What's New MPQ - July 2023 (Updated 7/10/23)

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's the 7 day thing starting Thursday, right?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    It's the 7 day thing starting Thursday, right?

It should.
    As for the 5s, it depends on the boost they get.
    If it's the 100 level one, they'll get run, for sure.
    If it's the old, old 15 level boost, 479 4s could compete, possibly.

Edit:
    no, forget it.
    3 true healers, it's just too good to pass on, when just going for 50 wins.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 400 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yea i don’t think i even have 2 powers in any of those 5’s for that next PvP lol. Gonna be a struggle for me, looks like it’ll be up to Miles for me to stay invisible while I chip away at all my match ups for that week.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Maybe this will be the week for the triumphant return of FistBuster? Charlie's Angels?

I wish there was a good combination with Kingpin and The Thing that we could call Kingthing.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    Yea i don’t think i even have 2 powers in any of those 5’s for that next PvP lol. Gonna be a struggle for me, looks like it’ll be up to Miles for me to stay invisible while I chip away at all my match ups for that week.

No problem then! You won’t be matched up with people with higher characters. I don’t have them champed either, so it will be a 4* game

• Kaidrin1979
    Kaidrin1979 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

What is a OML?

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Kaidrin1979 said:
    What is a OML?

It's the big version of an omelette.

(Old Man Logan)

• Kaidrin1979
    Kaidrin1979 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thanks for the info.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Maybe this will be the week for the triumphant return of FistBuster? Charlie's Angels?

I wish there was a good combination with Kingpin and The Thing that we could call Kingthing.

KingThing lol.. all I remember back then is Kingpin loved fingering 3* SW's CD

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,052 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@bbigler said:

@bigjojo04 said:

No problem then! You won’t be matched up with people with higher characters. I don’t have them champed either, so it will be a 4* game

I don't think that's true. MMR doesn't know about limited rosters (or at least it never used to know) so you'll still be considered in the same MMR as you normally are with your champed 5s (even if you can't use any of them). I see this whenever they run the Balance of Power PvP (all characters to 550) where we should technically all be in the same MMR but we remain in the MMR of our non-boosted characters.

So you will be matched against players running champed versions of those 3 that you don't have.

KGB

• bigjojo04
    Options

So the Iso-8 Brotherhood preview is out now for another week long event. Anyone taking any bets whether or not they learned their lesson and fixed this one this time around?

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    So the Iso-8 Brotherhood preview is out now for another week long event. Anyone taking any bets whether or not they learned their lesson and fixed this one this time around?

And then it was gone again… you jinxed it!

• bigjojo04
    Options

Lmao off to a good start then!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe they had their first look at CL 10 after the preview went up, and saw that it was Borked again.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I'm sad that they did not rotate the Classic 5's who have the extra odds. Maybe it is a monthly thing? Weekly would be much better considering how many Classic's there are though.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I'm sad that they did not rotate the Classic 5's who have the extra odds. Maybe it is a monthly thing? Weekly would be much better considering how many Classic's there are though.

It rotates per season. per DevPool

• DAZ0273
    Options

@skittledaddy said:

@DAZ0273 said:

It rotates per season. per DevPool

Ah - right. Not the answer I was hoping for but still an answer. Thank you!

• DAZ0273
    Options

Thinking about this though this could be a double edged sword (Hi Shatterstar) as aren't these boosted 5's going to have a bit of a blocking effect on getting anybody else? I had a little go and got a Crystal from 80CP which was nice but I am working on Onslaught and so it potentially shuts off Classics for me every month none of the three are somebody I am chasing because I am less likely to get my character than normal which was already a longshot (Hi Longshot).

I guess that is first world MPQ problems but still a problem.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So far it hasn't really seemed to work that way. I've pulled more of the feature guys but I've also pulled other 5*.

I do pull a lot of classic tokens though.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think the x14 system pull works like that: everytime a succesful 5* is pulled there is a 14% being the featured character, and a 86% being the others 85( the featured ones included).
    It's not a sure oddity, but still in long pulls will be appreciated.