***** Omega Red (Horseman of Pestilence) *****

Options

Comments

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 390 Mover and Shaker
    Options

That's awesome! I didn't realize apocs stun immunity worked with Thanos, I thought it would be the same as shield tiles don't help against Thanos.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 390 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Swap Thanos for knull and you have boosted by apoc damage from knull and OR every turn and another aoe every 3 turns.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

For those of you that are curious about the levels of the Omega Red Alert Chained Offer:

Second level of Omega Red Alert - $19.99
    120K ISO
    3 CP
    2 of each color cover and 900 shards for 3-star Omega Red
    250 Shards for 5-star Omega Red
    1 Elite Token
    1 Mighty Token
    2 Fan Favorite Tokens

Third Level of Omega Red Alert- $49.99
    55K ISO
    2K HP
    3 CP
    3000 shards for 3-star Omega Red
    Red cover and 250 shards for 5-star Omega Red
    4 Latest Legends Tokens
    4 Fan Favorite Tokens

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Pantera236 said:
    That's awesome! I didn't realize apocs stun immunity worked with Thanos, I thought it would be the same as shield tiles don't help against Thanos.

Yes, I put a Apoc/onslaught/Thano5 in the “favorite teams thread way back when after discovering that. Not only does he stay awake but shared strength will boost court death damage.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like that they are making CL10 harder. More of the same please, rather than autopilot. I’m hardly rocking 550s and I smashed those nodes with Shang or Switch and Okoye.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,972 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

...guys, the Thanos/Apocalypse team is really fast in CL10 PvE, assuming you have the right yellow AP supports.

I don't play PvE like the top players do, so I can't compare it to their current top teams, but it's faster than just about anything I can run.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    ...guys, the Thanos/Apocalypse team is really fast in CL10 PvE, assuming you have the right yellow AP supports.

I don't play PvE like the top players do, so I can't compare it to their current top teams, but it's faster than just about anything I can run.

Thanks! What level is your OR5?

• entrailbucket
    Options

Mine is championed at lvl451 (thanks, Sabertooth!) but Apocalypse is the key to this. Omega Red is only there to prevent Apocalypse from being stunned, and for the passive, stunproof AoE that Apocalypse can boost.

Unfortunately, after a brief consultation with some top PvE players, this team is not fast enough to compete. It can't ever win turn 0, and that's basically a requirement to compete now.

It is still pretty good though!

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

What about using P5 Emma Frost as a booster for Omega Red? It's less color overlap than with Okoye or Apocalypse but it might not be as much damage.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Thanos/Apocalypse/Omega Red is pretty cool.

Apocalypse can't be stunned in that team, so he boosts Court Death, and Omega Red's passive continues to work while he's stunned, so he doesn't really care about Court Death. Plus Apocalypse will continue to boost the countdown tile damage while everyone else is stunned.

I just went a looked at these three and the match damage inflation is nuts. Poor Thanos getting left in the dust.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Grizwald said:
    What about using P5 Emma Frost as a booster for Omega Red? It's less color overlap than with Okoye or Apocalypse but it might not be as much damage.

Emma's boost is different from the other two because it's percentage based, where the other two add a fixed amount. So in general, Emma is better at boosting high damage stuff and they're better at boosting low damage stuff.

Omega Red is a bit weird because his passive starts off doing low damage but ends up much higher, so Emma would probably do a good job boosting him by the time his tile ticks a few times.

The problem there is that the best modern PvE teams win WAY before turn 4, so, like, it's not bad at all, but there's probably better options.

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options

I think he looks like a lot of fun. Definitely a PitA during this pve run.

I'm definitely not a top player in any mode, so excuse my ignorance here... But what teams win on turn 0? Or what teams can consistently win before turn 4? Never experienced anything like that

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah not really enjoying "Hearts of Omega Red". Hope they change it back for next run.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@MgoBlue51 said:
    I think he looks like a lot of fun. Definitely a PitA during this pve run.

I'm definitely not a top player in any mode, so excuse my ignorance here... But what teams win on turn 0? Or what teams can consistently win before turn 4? Never experienced anything like that

It requires 550s (or close) and high-level AP generating supports. The top PvE players don't like telling others about their secrets so it's hard to get too many examples of teams.

I'm talking here about players competing for 1st place in CL10 -- there are tons and tons of great teams that will be very successful if your goal is lower than that.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah that's t1-2 stuff.
    T10 is doable with mortal rosters.

• entrailbucket
    Options

It's just really hard to have these conversations in the current metagame, because objectively Omega Red is really, really good.

It sounds like I'm saying he's terrible, though, because he can't consistently win fights before the enemy team even gets a turn. It's really just a condemnation of the top tier/broken tier guys that Omega Red can be this good and still not break into that tier.

Of course, if you're not competing, or if you don't have the broken guys, or if Omega Red is boosted, then none of that matters anyway.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options

Sanctum and Peni both need heroes. Not a lot of heroism on that team.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Unfortunately, after a brief consultation with some top PvE players, this team is not fast enough to compete. It can't ever win turn 0, and that's basically a requirement to compete now.

The metagame is effed right up. And boring.