New clue: Flight Risk...

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@DrClever said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    Flight Risk...hmm...OK...
    this:

Good lord, has he just stabbed him down his ... yikes.

His power tool is multi-purpose so...

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor

Graviton...

Because if you're flying he can make you stop...

If you're not, he can make you fly...

Either way, flight is a risk.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

That's a lot of cape.

He's not getting through the revolving doors unscathed.

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 113 Tile Toppler

My guess is ..... 5* VULTURE?!

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,746 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023

Which comic book character is the greatest flight risk? The cocaine-fiend himself... Snooooowflaaaaaaame!

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor

@DrClever said:
    That's a lot of cape.

He's not getting through the revolving doors unscathed.

Nah... He'll just create a gravitational field that prevents things from snagging the cape.

Then have the revolving door collapse in on itself.

• DAZ0273

On the one hand Graviton once defeated some Avengers with a pencil which is hilarious. On the other hand he is sort of a seriously questionable sleazy **** even for a supervillain. So I am conflicted.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

If they ever did Graviton they could do the Agents of S.H.I.E.LD. version since it was Glenn Talbot there that eventually became the character. He was “good” for a while during the show at least.

• DAZ0273

Maybe I was just unlucky with the Graviton stories I read but every time he wasn't content with just being a bad guy, he had to kidnap some poor woman and force her to be his girlfriend, the creepy weirdo. Just join a dating site Graviton, geez.

• DrClever

That sort of thing is very Marvel.

Even Spiderman is pretty creepy with the women in his lives.

• DrClever
    edited August 2023

Um, Wikipedia says:

Somehow guided to the female scientist he has feelings for, Graviton attempts to abduct her

And

Graviton is eventually able to reform his body, and decides to seek a bride. Elevating a Bloomingdale's store into the sky, he takes several women hostage

So maybe not.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 798 Critical Contributor

@DrClever said:
    Hank Pym is asking an ant to hold his beer.

Award worthy comment. Bravo

• DrClever

Which must mean he's afraid she'll run away.

So she's a Flight Risk.

So we're still on topic.

• DAZ0273

5* Tigra/3* The Cat - Excellent work!

But it looks like Tigra might be a sex criminal too judging by that thought bubble...so we are not out of these woods yet.

• DrClever

Well, I gather she had a kid with a Skrull that she thought was Hank Pym so yeah, that.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

@Alfje17 said:
    As for dodgy characters, what about Marcus Immortus who manipulated Carol Danvers into giving birth to himself?!> @DAZ0273 said:

You and Tigra are right. I should be more understanding. Let's check back in on Tigra, I am sure everything is fine.

Or not I guess?

I don't see a problem with two consenting adults having some fun together, it's a lot better than say, Marcus Immortus who manipulated Carol Danvers into giving birth to himself!

I was wondering when some one was gonna bring this up. I know standards and such were different back in the 80’s than they are now, but I’m not sure how they were able to get away with publicizing that storyline in a major comic and try and sell that to fans.

• DAZ0273

@Alfje17 said:
    As for dodgy characters, what about Marcus Immortus who manipulated Carol Danvers into giving birth to himself?!> @DAZ0273 said:

You and Tigra are right. I should be more understanding. Let's check back in on Tigra, I am sure everything is fine.

Or not I guess?

I don't see a problem with two consenting adults having some fun together, it's a lot better than say, Marcus Immortus who manipulated Carol Danvers into giving birth to himself!

Ah yes but what you are missing is that Tigra is also dating Wonder Man at the same time who is on his way to her bungalow and doesn't know about Hank...

• DAZ0273
    edited August 2023

@bigjojo04 said:

@Alfje17 said:

Or not I guess?

I was wondering when some one was gonna bring this up. I know standards and such were different back in the 80’s than they are now, but I’m not sure how they were able to get away with publicizing that storyline in a major comic and try and sell that to fans.

We are joking around but all of this is problematic.

This got brought up on Jim Shooter's blog a few years back and there seemed to be a bit of buck passing around who wrote what. Shooter did say it was appalling and as he was EiC at the time then he should have nixed the storyline but that rings cold after the fact.

There are at least two other examples (of which I am not going to post the comic panels here) that show Marvel's very questionable judgment to issues over sexual violence towards female super heroes - the first is to Sharon Ventura/Ms Marvel in Captain America #330-331 where it is heavily implied there is some sort of serious sexual assault (and this is followed up in later issues of Fantastic Four) and Uncanny X-Men #235-236 the Genosha storyline also very heavily promotes that Rogue has also fallen to a similar fate. Wolverine who is in a similarly vulnerable position is of course not treated in such a manner.

I consider it to be an Editorial failing that all of these stories saw it to print intact as they were.

Edit: Actually it might be even worst what happened to Mockingbird in West Coast Avengers. Also it is pretty disappointing that Chris Claremont made such an issue about what happened to Carol Danvers in Avengers #200 in the subsequent Avengers Annual #10 that he then went and wrote that Rogue story which was of course hardly ever referred to ever again, like, y'know, it didn't need to happen in the first place.

• DAZ0273

Phew - anyway that was all a bit serious. So back to the guessing:

Is this guy still dead?

• DrClever

Okay, so we won't talk about Mandrill. Good.

How about Bi-Beast who is a risk to just about everything and was created by a flight of bird people.
    ?