***** Omega Red (Horseman of Pestilence) *****

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited August 2023 in Character Details

Omega Red (Horseman of Pestilence)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains, Mutants, Enhanced, Mercenaries

"Arkady Rossovich was already a troubled child when he discovered his Mutant power enabled him to steal life. His troubles led him to be arrested by Sean Cassidy, who would later become the X-Men's Banshee. Akady was then experimented on as part of the Weapon X project. This experimentation left him with radiation poisoning that would kill him if he didn't regularly drain life to survive. Using carbonadium tentacles to aid his Mutant abilities, Omega Red will stop at nothing to acquire a cure."

Abilities listed at level 255/450/550
Health: 21263/85465/184716

Tentacle Whip - 7 Red AP
As the Horseman of Pestilence, Omega Red has only become more savage with his tentacles, lashing out in quick succession. Deals 3 hits of 797 damage to the target enemy and heals Omega Red for 10% of the total damage done. Additionally, for the next 3 turns, Omega Red’s damage is increased by 35%. Using this ability when Omega Red is already buffed resets the duration.
166: 3205 damage / 266: 6927 damage

• Level 2: Deals 861 damage and heals for 11%. Omega Red’s damage is increased by 45%.
    • 166: 3461 damage / 266: 7481 damage
  • Level 3: Deals 933 damage and heals for 13%. For the next 3 turns, Omega Red’s damage is increased by 55%.
    • 166: 3750 damage / 266: 8104 damage
  • Level 4: Deals 4 hits of 933 damage and heals for 18%. Omega Red’s damage is increased by 70%.
    • 166: 3750 damage / 266: 8104 damage
  • Level 5: Deals 1021 damage and heals for 20%. For the next 4 turns, Omega Red’s damage is increased by 90%.
    • 166: 4102 damage / 266: 8866 damage

Pestilence Spores - Black Passive
(PASSIVE) Do you feel it as it eats away at not only your physical body, but your very soul?
At the start of Omega Red’s turn, if one doesn’t exist, create a random
4-turn Pestilence Countdown tile. Each turn, for each it was on the board, it deals 346 damage to the enemy team, and their damage is reduced by 5% (max 50%). If an enemy character is downed by this damage, create an additional Pestilence Countdown tile.

When a Pestilence Countdown tile triggers, enemy characters’ missing health and reduced damage from Pestilence Spores becomes permanent.
166: 1389 damage / 266: 3002 damage

• Level 2: Deals 397 damage.
    • 166: 1597 damage / 266: 3452 damage
  • Level 3: 4-turn CD that deals 439 damage.
    • 166: 1764 damage / 266: 3812 damage
  • Level 4: Deals 532 damage.
    • 166: 2139 damage / 266: 4623 damage
  • Level 5: Deals 688 damage.
  • 166: 2764 damage / 266: 5973 damage

Peytral Armor - 5 Yellow AP
With the power granted to him by Apocalypse, Omega Red’s defenses are stronger than ever. Create up to 2 strength 182 Protect tiles. Then, if Omega Red is below 25% health, heal him for 1047 for each Protect Tile on the board or 15% of Omega Red’s max health, whichever is lower.
(PASSIVE) When Omega Red makes a Match-5 or greater, create 1 strength 177 Protect Tile.
166: Strength 730 tile, 4207 healing / 266: Strength 1578 tile, 9093 healing

• Level 2: Creates strength 191 Protect tiles. If Omega Red is below 30% health, heal for 1120 or 16% of max health.
    • 166: Strength 767 tile, 4502 healing / 266: Strength 1657 tile, 9730 healing
  • Level 3: Creates strength 194 Protect tiles. If Omega Red is below 35% health, heal for 1256 or 18% of max health.
    • 166: Strength 781 tile, 5049 healing / 266: Strength 1688 tile, 10912 healing
  • Level 4: Creates strength 211 Protect tiles. If Omega Red is below 40% health, heal for 1465 or 21% of max health. Passive triggers when Omega Red makes a Match-4 or greater.
    • 166: Strength 847 tile, 5890 healing / 266: Strength 1830 tile, 12731 healing
  • Level 5: Creates strength 251 protect tiles. If Omega Red is below 50% health, heal for 1748 or 25% of max health.
  • 166: Strength 1007 tile, 7026 healing / 266: Strength 2177 tile, 15186 healing

Feeder Updates

Release Schedule

Story
Hearts of Darkness - 7/27 - 7/30
Omega-Red (Horseman of Pestilence) Shards and Event Token in Placement Rewards
Omega-Red (Horseman of Pestilence) Event Token in Progression Rewards and Alliance Rewards

Unstable ISO-8 - 7/30 - 8/3
Omega-Red (Horseman of Pestilence) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

ISO-8 Brotherhood - 8/3 - 8/10
Omega-Red (Horseman of Pestilence) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Versus
Red Reign - Omega Red (Arkady Rossovich) - 7/27 - 7/31
Omega-Red (Horseman of Pestilence) Shards in Placement Rewards, Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Carbonadium Clash - Omega Red (Horseman of Pestilence) - 7/29 - 8/1
Omega-Red (Horseman of Pestilence) Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Offers
Red Relics Store - 7/27 - 7/31
Chance to get Omega-Red (Horseman of Pestilence). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Pestilence Plunder Vault - 8/3 - 8/6
Chance to get Omega-Red (Horseman of Pestilence). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls
40 Items:
○ 1x Pandemic Pantheon Legendary Store Token
○ 1x 4-Star Sabretooth (Victor Creed) cover
○ 3x Random 3-Star covers
○ 6x Heroic tokens
○ 4x 2500 Iso, 6x 1000 Iso, 5x 500 Iso
○ 14x 2-stars

Pandemic Pantheon Legendary Store - 8/3 - 8/6
August 3, 2023, 09:00am - August 6, 2023, 09:00pm
15% chance to get Omega-Red (Horseman of Pestilence) , Magneto (Age of Apocalypse), and Colossus (Phoenix Five)
Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh, also, the powers all look scaled correctly but the level identifier is for the 3* version (i.e. it says 166 when it should say 450 and 266 when it should say 550)

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

@GrimSkald said:
    So, just a note, I get that there's hype for this character from people who grew up on the X-Men Cartoon (I didn't,) or who really liked the comics during the 90s (I didn't.) Since that hype caused this preview to be delayed a few days, I'm actually feeling the opposite of excited about it, and kind of resent it. Just putting that out there.

I like getting the info a bit in advance. It's not excessively practical -- I may be able to "double dip" a tiny bit with retro rewards, but that's pretty rare as it's only a few days and I'm hoarding to get the 3* up to snuff quickly. But still, it's nice to start sussing out these things in advance - how are the new characters, how much do I want to invest in them (Champ everyone, level the good ones high,) look forward to the legendary store, etc. Denying us that for the "hype," particularly when not all of us are hyped, is kind of annoying.

Ah well. I'll share my thoughts when a mod folds in the already-ongoing discussion. He's not trash tier, that's for sure...

This!

My Sabertooth is sitting at Level 299. If I had advanced notice that he would be the feeder, I could have gotten a free LL token. It’s frustrating and disappointing.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The power pestilence spores says "If an enemy character is downed by this damage, create an additional Pestilence Countdown tile." But it is not in the game description. Is it supposed to be in game? This could be something that would really punish the immortal bros and would be a shame to be cut out.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bladewing said:

@GrimSkald said:
    So, just a note, I get that there's hype for this character from people who grew up on the X-Men Cartoon (I didn't,) or who really liked the comics during the 90s (I didn't.) Since that hype caused this preview to be delayed a few days, I'm actually feeling the opposite of excited about it, and kind of resent it. Just putting that out there.

I like getting the info a bit in advance. It's not excessively practical -- I may be able to "double dip" a tiny bit with retro rewards, but that's pretty rare as it's only a few days and I'm hoarding to get the 3* up to snuff quickly. But still, it's nice to start sussing out these things in advance - how are the new characters, how much do I want to invest in them (Champ everyone, level the good ones high,) look forward to the legendary store, etc. Denying us that for the "hype," particularly when not all of us are hyped, is kind of annoying.

Ah well. I'll share my thoughts when a mod folds in the already-ongoing discussion. He's not trash tier, that's for sure...

This!

My Sabertooth is sitting at Level 299. If I had advanced notice that he would be the feeder, I could have gotten a free LL token. It’s frustrating and disappointing.

Same! I woke up to start DDQ and got the pop-up notification for Omega Red covers. I immediately jumped to forums to see if I missed the announcement and saw nothing.

I'm still excited to see Omega Red after all these years!

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't know how many time passed since the last time I said this character looks great, it's cool and will help a lot.
    Really cheap red, AoE better than Ihulk, and extra cheap yellow for annoying heavy protects and serious healing.
    A great character!
    Now it's only needed to fix broken characters and I will believe in the game again... probably.

• jkzl
    jkzl Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited July 2023
    Options

So are we getting Omega shards/tokens for both placement and progression in the next 3 events?

Story
    Hearts of Darkness - 7/27 - 7/30
    Omega-Red (Horseman of Pestilence) Shards and Event Token in Placement Rewards
    Omega-Red (Horseman of Pestilence) Event Token in Progression Rewards and Alliance Rewards

Unstable ISO-8 - 7/30 - 8/3

ISO-8 Brotherhood - 8/3 - 8/10

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

As I noted in the other thread, there is a typo in the 5* bio in-game where it says Horseman of Death instead of Horseman of Pestilence.

And to echo GrimSkald's comment: I'm not sure if some still unannounced change is coming to Deadpool Daily Quest or Taco Tokens, but currently it looks like the developers spent their time swapping character cover art, making Doop clues, and in-game news announcements... to delay the announcement of a standard 3/5 release from its normal announcement days earlier. I really hope there is something additional coming today besides the Classic Legends update (which I do appreciate).

• DashBC
    DashBC Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Pantera236 said:
    The power pestilence spores says "If an enemy character is downed by this damage, create an additional Pestilence Countdown tile." But it is not in the game description. Is it supposed to be in game? This could be something that would really punish the immortal bros and would be a shame to be cut out.

Was going to say the same. In game there's also a bit about the tile not being disabled by stuns, but it appears the tile remains after Omega is downed as well.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DashBC said:

@Pantera236 said:

Was going to say the same. In game there's also a bit about the tile not being disabled by stuns, but it appears the tile remains after Omega is downed as well.

Pestilence is persistent

• CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options

What's a messy. This is five star page and we need the data on 450/550 levels instead of 166/266

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Someone posted 550 stats in the other Omega Red thread.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@CallTheStorm said:
    What's a messy. This is five star page and we need the data on 450/550 levels instead of 166/266

Those are the 5* number for his powers. Its only the match damage that's for the 3* version.

KGB

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

I agree with some of the discussion on the other Omega Red thread. He's definitely not bad - the Red hits pretty hard in and of itself and the fact that it's multiple hits will combine well with strike tiles/damage enhancers. His black will tick down damage pretty often too, sometimes hitting for a lot.

OTOH the black will get destroyed a lot in casual play - in my experience a 4 turn CD gets destroyed before it expires much more often than not even setting aside characters like Kitty and MThor who purposefully blow it up. His yellow is fine, it's nice that it's cheap, but doesn't do anything to speed play so will largely get ignored.

My read on the black, btw, is every turn it will tick down damage and reduce the other team's damage for the following turn. If it expires, I assume the last burst of damage will be permanent damage and the 20% damage reduction will extend to the end of the match. The max damage reduction he can assign appears to be 50%. It's not impossible, though, that the "permanent" damage may extend to **all ** the damage the other toons have taken so far, so that's interesting.

I feel sure he'll combo well with some characters (Apocalypse, for example, even though they share all colors,) but otherwise will be in the "use when part of the weekly boost" camp, which honestly is not a bad camp to be in IMHO.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, I don't think he is bad by any means, but the top tier is so ridiculously overpowered right now that it's going to take an awful lot to get up there. If there was some perfect partner for him where their strengths and colors interacted perfectly, I could see that being a top team, but right now I don't think that guy exists.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That Pantheon Pandemic store is looking hot.

And I dig this powerset. Can’t wait to try him out.

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options

He's glorious!!! Great art, great abilities -- thank you for the craft and attention paid to such a frequently-requested character. I don't even at-all mind that he shares colours with Okoye, as that's probably intended as a limiter/handicap to keep them from being too overpowered in pick-two PVP.

I was just recently complaining to alliance mates about how bored I am of Hulkoye but still feel compelled to use that duo often for speedy PVE clears. Okoye/O'red has finally put that duo out to pasture for me with their boosted AOE damage, that multi-hit red, and the ability to safely throw any 3rd in there without risk of getting killed by iHulk's resurrection. Want to throw Howard The Duck in there for sh**s & giggles to cover the missing three colours? Go for it! I've been using Okoye, 1/1/1 O'red, and [misc 3rd] all day in the current PVE and having an absolute blast.

Thanks, devs!

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Just had a go with 5* Hawkeye as a third to OR+Okoye (ORkoye?) and that was good as was BRB.

At the very least he's a 5* replacement for Gorr in that PvE team a lot of people like.