Marvel Puzzle Quest R282 Release Notes (07/17/23)

Options
1235»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Bad said:

@DAZ0273 said:

We have Russian serial killers who murder children in real life, we should not want them in our lovely precious game.

We have russian serial killers, americans, europeans, asiatics, etc, etc...
    With that argument simply you don't want any villain in the game.
    Or maybe making them pass and admission trial and to evaluate if they want to steal candies, give an important beating to heroes, or chop to pieces some heroes, in the last case they won't be admited in our lovely game because we want soft villains.

Hey remember that Thanos guy that committed mass genocide?

Oh yeah, I forgot about when half the universe disappeared. At least the bus queue went down.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Now is probably not a great time to add a Russian character to the game, but one thing I haven't seen mentioned is that there probably isn't ever a great time to add an explicitly Soviet character. If they're nervous about adding Red Skull due to Nazis, there are plenty of places in the world where the Soviets are... similarly controversial.

When they added 3* Colossus to the game, his tile symbol was the hammer and sickle, and there was an outcry over that, so much so that they actually changed it:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/16134/use-of-sensitive-symbols-in-mpq-colossus

I have a very good friend in Finland who is a comic book fan and he falls very much into the above category. People banging on about Omega Red made him very grumpy... don't make 6'4 Finnish people grumpy! My family are from Ireland and so everytime Banshee has a **** leprechaun in his castle I feel similarly!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,943 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The Colossus thing was eye-opening for me, and Demiurge was clearly caught off guard by it (as I would've been).

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Now is probably not a great time to add a Russian character to the game, but one thing I haven't seen mentioned is that there probably isn't ever a great time to add an explicitly Soviet character. If they're nervous about adding Red Skull due to Nazis, there are plenty of places in the world where the Soviets are... similarly controversial.

When they added 3* Colossus to the game, his tile symbol was the hammer and sickle, and there was an outcry over that, so much so that they actually changed it:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/16134/use-of-sensitive-symbols-in-mpq-colossus

Russians? They added Magik...

Also. if they are worried about Nazis...Dr Doom has ideological roots in that as well...

edit** Red Skull has less to do with Nazis than it does with the actor who played him in the movie. He would not reprise the role for anything so Disney killed the character.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

So...MCU Zemo then?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The hammer and the sickle historically has killed 10 times more millions of persons that the closest one ideology, despite looking "cool" and the humankind savior.
    And it will continue killing.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,195 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:
    The hammer and the sickle historically has killed 10 times more millions of persons that the closest one ideology, despite looking "cool" and the humankind savior.
    And it will continue killing.

Is (fill in the blank) religion considered ideology 🤔🤷‍♂️?

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 656 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Scofie said:
    I'm going to shut down the conversation on "who committed the worst genocide and on what grounds" as it's off topic.

Now there's a statement I never thought I'd read on a mobile game forum.
    Who'd of thought

• entrailbucket
    edited July 2023
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Scofie said:
    I'm going to shut down the conversation on "who committed the worst genocide and on what grounds" as it's off topic.

Now there's a statement I never thought I'd read on a mobile game forum.
    Who'd of thought

I mean, collectively we've all killed millions of H.A.M.M.E.R. goons since 2013, has anyone even thought about them, or their families???

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,153 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I mean, collectively, we've all killed millions of H.A.M.M.E.R. goons since 2013, has anyone even thought about them, or their families???

Not killed, we downed them. There would be no goons left at all in Florida, or in the world for that matter, to staff the bases in The Hunt if our interventions were fatal. I'm impressed they even still turn up for work, knowing they're getting their base wrecked every few weeks.

Would make PvE quicker if they didn't, though....

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Scofie said:

I mean, collectively, we've all killed millions of H.A.M.M.E.R. goons since 2013, has anyone even thought about them, or their families???

Not killed, we downed them. There would be no goons left at all in Florida, or in the world for that matter, to staff the bases in The Hunt if our interventions were fatal. I'm impressed they even still turn up for work, knowing they're getting their base wrecked every few weeks.

Would make PvE quicker if they didn't, though....

Oh sure, cutting them in half with Silver Samurai's sword just "downs" them!

It's too bad, too, the Lieutenant only took this job to pay for his young son's surgery...