What's New MPQ - July 2023 (Updated 7/10/23)

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

If you're only trying to pull one particular 5*, for whatever reason, then you certainly wouldn't have bothered with classics before, and you still shouldn't now. That seems like a really bizarre, suboptimal global to have, though -- I don't think they should be making it easier.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bad said:
    I think the x14 system pull works like that: everytime a succesful 5* is pulled there is a 14% being the featured character, and a 86% being the others 85( the featured ones included).
    It's not a sure oddity, but still in long pulls will be appreciated.

Correct. You don't have a 14X more chance of pulling a 5*. You have a 14X more chance of pulling one of those three AFTER you have already done the chance to pull a 5*. The interesting thing is that it will make me hoard my Classic Tokens. I used to open them but now, there is no reason until one of the three is good (and maybe I'll hoard until all three are good).

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't think they should be making it easier.

Why shouldn't they be making it easier? Especially for any 5* you don't have fully covered (I understand the idea behind not letting players easily add champ levels via classics) the game should be doing everything possible to help you cover those characters including letting you pick which 5* in classics get the 14x odds or better yet allowing you to just pick 1 character.

The game is hugely tilted now toward 5* play (the 5* boosts dominating PvP at 2* play and beyond proves this along with making it easier than ever to get 5* covers). So making it easier for newer players to fully cover older 5* should be the top priority because it (A) justifies updates to older 5* characters and (B) promotes more PvP diversity because more players will have older boosted 5* champed.

KGB

• entrailbucket

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

Why shouldn't they be making it easier? Especially for any 5* you don't have fully covered (I understand the idea behind not letting players easily add champ levels via classics) the game should be doing everything possible to help you cover those characters including letting you pick which 5* in classics get the 14x odds or better yet allowing you to just pick 1 character.

The game is hugely tilted now toward 5* play (the 5* boosts dominating PvP at 2* play and beyond proves this along with making it easier than ever to get 5* covers). So making it easier for newer players to fully cover older 5* should be the top priority because it (A) justifies updates to older 5* characters and (B) promotes more PvP diversity because more players will have older boosted 5* champed.

KGB

This does make it easier for players to cover older 5*. Classics now have higher 5* odds than Latest, and they're still much cheaper. What it doesn't do is facilitate going all in on a single 5*, which is not something they should be encouraging.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

This does make it easier for players to cover older 5*. Classics now have higher 5* odds than Latest, and they're still much cheaper. What it doesn't do is facilitate going all in on a single 5*, which is not something they should be encouraging.

Well favorite 5* shards already facilitates going all in on a single 5*.

• entrailbucket

@ArchusMonk said:

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

Well favorite 5* shards already facilitates going all in on a single 5*.

Verrrrrrry very slowly, which is ok. What really facilitates going all in is the secret customer service cover swap thing -- that's how everyone actually does it.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

The problem is that there is WAY too many 5* in Classics. The odds are up to 16.6% now which means ~16 5's per 100 draws. With 80 characters in Classics you need ~500 draws to get a specific 5* (16 per 100 * 5 = 80). 500 draws is 10000 CP which says it's not feasible to cover older 5* this way. Yes, I know they are going to 'feature' 3 a month but again if you are looking for certain characters you are talking YEARS before they may be featured and even with increased odds you will need almost 10K CP to get even a few covers.

I do however agree they should not be facilitating people who already have a champed Okoye getting champ levels for her in order to get her to 550. But I believe that for any uncovered 5* you have (<13 covers) you should be able to set the featured character(s) to JUST that character in order to dramatically increase the odds that you get that character via tokens and not have to wait months / years for that character to appear as 'featured'.

KGB

• entrailbucket

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

The problem is that there is WAY too many 5* in Classics. The odds are up to 16.6% now which means ~16 5's per 100 draws. With 80 characters in Classics you need ~500 draws to get a specific 5* (16 per 100 * 5 = 80). 500 draws is 10000 CP which says it's not feasible to cover older 5* this way. Yes, I know they are going to 'feature' 3 a month but again if you are looking for certain characters you are talking YEARS before they may be featured and even with increased odds you will need almost 10K CP to get even a few covers.

I do however agree they should not be facilitating people who already have a champed Okoye getting champ levels for her in order to get her to 550. But I believe that for any uncovered 5* you have (<13 covers) you should be able to set the featured character(s) to JUST that character in order to dramatically increase the odds that you get that character via tokens and not have to wait months / years for that character to appear as 'featured'.

KGB

I could've stated the first post better.

My problem is with people who are so focused on only getting one particular 5*, and also at not getting any other one. (These people exist and there's a bunch of them). If your goal is to pull one character and only one character, I don't think they should be making that easier.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

I can understand the top end player concerns about being able to get certain characters to 550. I assume at some point they will have to offer the meta as choice but hopefully they are not stupid about it in one month together.

I just want to champ the old 5's that are in reach, most of which are old like Daredevil, Spidey, Surfer, etc. If my odds of pulling them are decreased because three other characters I don't want have a 14x more likely rate then I probably am not gonna bother with classics unless my guys are boosted. Now that it isn't even gonna be a random chance but decided by the player base, well that knocks an even greater percentage off of my chances of getting the boosted character I want for a month.

• CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker

When will we have What's New MPQ announcement? After anniversary? Or it's gone forever?

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 236 Tile Toppler

are we ever getting this updated? @IceIX > @CallTheStorm said:

When will we have What's New MPQ announcement? After anniversary? Or it's gone forever?

I'm betting on they quit on this thread because it's too much work for them to relay information.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2023

@axmoss said:

I'm betting on they quit on this thread because it's too much work for them to relay information.

This is definitely complete conjecture, but my two cents is that the info Ice has when making these is no longer guaranteed to reflect what actually will happen (this thread has consistently been incorrect the past few months) and considering he usually does this in the evening at home (per Discord banter), it’s just not worth the effort. Especially since there are lots of other priorities at the moment. Personally, I do miss it though!!!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@Zarqa said:

@axmoss said:

This is definitely complete conjecture, but my two cents is that the info Ice has when making these is no longer guaranteed to reflect what actually will happen (this thread has consistently been incorrect the past few months) and considering he usually does this in the evening at home (per Discord banter), it’s just not worth the effort. Especially since there are lots of other priorities at the moment. Personally, I do miss it though!!!

That's sad to hear. We don't need a fancy calendar or know what events are coming for the month. It was good enough just knowing what is coming the following week

• CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker

@Punisher5784 said:

@Zarqa said:

@axmoss said:

That's sad to hear. We don't need a fancy calendar or know what events are coming for the month. It was good enough just knowing what is coming the following week

Then announcement will be changed from 1 thread per month to 1 thread per week. More work for Ice. LOL

• Punisher5784

@CallTheStorm said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Zarqa said:

@axmoss said:

Then announcement will be changed from 1 thread per month to 1 thread per week. More work for Ice. LOL

I'm so happy that gave you such a good laugh!

Sure, it's more work to update a post, but I'm referring to the fact that they have to plan everything a month in advance to make this post.. that takes more work to me.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Punisher5784 said:

@CallTheStorm said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Zarqa said:

@axmoss said:

Sure, it's more work to update a post, but I'm referring to the fact that they have to plan everything a month in advance to make this post.. that takes more work to me.

I would HOPE that they have a basic plan in place for at least 6 months in advance.
    Changes are always possible of course, but planning month by month seems crazy for a live game with a skeleton crew.

• Punisher5784

@Bowgentle said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@CallTheStorm said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Zarqa said:

@axmoss said:

I would HOPE that they have a basic plan in place for at least 6 months in advance.
    Changes are always possible of course, but planning month by month seems crazy for a live game with a skeleton crew.

I don't disagree with you. I'd like to think the same. I only say what I say since there have been some differences between the monthly post and what's in the game. I don't recall there being many issues when the post was week-to-week

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

I mean the picture of the monthly schedule had always said it is subject to change so it’s always been clear that everyone shouldn’t take that as 100% correct, especially as the month goes on, since things do change from week to week occasionally.

The biggest thing for me in terms of what i got out of the updates they did to these threads was to see what 4’s would be featured in the coming days/weeks, as in months past I didn’t have them all rostered so it was good information for me to have to know when I’d need to make sure to have enough HP in store in order to add those characters to my roster so as to not miss out on covers or rewards that using them would get me.

So in whatever fashion this could return I’d be down for because it does help everyone plan things out better and be better prepared for what is upcoming.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

"Subject to change" is just a legal disclaimer - it wouldn't matter if it was 1 month or 1 day in advance - cover ya ****.

• MPQBren
    MPQBren Posts: 17 Just Dropped In

Why is this thread even still stickied at the top? It's over a month old, with no updates from anyone that works for MPQ. Don't they normally remove the Announcement tag when the thread is no longer relevant?