing to me and really no reason to even try it,,, mostly a big middle finger to all of the people who had 300 slots filled and had to sell

just another reason why stop putting money into this game long ago

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options

@Bzhai said:

@bigcaktus said:

Wait, I thought ICE said all 3s or higher can get a support... as each star rating is technically a separate character (they can be balanced separately) that would imply once a 2 ascends they can have a support? Did I miss something?

• Ultrace
    Ultrace Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

@trewiltrewil said:

@Bzhai said:

@bigcaktus said:

Wait, I thought ICE said all 3s or higher can get a support... as each star rating is technically a separate character (they can be balanced separately) that would imply once a 2 ascends they can have a support? Did I miss something?

You missed nothing. The post from ICE indicates that once a character is ascended to 3* or higher, it can be equipped with supports. I would even expect that 1* Spider-Man ascended could use Spider-Man specific supports.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:
    Since the Ascend Champ rewards do not reward covers or shards, they should have replaced it with Classic Tokens

There are 2 Classic Tokens in the 3* no feeder rewards.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Where's that info from?

• entrailbucket
    edited September 2023
    Options

We really need a centralized space for all the information that the devs put out in various places.

Maybe someone could create some kind of MPQ forum?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@MoosePrime said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Where's that info from?

The spreadsheet on the first post.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@Bowgentle said:

@MoosePrime said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Where's that info from?

The spreadsheet on the first post.

...OMG.
    When your new feature takes 5000 words to explain AND an excel.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

After reading these posts, I have many points I would like to make about this:
    1. Ascending 1s, 2s and 3s will give you better rewards and is the smartest way to farm.
    2. Ascending 4
    s will give equivalent rewards but a stronger 4* to use
    3. Unfortunately, this would take a crazy amount of roster slots to ascend everyone, 5 slots per 1*, 4 slots per 2*, 3 slots per 3*, etc.
    4. Most players will not be ascending 4s anytime soon and even if they do it would take years to hit 550. Even 1s would take at least a year (unless you have a hoard of standard tokens).
    5. This is actually good for new rosters because they could ascend just a few lower tier characters really fast.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@entrailbucket said:
    We really need a centralized space for all the information that the devs put out in various places.

Maybe someone could create some kind of MPQ forum?

Am I a joke to you?
    I give this forum my all by giving you all the information that isn't correct or vaguely useful.
    Nor am I paid for my time to come up with this absolute tosh.

Sorry, have you not been receiving your paychecks? I've been paying you to come up with this absolute tosh for months now...