Marvel Puzzle Quest R282 Release Notes (07/17/23)

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wolverine has the adamantium skeleton so you would imagine splitting him in half would be nigh on impossible but comics.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Multiple Man: The Hard Way

• UnityGamer
    UnityGamer Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options

How many times has Omega Red been requested for MPQ? Were there other taglines that hinted at his arrival similar to "End of all", only for the reveal to be of someone else entirely?

I bring these questions up because there is one aspect of Red we have to consider. As he is a tentacle-type character, he will rely on tentacle tiles. The only other character who relies on tentacle tiles is Doctor Octopus. Odds are Doc Ock's tentacles could conflict with Red's, making any teams who have Okc and Omega overpowered... unless the programmers intend on unique distinctive designs to prevent tentacle hogging.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I wouldn’t assume he would use tentacular abilities. Shuma Gorath was a perfect opportunity and he got saddled with countdowns.

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 307 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@dianetics said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Honestly if it is, and ends up being Omega Red. I wouldn't even be angry. Omega Red deserves the title of "Broken" over any other character with how sought after he is.

But...why? We don't have Red Skull, Grim Reaper, Annihilus, Deathstrike, Zemo, Any of the original Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club except Emma, Korvac, The Leader, Nimrod, Grandmaster, Graviton, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Hobgoblin, Jackal even Mojo who all have greater legacies than Omega Red. I honestly don't get why he shouldn't be a 4*. Sabretooth is a 4* - are people seriously saying that Omega Red is a bigger Wolverine foe than Creed? Can't wrap my head around this one and think people have lost their minds. When we end up with 4* Surtur I will know who to blame!!!

This always comes about...

Why do we get this guy when we don't have X, Y, or Z?
    Big Wheel is in the game the importance factor of characters in lore doesn't matter.
    If we get Omega Red be happy at least they are listening to the player base.

I don't care if we get Omega Red, it is just the outpouring of love for him that baffles me - even most fans admit that he has the personality of a piece of cardboard and if they can tell me an epic storyline he was involved in I am all ears. I just don't understand why a C List villain like him has become such an obsession in this game. And I love C list villains, lol! Bring on the C Listers! I am trying to figure out which monumental OR story everybody else has read that I haven't to try and understand the love. I can only come up with the Capcom games where he was the most cheaty character ever! That has to be it.

The problem is the vocal people wanting him are the ones that only read or seen X-Men comics and the animated tv series. Never read anything else. The ones you listed are also on my wanted list.

I'm still waiting on Daimon Hellstrom and Satana.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

Honestly I know next to nothing about Omega Red myself. I just know he was playable in MvC2.

I am just excited at his addition, because of everyone else's excitement for him.

And there are a lot of characters I do want to see. Tombstone, Songbird, Thane, or Yo-Yo. Just to name a few I want.

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2023
    Options

So thinking about Omega Red makes me consider the main Wolverine villains. Wolverine has carried a solo series for a long time…so in no order of those I can think of, this will include some we have that I can think of:

Sabertooth, Dog, Silver Samuri, Hulk, Shingen, Ogun, Omega Red, Albert, Elise Dee, Cyber, Romulus, Daken, Bloodscream, Roughhouse, Viper, Lady Deathstrike, Wendigo, Hunter in the Dark.

I would argue Omega Red and Lady Deathstrike are good characters to add if looking at his stable. I do not consider Maverick a Wolverine villain, more like an erstwhile friend.

Sorry for any misspellings, or names slightly off.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I’ve gotten back into skateboarding this year, so maybe I’ll campaign for Night Thrasher next if this is truly Omega Red.

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I’ve gotten back into skateboarding this year, so maybe I’ll campaign for Night Thrasher next if this is truly Omega Red.

Rocket Racer would like a word.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
  • DAZ0273
    Options

Big Wheel's arch nemesis!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I smell a 3/5

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

I enjoyed both Night Thrasher and New Warriors comics back in the day. Some realty good stories there.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Was this the most 90's crossover there was:

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hard to say; there was also a bunch of Darkhawk and punisher crossovers in that early run too. But if I would also say this one was in contention for the most 90s Comic, both from the content and the cardstock foldout cover:

• DAZ0273
    Options

Well there was this also:

Extra violent Batman with claws & Punisher!

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

We have Russian serial killers who murder children in real life, we should not want them in our lovely precious game.

We have russian serial killers, americans, europeans, asiatics, etc, etc...
    With that argument simply you don't want any villain in the game.
    Or maybe making them pass and admission trial and to evaluate if they want to steal candies, give an important beating to heroes, or chop to pieces some heroes, in the last case they won't be admited in our lovely game because we want soft villains.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 659 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bad said:

@DAZ0273 said:

We have Russian serial killers who murder children in real life, we should not want them in our lovely precious game.

We have russian serial killers, americans, europeans, asiatics, etc, etc...
    With that argument simply you don't want any villain in the game.
    Or maybe making them pass and admission trial and to evaluate if they want to steal candies, give an important beating to heroes, or chop to pieces some heroes, in the last case they won't be admited in our lovely game because we want soft villains.

Hey remember that Thanos guy that committed mass genocide?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Now is probably not a great time to add a Russian character to the game, but one thing I haven't seen mentioned is that there probably isn't ever a great time to add an explicitly Soviet character. If they're nervous about adding Red Skull due to Nazis, there are plenty of places in the world where the Soviets are... similarly controversial.

When they added 3* Colossus to the game, his tile symbol was the hammer and sickle, and there was an outcry over that, so much so that they actually changed it:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/16134/use-of-sensitive-symbols-in-mpq-colossus

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Omega Red just has an Omega on his head, so he should be able to sidestep that one at least.