What's New MPQ - July 2023 (Updated 7/10/23)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes, just in case you had forgotten the bug with the wave nodes.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    It is the 3* Captain Marvel twins on Big Enchilada today?!?!?

I guess one of them is a Skrull.

• RealMonkeyMax
    RealMonkeyMax Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thanks for posting this message.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 621 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Wolvie171 said:
    While they're bringing back Iso-8 Brotherhood, would it be too much to ask to spread out the nodes in the event layout so they're not crammed so tightly together?

I can't tell you how many times I've mistakenly entered the wrong node & had to back out due to how crammed the nodes are in the current Strange Sights PVE. :|

I'm the opposite. I hate when the nodes are all spread out and I have to find them, such as the second sub of The Hunt

There should be a happy medium between those two. Like if they moved the line of Strange Sight essential nodes up a smidge.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Wolvie171 said:
    While they're bringing back Iso-8 Brotherhood, would it be too much to ask to spread out the nodes in the event layout so they're not crammed so tightly together?

I can't tell you how many times I've mistakenly entered the wrong node & had to back out due to how crammed the nodes are in the current Strange Sights PVE. :|

I'm the opposite. I hate when the nodes are all spread out and I have to find them, such as the second sub of The Hunt

There should be a happy medium between those two. Like if they moved the line of Strange Sight essential nodes up a smidge.

I think Luck be a Lady in Meet R&G is a great example. Nice and linear and rarely press a different node by accident because they are well spaced.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Wolvie171 said:

Sub 2 of The Hunt is all over the map... literally! It's an extreme case of nodes spread out too far.

These layouts also cause the map to reset where it moves to a centered position after completing a far-right node, for example. It's a nuisance that creates an extra step to move the map over in order to replay the node. This behavior also occurs in Deadpool Vs. MPQ.

• Wolvie171
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Wolvie171 said:

Yup, it's the 3E node that is placed too close to the 3H wave node. There is all of this unused space above that essential node and the same layout is replicated on each day of the event. So it's not like I'm not aware of it, yet it happens repeatedly on different days. :/

Channeling our dear Frank Costanza, "Serenity now!" :lol:

• Wolvie171
    Options

@Scofie said:

@St_Bernadus said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Wolvie171 said:

I think Luck be a Lady in Meet R&G is a great example. Nice and linear and rarely press a different node by accident because they are well spaced.

The Hulk, if they decide to also bring back this 7-day PVE, is another example of how not to do it. Most of the nodes are aligned along a diagonal line, to simulate the chase within the story. The other nodes, however, instead of utilizing the extra space on the map, are crammed right next to the other nodes.

Serenity now!

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 796 Critical Contributor
    Options

Maybe Art Vandelay can design them? 😉

• Scofie
    Options

@Wolvie171 said:

@Scofie said:

@St_Bernadus said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Wolvie171 said:

The Hulk, if they decide to also bring back this 7-day PVE, is another example of how not to do it. Most of the nodes are aligned along a diagonal line, to simulate the chase within the story. The other nodes, however, instead of utilizing the extra space on the map, are crammed right next to the other nodes.

Serenity now!

Ha, yes I remember. Let's hope its looked at if Hulk makes a reappearance.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Do we think Jeff will sneak in another last appearance before he buggers off? I only need 64 shards to finish him.

• Bowgentle
    Options

I like how the preview ends like there will be a follow-up for the rest of July.
    Then there isn't.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Maybe we will get a Fan Favourite boost list and they want it to be a surprise?

• DAZ0273
    Options

Of course it could also be a surprise to them too...

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options

Has no one asked if they’re really releasing new 3/5 star characters a week apart?

• Bowgentle
    Options

Someone did.
    No answer.

• Scofie
    Options

@Hammer3001 said:
    Has no one asked if they’re really releasing new 3/5 star characters a week apart?

Hi @MPQBlaine - can you confirm the correct release date(s) for the 3/5 star this month? Will it be a 3* one week and 5* the other?

• MPQBlaine
    MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Hammer3001 said:

Hi @MPQBlaine - can you confirm the correct release date(s) for the 3/5 star this month? Will it be a 3* one week and 5* the other?

Looks like that is a visual error on 8/3. There will not be back-to-back 3/5* releases. Players can instead expect a brand-new support to launch on that date!

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 621 Critical Contributor
    Options

So looks like Thick as Thieves overlaps with the boss event. Not awful but avoidable, surely?

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options

MPQBlaine: Thanks for clearing that up.