Marvel Puzzle Quest R282 Release Notes (07/17/23)

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Honestly if it is, and ends up being Omega Red. I wouldn't even be angry. Omega Red deserves the title of "Broken" over any other character with how sought after he is.

But...why? We don't have Red Skull, Grim Reaper, Annihilus, Deathstrike, Zemo, Any of the original Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club except Emma, Korvac, The Leader, Nimrod, Grandmaster, Graviton, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Hobgoblin, Jackal even Mojo who all have greater legacies than Omega Red. I honestly don't get why he shouldn't be a 4*. Sabretooth is a 4* - are people seriously saying that Omega Red is a bigger Wolverine foe than Creed? Can't wrap my head around this one and think people have lost their minds. When we end up with 4* Surtur I will know who to blame!!!

This always comes about...

Why do we get this guy when we don't have X, Y, or Z?
    Big Wheel is in the game the importance factor of characters in lore doesn't matter.
    If we get Omega Red be happy at least they are listening to the player base.

I don't care if we get Omega Red, it is just the outpouring of love for him that baffles me - even most fans admit that he has the personality of a piece of cardboard and if they can tell me an epic storyline he was involved in I am all ears. I just don't understand why a C List villain like him has become such an obsession in this game. And I love C list villains, lol! Bring on the C Listers! I am trying to figure out which monumental OR story everybody else has read that I haven't to try and understand the love. I can only come up with the Capcom games where he was the most cheaty character ever! That has to be it.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@dianetics said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Honestly if it is, and ends up being Omega Red. I wouldn't even be angry. Omega Red deserves the title of "Broken" over any other character with how sought after he is.

But...why? We don't have Red Skull, Grim Reaper, Annihilus, Deathstrike, Zemo, Any of the original Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club except Emma, Korvac, The Leader, Nimrod, Grandmaster, Graviton, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Hobgoblin, Jackal even Mojo who all have greater legacies than Omega Red. I honestly don't get why he shouldn't be a 4*. Sabretooth is a 4* - are people seriously saying that Omega Red is a bigger Wolverine foe than Creed? Can't wrap my head around this one and think people have lost their minds. When we end up with 4* Surtur I will know who to blame!!!

Big Wheel is in the game the importance factor of characters in lore doesn't matter.

I don't care if we get Omega Red, it is just the outpouring of love for him that baffles me - even most fans admit that he has the personality of a piece of cardboard and if they can tell me an epic storyline he was involved in I am all ears. I just don't understand why a C List villain like him has become such an obsession in this game. And I love C list villains, lol! Bring on the C Listers! I am trying to figure out which monumental OR story everybody else has read that I haven't to try and understand the love. I can only come up with the Capcom games where he was the most cheaty character ever! That has to be it.

People asked for Dazzler for years.
    Don't question the playerbase.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@dianetics said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I think it's two-fold:
    1. There has always been a tongue in cheek "give me x" character that gets taken up as bit of a joke (i.e. Dazzler). I'm pretty sure Omega Red followed once Dazzler was released, and like all running jokes was certainly neither taken too far nor too seriously
    2. Age of player base. I think there is a pretty large group of late Millenials here that were into comics in the 90s, when he was introduced in the Claremont run, showed up in the Marvel vs Capcom games, etc.

Actually we can't blame Claremont for him totally - he was debuted the issue after Claremont was fired! I guess I am a bit older than what appears to be the largest group here so maybe that explains things.

Dazzler always seemed like a joke that was worth being in on whereas it seems there really are some OR fanboys/girls out there. Just to make sure I wasn't being super unfair I re-read his introduction issues and I guess you can see how that plot was written by Jim Lee. Ah well - no point in hammering any further nails into his coffin. If the 5* version is a symbiote though...

• MPQBren
    MPQBren Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    end = omega
    of all = meteor from the sky
    What dinosaur could it be?

Omega Rex

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@dianetics said:

@DAZ0273 said:

What if I told you that the first issue of Dazzler sold 428,000 copies without being released to news stands! She was an 80s superstar!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@dianetics said:

@DAZ0273 said:

What if I told you that the first issue of Dazzler sold 428,000 copies without being released to news stands! She was an 80s superstar!

I would believe you, because I know absolutely nothing about marvel outside of the MCU!

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@MPQBren said:

@Seph1roth5 said:
    end = omega

Omega Rex

VenOmega Rex, dont forget the summer of symbiote part !

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

@MPQBren said:

@Seph1roth5 said:
    end = omega

Omega Rex

VenOmega Rex, dont forget the summer of symbiote part !

I mean, we have Red Hulk Venom Ghost Rider sitting here ready to go:

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

For me, the best part of a possible Omega Red release, is the hope I'll one day get a 5* Zemo.

I joke about GLA characters a lot, and they could be fun characters, but Zemo is the one character I've felt is a glaring omission from the beginning.

That's most likely because Dark Avengers were represented early in the game, and they wouldn't exist in the comics without Zemo and the Thunderbolts.

Arguments for other characters being more powerful, popular, or influential could be made, but Zemo was rooted in the core of the storyline presented in the game... But has never made an appearance.

There are so many characters/groups represented in the game which count Zemo as a heavy influence to their comics history it feels like a missed opportunity to not include him in the game.

I don't get Omega Red, personally, but am happy for those that want him if they're getting him, and it looks like they are. (This last line is just my lame attempt to get back on topic. Sorry)

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Some people like Coke others like Pepsi.
    Omega Red is like X-Men's version of Carnage, a psychopathic murderer that was a villain against an Anti-Hero.
    He was a character that was born of his era.
    He wasn't involved in epic storylines, he was involved in epic battles.
    He was one of the most popular villains against one of the most popular heroes during the explosion of the comic industry in the early 90s.

I understand you don't get it, but I don't get why people like Iron Man. I don't fault them for it. Let it go. There are bigger questions to ponder.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@dianetics said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Some people like Coke others like Pepsi.
    Omega Red is like X-Men's version of Carnage, a psychopathic murderer that was a villain against an Anti-Hero.
    He was a character that was born of his era.
    He wasn't involved in epic storylines, he was involved in epic battles.
    He was one of the most popular villains against one of the most popular heroes during the explosion of the comic industry in the early 90s.

I understand you don't get it, but I don't get why people like Iron Man. I don't fault them for it. Let it go. There are bigger questions to ponder.

Like this one!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@dianetics said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I honestly just think it's 90's and early 2000's nostalgia. He was featured as a villain in like every 90's and early 2000's x-men tv show and video game. He was in the x-men animated show, he was a villain in the Hulk vs Wolverine animated movie, he was in the xmen capcom games, he was in the x-men legends games, I think he was in the Wolverine and the X-men cartoon and X-men evolution cartoon.

Honestly, I think it's as simple as "Hey, this character looks cool and I remember that guy"

Probably.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Blackstone said:
    For me, the best part of a possible Omega Red release, is the hope I'll one day get a 5* Zemo.

I joke about GLA characters a lot, and they could be fun characters, but Zemo is the one character I've felt is a glaring omission from the beginning.

That's most likely because Dark Avengers were represented early in the game, and they wouldn't exist in the comics without Zemo and the Thunderbolts.

Arguments for other characters being more powerful, popular, or influential could be made, but Zemo was rooted in the core of the storyline presented in the game... But has never made an appearance.

There are so many characters/groups represented in the game which count Zemo as a heavy influence to their comics history it feels like a missed opportunity to not include him in the game.

I don't get Omega Red, personally, but am happy for those that want him if they're getting him, and it looks like they are. (This last line is just my lame attempt to get back on topic. Sorry)

Baron Zemo Sr. is the man responsible for putting Captain America in the ice and his Son carried on his hatred, including being involved in what might be the greatest Avengers story ever in Under Siege, so yes, he is an absolutely essential part of Marvel history.

• DAZ0273
    Options

To make up for all my Omega Red negativity, please enjoy!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm 100% a jim lee fan, not actually an Omega Red fan per se. He is just reverse wolverine with whip hands instead of knife hands, but he looks awesome.

I would also stan for Maverick showing up, who appeared in the issue after OR appeared.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2023
    Options

After this update just had a real weird match in the samurai PVP against an Abigail/Sersi team. A couple match 3s in a cascade didn’t clear, and the opponent took a match 3 when a match 4 was available to them.

In a different match before the update, Sighclops was unstunnable even though he had an ally alive; I got the message using DD’s purple that there were no available tiles when trying to stun him, but his partner was stunnable.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 717 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2023
    Options

I had that happen on Sunday. I also wasn't allowed to make a match 3, kept trying to move a tile for the match and it was saying it's not a match.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I just took Sighclops into that same PVP, and he got stunned by Melinda May, so I don’t really know what happened there.