***** Vulture (Armor Wars) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited November 2023 in Character Details

Vulture (Armor Wars)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains, Sinister Six, Technologists

"Adrian Toomes is an amazing engineer, able to create effective technology from anything he can lay his hands on. Even with these makeshift devices, he's more than a match for the likes of Spider-Man and even the Avengers. But what happens when he's bankrolled and provided with reverse engineered Stark Tech by Justin Hammer? The result is a Vulture suit that is unlike anything Peter Parker has had to face before."

Abilities listed at level 255/450/550
Health: 16833/67660/146233

Absolute Altitude - 7 Blue AP
Vulture takes to the sky, going Airborne and taking the target with him, creating a 2-turn Hostile Skies Countdown tile. When this Countdown tile leaves the board, both characters return from Airborne, and Vulture deals 443 damage to the target for each turn they were Airborne.

If a Hostile Skies Countdown tile already exists, instead add 1 turn(s) to the tile, and Vulture deals 2 hits of 354 to the Airborne enemy.
450: 1781 damage per turn. 1424 damage. / 550: 3848 damage per turn. 3079 damage.

  • Level 2: Deal 665 damage per turn. Deal 531 damage.
    • 450: Deal 2672 damage per turn. Deal 2136 damage. / 550: Deal 5772 damage per turn. Deal 4619 damage.
  • Level 3: Deal 886 damage per turn. Deal 708 damage.
    • 450: Deal 3562 damage per turn. Deal 2848 damage. / 550: Deal 7696 damage per turn. Deal 6158 damage.
  • Level 4: Deal 1108 damage per turn. Deal 1062 damage.
    • 450: Deal 4453 damage per turn. Deal 4272 damage. / 550: Deal 9620 damage per turn. Deal 9237 damage.
  • Level 5: Deal 1772 damage per turn. Deal 1682 damage.
    • 450: Deal 7124 damage per turn. Deal 6764 damage. / 550: Deal 15392 damage per turn. Deal 14625 damage.

HStealth Hunter - 6 Purple AP
Vulture uses his speed and cunning to steal 1 AP from the enemy team, prioritizing Blue and Green. Then, Vulture goes Airborne for 2 turns.

(PASSIVE) Using the Stark stealth tech in his suit, whenever Vulture returns from being Airborne, he generates 2 Yellow AP and 1 Red AP; then he goes invisible for 1 turn.
450: No change / 550: No change

  • Level 2: Generate 1 Black AP.
    • 450: N/A / 550: N/A
  • Level 3: Steal 2 AP. Generate 2 Red AP.
    • 450: N/A / 550: N/A
  • Level 4: No change.
    • 450: N/A / 550: N/A
  • Level 5: Steal 3 AP. Generate 3 Yellow AP. Generate 2 Black AP.
  • 450: N/A / 550: N/A

Full Throttle Blast - 7 Green AP
Using the new Stark repulsor tech, Vulture unleashes a charge blast dealing 886 damage to the enemy team and destroying 3 random tiles. (Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP.) This ability drains up to 3 AP from among Yellow, Red, and Black, dealing 15% increased damage for each AP drained.

(PASSIVE) If Vulture is Airborne, this ability becomes Plummet.
450: 3561 damage / 550: 7696 damage

  • Level 2: Deals 1108 damage. Drain 4 AP.
    • 450: 4451 damage / 550: 9620 damage
  • Level 3: Destroy 4 tiles. Deal 20% increased damage.
    • 450: N/A / 550: N/A
  • Level 4: Deal 1329 damage. Drain 5 AP.
    • 450: 5342 damage / 550: 11544 damage
  • Level 5: Destroy 5 tiles. Drain 7 AP. Deals 25% increased damage.
  • 450: N/A / 550: N/A

Plummet - 7 Green AP
Vulture plummets the target to the ground destroying any Hostile Skies Countdown tiles, returning from Airborne, dealing 1550 damage, and destroying 4 random tiles. (Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP.)

(PASSIVE) If Vulture is not Airborne, this ability becomes Full Throttle Blast
450: 6232 damage / 550: 13469 damage

  • Level 2: Deals 2000 damage.
    • 450: Deal 8039 damage. / 550: Deal 17375 damage.
  • Level 3: Deals 2434 damage.
    • 450: 9784 damage / 550: 21146 damage
  • Level 4: Deals 2651 damage. Destroy 5 tiles.
    • 450: 10657 damage / 550: 23032 damage
  • Level 5: Deals 3984 damage.
  • 450: 16016 damage / 550: 34615 damage

Feeder Updates

Release Schedule

Story
Unstable ISO-8 - 8/24 - 8/27
Vulture (Armor Wars) Shards and Event Token in Placement Rewards
Vulture (Armor Wars) Event Token in Progression Rewards and Alliance Rewards

Meet Rocket and Groot - 8/27 - 8/31
Vulture (Armor Wars) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Cosmic Chaos - 8/31 - 9/4
Vulture (Armor Wars) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Versus
Feathered Fury - Vulture (Classic) - 8/24 - 8/28
Vulture (Armor Wars) Shards in Placement Rewards, Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Wings of Wrath - Vulture (Armor Wars) - 8/27 - 8/30
Vulture (Armor Wars) Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance

Offers
Skyborne Splendors Store - 8/24 - 8/28
Chance to get Vulture (Armor Wars). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Taloned Treasures Vault - 8/31 - 9/3
Chance to get Vulture (Armor Wars). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls
40 Items:
○ 1x The Early Bird Legendary Store Token
○ 1x 4-Star Vulture (Adian Toomes) cover
○ 3x Random 3-Star covers
○ 6x Heroic tokens
○ 15x Iso: 4x 2500 Iso, 6x 1000 Iso, 5x 500 Iso
○ 14x Two stars

The Early Bird Legendary Store - 8/31 - 9/3
15% chance to get Vulture (Armor Wars) , Spider-Man (Peter Parker), and Doctor Octopus (Classic)
Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

«13456710

Comments

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,679 Chairperson of the Boards

    @Punisher5784 said:
    Am I missing something? Can you use his abilities while he is airborne?

    I was also going to ask this. Based on the descriptions, he must be able to cast stuff while airborne, but nobody else can do that right now, and he doesn't have a passive that specifically says he can.

  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 547 Critical Contributor

    I really can't tell what's going on here.

    Is.... Is he good?

  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,878 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023

    Yeah I was thinking same thing about him being airborne. Looks like he will be able to fire abilities while airborne.

    I guess now that we have an official 'away' state via Kang/Mordo it makes more sense that Airborne characters can fire powers.

    I also note via the feeder updates that we are getting YET ANOTHER 4* Spiderman character to feed 5* Peter Parker. As if having like 10 Spiderman/Spiderwoman/SpiderAnimal characters at the 4* level isn't enough :s

    KGB

  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

    @KGB said:
    Yeah I was thinking same thing about him being airborne. Looks like he will be able to fire abilities while airborne.

    I guess now that we have an official 'away' state via Kang/Mordo it makes more sense that Airborne characters can fire powers.

    I also note via the feeder updates that we are getting YET ANOTHER 4* Spiderman character to feed 5* Peter Parker. As if having like 10 Spiderman/Spiderwoman/SpiderAnimal characters at the 4* level isn't enough :s

    KGB

    Rumor has it that it's 4* Mary Jane

  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 942 Critical Contributor

    His purple steals 1 AP and generates AP in colors he doesn't use?

  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023

    @MoosePrime said:
    His purple steals 1 AP and generates AP in colors he doesn't use?

    He technically does use them. His Green drains those colors

    I wish his skills were more simplified like the 3* version

  • DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 580 Critical Contributor

    Is this the long awaited partner for Bag Man's Snarky Remark?

    Kang, Baggers, and Vulture in a new forum challenge to keep an opponent airborne for the longest time?

  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 601 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023

    Told you he'd have powers
    I don't understand them but he definitely has 3 powers.

  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor

    Seems like he'll be pretty darn potent. Fairly cheap powers especially with him stealing some AP. Going airborne and taking an enemy with him. Generating red, yellow, black AP will help expand who you team him with. At the very least should be more fun to use than most of the 5s we get these days. Will be interesting to see what 5s come out next and what the LL store will look like once he rotates in and others leave.

  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 171 Tile Toppler

    What if he takes Archangel airborne? I assume AA’s passive will be suppressed until he lands?

  • ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited August 2023

    IMO his Plummet power should destroy tiles priorizing enemy specials, so its in line with his 4* version. Its the second best thing on him, first being the battery aspect of course.

    His damage seem a bit low, but I guess its the cost of having constant disables and AP shenanigans and multihits (so boosters like okoye and apocalypse work well with him, and he even generates all ap colors apoc uses).

  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

    @IceIX said:

    @entrailbucket said:

    @Punisher5784 said:
    Am I missing something? Can you use his abilities while he is airborne?

    I was also going to ask this. Based on the descriptions, he must be able to cast stuff while airborne, but nobody else can do that right now, and he doesn't have a passive that specifically says he can.

    Yes. We made a mechanical change to enable that with Vulture in particular. We can do that from now on!

    Does the new mechanical change apply to just 3/5* Vulture or all airborne characters?

  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023

    Now is already official: any spider villain is better than spider-man in this game.
    Vulture seems pretty good and annoying: at least 2 turns he can make useless one of your allies and when he returns... it's the happy AP service.
    For 7 blue that's just outstanding. No matter if he is slow or not, he can be a great defense just for the support he offers.
    By the way, full throttle at max drain deals 525% of 5355 to the enemy team, more or less 30k damage. Not bad.

  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin

    @Punisher5784 said:

    @IceIX said:

    @entrailbucket said:

    @Punisher5784 said:
    Am I missing something? Can you use his abilities while he is airborne?

    I was also going to ask this. Based on the descriptions, he must be able to cast stuff while airborne, but nobody else can do that right now, and he doesn't have a passive that specifically says he can.

    Yes. We made a mechanical change to enable that with Vulture in particular. We can do that from now on!

    Does the new mechanical change apply to just 3/5* Vulture or all airborne characters?

    Only specific powers, so just Vulture for now.

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,107 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023

    Hm, I’m looking forward to trying him out, seems like he has a few interesting things going on. Interested to see what he does with Heimdall if anything.

  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023

    @IceIX said:

    @Punisher5784 said:

    @IceIX said:

    @entrailbucket said:

    @Punisher5784 said:
    Am I missing something? Can you use his abilities while he is airborne?

    I was also going to ask this. Based on the descriptions, he must be able to cast stuff while airborne, but nobody else can do that right now, and he doesn't have a passive that specifically says he can.

    Yes. We made a mechanical change to enable that with Vulture in particular. We can do that from now on!

    Does the new mechanical change apply to just 3/5* Vulture or all airborne characters?

    Only specific powers, so just Vulture for now.

    Is the archangel rebalance in anticipation of vulture needing a counter? Also, did the archangel buff actually happen? It was never announced and it seems like if he was buffed it's so small people can't tell.

  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023

    @Bad said:
    Now is already official: any spider villain is better than spider-man in this game.
    Vulture seems pretty good and annoying: at least 2 turns he can make useless one of your allies and when he returns... it's the happy AP service.
    For 7 blue that's just outstanding. No matter if he is slow or not, he can be a great defense just for the support he offers.
    By the way, full throttle at max drain deals 525% of 5355 to the enemy team, more or less 30k damage. Not bad.

    I don’t think it works that way; I’m reading it as draining a total of 7 AP from RYG and not 7 AP from each color. That would mean 175% increase, bringing the Level 450 dmg to around 14K.

    Edit: So, you collect purple or blue to go airborne, then Green for a big AOE.

    Or you fire green while airborne and keep your Red-Yellow-Black