***** Omega Red (Horseman of Pestilence) *****

Options

Comments

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@allen_koholic said:
    I don’t understand the thought process behind allowing Omega Red’s passive to proc against Chasm on turn 0, while kneecapping BRB and everyone else. It’s seems like pure power creep nonsense.

My assumption on the thought process is that OR isn't doing anything to apply the damage. Just being near his body poisons you. So it would still affect you even if he's stunned.

I don't get the effect still proccing when he's sent away, but I get it for when he's stunned.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Spores floating around even after he's gone?

Ought to continue after he was downed too in that case, I guess.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

I find the Pestilence Spore CD interesting that it prioritizes black tiles, but if the board is filled of special tiles, the CD will just create on any available colored tile.

The dev team really thought of everything when they created Omega Red

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

I wish it was fortified. Jane makes him moot.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,671 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Doesn't Jane zap even fortified CD's? I could swear I have seen her do that but could be wrong.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 959 Critical Contributor
    Options

She does, but it takes two hits to destroy, so the countdown would do damage for one turn.

• DrClever
    Options

You can use Hawkeye or GG to fortify it. The former also generates red. Both are very easily killed which, if we follow the principle that winning on defence in PvP is bad manners, is also a Good Thing.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,978 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@StanleyBurrell said:
    I wish it was fortified. Jane makes him moot.

That's a good thing if you subscribe to Iron Golem-Rust Monster-Mind Flayer (rock/paper/scissors) type game play. It means you can always beat Omega Red teams with Jane and Omega Red teams shouldn't (or should struggle mightily) beat Jane teams. Then a proper 3rd character would beat Jane and lose to Omega Red.

KGB

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

I paired OR with Jane in his PVP at some point... My Jane destroyed my OR CD about 80% of the time at turn start. I don't think she hit the enemy CD even once. Probably not the norm, of course. I just found it funny.

I don't think she makes OR useless, but it's great that he's powerful but already has a counter.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,978 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In 4* PvP land I was using 4* Doc Ock.

One black match and you eliminate his CD unless you lose the tentacle tile.

Once Ock was low on health I did what plenty of others did and switched to Shang/DeathLok and let Shang Red destroy his tile until I had enough match damage built up to 1 shot him in purple. Plus of course BRB/Polaris helps because even though the stun doesn't stop the CD, the protects will negate the damage down to 1.

Really though, a 5* power with Ock tentacles would be really handy. Too bad they won't balance 5* Ock again.

KGB

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

We probably won't know about it if they do rebalance him...

• Speed283
    Speed283 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options

I’ve inquired in another post and would like to ask opinions here whether or not to spend my hoarded CP on Omega Red. A person’s opinion was that he probably wouldn’t be a meta and should wait for future 5*
    Thanks for your help

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,671 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Speed283 said:
    I’ve inquired in another post and would like to ask opinions here whether or not to spend my hoarded CP on Omega Red. A person’s opinion was that he probably wouldn’t be a meta and should wait for future 5*
    Thanks for your help

Do you see lots of Mighty Thor in your PvP queues? If the answer is "yes" then that also solves your question about Omega Red. If the answers is no then go nuts. If your hope is that Jane might get nerfed then I guess you hedge your bets.

• DrClever
    Options

Yes, needs a meta character with countdown fortification really.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would put him as not meta but just a slight tier below meta. The answer is really how you feel about PVE vs PVP.

In PVE, he is really, really good. I have him champed and am using him in this PVE with Okoye/IH in the pick three at SCL10 and sailing through it. In the pick two, I use him with Okoye. Granted, he is boosted which helps.

In PVP, I think he is good but not great. Again, when boosted, he will be a monster but could be taken down by others. All depends on your MMR in PVP.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He is 5* medusa, but aoe. Free aoe damage powers are very strong. It's true that fosthor is a solid counter to him in pvp, but even then she will take some damage. And he will be quite strong in pve.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,972 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If "meta" means "usable unboosted" then I think he's pretty close. If it means "as good as or better than Chasm" then no.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I love him. I'll regret spending my hoard if they release another broke character like Chasm, but the recent 5* releases have bored me to tears. I don't trust these devs to release anyone that interests me more than OR.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I really like his powers and the fact that he's omega red. But I'm going to wait to unload the hoar until he's ready to leave, because I don't really care about the dinosaur or uhhh whoever else will be there with him lol, gwenom?