What's New MPQ - July 2023 (Updated 7/10/23)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:
    So looks like Thick as Thieves overlaps with the boss event. Not awful but avoidable, surely?

Yes, by running the 3 day version of Grocket.

• Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options

Next pvp preview is up. Best of 2013 😳 Couldn’t see placement rewards yet

• Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options

Guess this is replacing arcade event shown in monthly schedule pic

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

I think the class of 2013 PvP and the arcade PvP will run together. There's no placement rewards for 2013 PvE

• Bowgentle
    Options

This should be in addition to the normal schedule.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

Something seems wrong - it is giving out tokens to an Anniversary vault. Test server vs live server nonsense again?

Edit: I wonder if they were supposed to be something else? It mentions "Special Offer" cover packs whatever that might entail?

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 400 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Is it just me or is there something off by the timings of the slices too? I normally pick slice 2 which is the 10am/10pm PT slice but that’s showing as the first one now with an end time of 9am PT on 7/27 so it’s a week long event. Am i trippin or….?

• Bowgentle
    Options

Again, timely communication would solve all of that.
    Hint: if the preview goes live, you communicate on the day BEFORE, @MPQBlaine

• DAZ0273
    Options

So new 5/3 preview today do we think or are the Devs still dizzy from all the SDCC spinning?

• Bowgentle
    Options

The only meaningful updates were the boost lists, and we know how that'll look for the next 10 weeks.

• bigjojo04
    Options

So i just realized we still don’t have a preview for next PvE event in game yet. Does that mean we’re going to have a day gap in between or is it just going to pop up in the middle of the night tonight?

• DAZ0273
    edited July 2023
    Options

A lot should be happening today

Edit - Strikethrough Updated, so, yeah...

New 5/3 characters - any feeders?
    New Season starts
    Latest 5 should rotate
    New PvE
    The DDQ thing
    2014 PvP with new milestones
    New weekly boosts apply

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The 2014 just popped up but nothing else. Usually at 3 my time this stuff happens.
    /shrug

• Bowgentle
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    A lot should be happening today

New 5/3 characters - any feeders?
    New Season starts
    Latest 5 should rotate
    New PvE
    The DDQ thing
    2014 PvP with new milestones
    New weekly boosts apply

"should", yeah.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@dianetics said:
    The 2014 just popped up but nothing else. Usually at 3 my time this stuff happens.
    /shrug

Normally the store has rotated by now and any feeders in game are popping up. I guess maybe they will tie it in to the DDQ thing which is 11am UK time?

• Bowgentle
    edited July 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@dianetics said:
    /shrug

Normally the store has rotated by now and any feeders in game are popping up. I guess maybe they will tie it in to the DDQ thing which is 11am UK time?

If we're lucky, a dev will wake up before S1 PVE starts and manually start that up.
    If we're unlucky, this will completely screw over the PVE schedule for months.
    Again.

• bigjojo04
    Options

Well seeing how the new Class of 2014 PvP came out and no PvE preview definitely looks like we’re having a day off there for some reason.

And the new PvP season should be starting as well with the new 3 being featured but who knows when that’s supposed to come out.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    Well seeing how the new Class of 2014 PvP came out and no PvE preview definitely looks like we’re having a day off there for some reason.

And the new PvP season should be starting as well with the new 3 being featured but who knows when that’s supposed to come out.

2014 was scheduled in advance, no connection to the other events.

Season, new PVE, token rollover are all held hostage by the info on the new 3/5 release, which... Seems to have gotten lost along the way.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Makes me miss the old "Out of office" we used to get from the old Devs thread on the forum. They were still ignoring us but they also gave us scheduled days for us to be ignored.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Makes me miss the old "Out of office" we used to get from the old Devs thread on the forum. They were still ignoring us but they also gave us scheduled days for us to be ignored.

I think it would be faster if they told us when they're available.